Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Alabeo is the new Carenado

Alabeo posted about an hour ago the following picture on Facebook:

10389476_719913041400105_121652305465106

They also just updated their profile picture with a more shiny logo. Looks like they're going in a new direction.

What do you think?  :wink:

Carenado seems to be pushing into more complex aircraft, like the PC12 and Hawker, and leaving the Cessnas and Pipers to their sister company Alabeo..

Bert

Carenado seems to be pushing into more complex aircraft, like the PC12 and Hawker, and leaving the Cessnas and Pipers to their sister company Alabeo..

Yes, exactly what they're doing. The Alabeo overhaul might fall in line with the Next Generation series from Carenado.

Is that a 207?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Yessir!  I've always wanted a 207 for FSX.  I'll buy it when it's out, although I wish that Carenado/Alabeo would modify their taxi/landing lights to illuminate farther in front of the aircraft.  Hardly visible from the VC unless you raise the seat up abnormally high.  Still, a 207 will be nice for some short air taxi runs!

Gerald

While I do agree they're taking Carenado's role in the GA market, I think they're still doing what they have been doing since the beginning: producing good quality rare/uncommon GA aircraft at a low price point. Once they start making run-of-the-mill aircraft anyone can rent for a hundred dollar hamburger outing, then I'll fully agree they've, perhaps for the worst, become Carenado.

Are they Carenado but...without autopilots?  What airplane would I buy without an autopilot? There are a great number of the Carenado planes that need a makeover...some a need a do-over. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

There are a great number of the Carenado planes that need a makeover...some a need a do-over. 

Exactly, I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who would kill for a remake of their C208. It was a great plane a while back, but now is definitely showing it's age. 

Exactly, I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who would kill for a remake of their C208. It was a great plane a while back, but now is definitely showing it's age.

I bought it and flew it...twice?  Too much stuff not implemented if I remember. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Sweet! Mediocre products arriving at twice the speed now!!  :Party:

Are they Carenado but...without autopilots?  What airplane would I buy without an autopilot? There are a great number of the Carenado planes that need a makeover...some a need a do-over. 

I've had to add a popup autopilot to the two aircraft I bought--I actually use it often when I want to preset my desired cruise altitude on a long cross country flight.  It's not realistic, but at least I have one available.

I don't think it's going to happen. Carenado have updated their older aircraft like the C152 and the C172 with plenty of new features for X-Plane, and they've said that it's too hard to work with such old models. They prefer working on new models instead of bothering with their older aircraft.

I think I am set on my GA fleet with Alabeo's recent release of the Cardinal.  I've always wanted one for FSX, and they made three visual models--RG, Wheel Pants and w/o Wheel Pants.  I like the Cardinal alot--had looks ahead of its time and the front office is great for keeping tabs on traffic with the forward view for the pilot.  I once saw one for sale for 10K a few decades ago--how times have changed, although the Cardinal I saw looked like it needed a lot of TLC to get a current annual. 

I posted a fair amount of screenshots of the new Cardinal in the past week or so in the screenshots forum.  Seems to fly quite nicely and I was happy Alabeo had returned to the old pricing that Carenado used with its GA aircraft.

Fantastic!! Give us one for the bush! Bigger tires, no pants and good cargo, please! :) She looks GREAT!

Don