Sign in to follow this  
RudiJG1

New Garmin GPS option?

Looks great!

Any screenshots from you first buyers?

Very nice, will they be making it for P3D and X-Plane as well? I stopped using FSX awhile ago.

Yep, what Ryan said.  Here's a link to the discussion:  http://www.simforums.com/forums/p3d_topic49342.html

Crossfill is not fully supported at present...

Ah yes, thanks for the correction Bert.  I see I didn't read carefully enough.  From the product page, partial crossfill support, but not for flightplans:

"To top it all off, cross-fill support between GTN series gauges is supported for radio frequencies, NAV/GPS indicator, audio panel data, transponder and more (cross-fill support of flight plan data is not currently supported)."

Scott

Yep, what Ryan said.  Here's a link to the discussion:  http://www.simforums.com/forums/p3d_topic49342.html

Ah yes, thanks for the correction Bert.  I see I didn't read carefully enough.  From the product page, partial crossfill support, but not for flightplans:

"To top it all off, cross-fill support between GTN series gauges is supported for radio frequencies, NAV/GPS indicator, audio panel data, transponder and more (cross-fill support of flight plan data is not currently supported)."

Scott

Exactly,  and flightplan crossfill is what you would want if you have the 750+650 installed..

Bert

Bert I know you got it - how's it working?

Dud you succeed with that older Carenado VC placement?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

It is early going, some bugs, but mostly good!

I've got it installed in the C182Q and others are working on the Milviz C310..

The chart feature on the GTN750 is really nice, and the graphics quality of the gauge

is first class.  No performance impact that I can see..

Bert

Guest tymk

That's great news, please let us know how it goes with other planes. :smile:

I guess the crazy layout of Carenado F33 Bonanza's avionics bay makes it a no-go, which is really a shame...

Also, does anyone have experience with modifying the avionics stack in Aerosoft's Katana 4X? The plane has a "user defined" layout that gives you a blank area to put gauges in, but there's no documentation for it, and I can't seem to find the right coordinates to put anything there.

Thanks!

Tym

It could go in the Milviz B55 using the model they made to allow people to put the RXP in

We're considering making this one for you as well. No confirmation on that yet...

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

I guess the crazy layout of Carenado F33 Bonanza's avionics bay makes it a no-go, which is really a shame...

The GTN650 should fit - it is the same size as a GNS430.

Bert, does it couple the AP for Waas V+L landings?

It certainly works for LPV landings, so I would assume: yes!

Bert

This is very cool, but I'm going to hold off on purchasing until I see how well developers are integrating it into their VC's. 

Looks nice, I might eventually go for the 650 when some devs start merging it with their planes.

Cheers

TJ

If you go to the Flight1 download page for this product you can download the Free Garman 750 trainer product from Garmin and install it on your PC you can run it without FSX which gives a jolly good idea of what it is like.  You will find it at the bottom of the page just above the download links. Sorry, for some reason I cannot cut and paste the web address.

regards

Richard 

Richard Binns
MSFS 2020 - Asus ROG Strix Z390-E - Skylake i7 9700k - EVGA RTX 3070 Black - 32gig G.Skill TridentZ DDR4 - Thermaltake Thor 850w Platinum PSU - Corsair Hydro H80iGT cooler - Samsung 43" UHD HDR TV - Thermaltake V71 Case - Samsung SSD 850 EVO M.2 500GB  - 2 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus V-Nand 1TB

Looks nice, I might eventually go for the 650 when some devs start merging it with their planes.

Cheers

TJ

I just installed the 650 into the Carenado Bonanza V-tail - looks great!

... and works great as well  B)

It certainly works for LPV landings, so I would assume: yes!

I just tried an LNAV+V approach (10L at KSFO) and it works like a charm..

Bert