Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Like / Dislike Ratings

I have been looking over the various rating for messages lately and have decided to remove the "like / dislike" ratings entirely. I have seen some pretty infantile uses of them and have even had to suspend folks for misuse and abuse of them. They are now gone. The agree / disagree remain and I have added a "pondering this" for those that need to take time and think about the subject being discussed.

Remove all of it. This isn't a kindergarten class.

Remove all of it. This isn't a kindergarten class.

You don't see what we see, otherwise you might not say that. But, in an attempt to encourage a higher level of "discourse" and a swing toward more maturity, I have removed the ratings system entirely.

You don't see what we see, otherwise you might not say that. But, in an attempt to encourage a higher level of "discourse" and a swing toward more maturity, I have removed the ratings system entirely.

That was probably a good decision, the ratings system caused unnecessary turmoil on certain threads and irritated those receiving dislikes.

Thank you Tom.

Mo45

A great decision, especially considering that Disagree replaced Dislike once you removed the latter. Now everyone will be forced to post a Dislike, not click it.

Huzzah! Thank you.

- Bill Magann

Pls. elaborate ...   :rolleyes:

Tom Allensworth, on 08 Jun 2014 - 4:08 PM, said:

I have removed the ratings system entirely.

Mo45

I would 'like' this decision, but I can't :P

Seriously though, a positive move, though naturally it won't please everyone.

I have removed the ratings system entirely.

Hi all.

Wellll. . .while at it, the

"replies"

"views"

are quite useless too !!  B-)

I would not mind them gone.

Blue skies.

You did the right thing.

Congratulations.