Sign in to follow this  
Guest Michael_CFII_SEL

Level D 767 as good as the hype?

Guest Pyjamas

If you want to try it out but you're unsure, can't you just buy it and test it for 30 days?I think there is a 30 day refund policy, but i'm not too sure.

Guest Peter Sidoli

DianaGo buy it :-) You will not be dissapointed. As I have stated I am being hard on this one purely because it is claimed to be top of the pile in flight simulations and as such deserves extreme scrutiny ;-)It is an amazing release and I am sure the few bugs will be addressed as the feedback rolls in.At a $40 price tag its cheap at $60 it would be worth it.Peter

Guest Pabra

Hi Peter and the restNow vc's are truly interactive and every switch is where it belongs (way at the back of the center console or on the far side of the overhead) you and everyone else should consider the trackir+vector expansion. It makes life a lot easier on the virtual flightdeck. I can't imagine panning right, then up to find the overhead anymore. Furthermore you can lean forward or any direction, like zoom in, to read the small gauges. all this happens as fast as you can turn your head and as fluid as your pc can handle. Just like level-d; get it! (don't take-off without it)Paul

>Possibily yes, but that is what a support forum should be>for, the manual contains 180 odd pages of "dry" information,>which can be quite difficult to digest and find the exact>piece of information you require.>>Also, in the event that there is no flight tutorial (really>should be something like that included in every addon), the>support forum is the only place to turn too.>>Dan.I agree with you Dan. I myself don't read the manual (especially if it's too long) straight away. I only do that after I fly the plane with simple Autopilot features, like climbing, cruising and ILS landing. After that I get down reading the manual to get more out of it. So at first I also post simple questions for simple answers in these forums. That

Stelios Christofides

Guest A321

Just so you guys know...You can also Turn the NAV to Auto and input the ILS Freq and course in the Rad-Nav Page on the FMC, :)Makes life much easiserJason

Guest ohioguy

It really is good. I do wish that the 2-d panel bit-map was re-designed. It was great in 2000 (2001?), but is now looking a bit elderly, especially with other titles out there there with great new panels for less money. I wish that more developers would get more into the "in the captain's seat feel" with their panels, like the DF 727. Yes, the 767 is advanced, but so are some other releases...ATR, high end with a beautiful 2-d panel. I sure hope I don't get bashed for my opinion.

>I cannot select ILS frequencies from the VC or 2D panel being forced to select frequencies in the FMC.Take a flight into Dublin rw 28 freq 109.90 yes I can select 109.85 but the next figure comes up as 109.00 and the same goes for other ILS frequencies.Talk about not reading the manual nor the FAQ's.... :(ILS frequencies are not dialed in the NAV1 receiver on th MCP but into the ILS receiver on the pedestal.

>Possibily yes, but that is what a support forum should be for, the manual contains 180 odd pages of "dry" information, which can be quite difficult to digest and find the exact piece of information you require.That's why there are seperate support forums. One for technical and one for pilot issues. The problem is that many people that actually just do a pilot error assume it's a technical problem and ask in the wrong forum. And that is what keeps things complicated.

Guest danowat

Again, yes, that is a problem, but for the laymen amongst us, how do we tell if it is pilot error or a bug?.A flight tutorial would solve many of the pilot error issues we have seen over the last few days, hopefully one will be forthcoming in the near future?.I have no doubt that the LDS767 will be/is the new benchmark for airliners on FS.Dan.

ditto ditto ditto madam - I just left a post in the LDS general forum respectfully requesting they change to read-only for non-users, even their FAQ would be of help to me. Like you, I wait for feedback before buying. In this case there is very little from those having legitimate issues - except in the support forum of course :) .regards,Mark3.2HT/1GIG/X700pro256

Regards,

Mark

I think the developers of the 767 have done a wonderful job. I have not been having the same issues as a lot of others have / are having.The only issue I'm having is caused by a conflict between the 767 and another package.There have been a lot of comments about this being the most advanced aircraft available fo FS. I'm sorry, I disagree with these comments. This was so with the PIC767, but FS and the community have moved on since then. There are features that might be unique and new to FS, but there are other packages such as the RFP 747-200 (although its graphics are not the best) that are more advanced.Having said all that, I do not in anyway regret my purchase and highly recommend it for anybody. For thoses that are wanting a big bird to fly anywhere in the world, either short, medium or log haul, the LDS767 is the best available at the moment. RegardsRussell Jourdain (NZL007/ZK-RHJ)

I have to agree with you guys here also. I have given this some thought over the last few days and have concluded...open the forum and I will open my wallet!I have never seen this type of thing with a vendor, do they have any idea how frustrating it is to see, in the General Discussion Forum, a post stating 'major issue with the AP' only to see it locked and relocated to a special access only forum!!I loved all of the freeware/payware PIC team products and have always been a great support. However, on this one I will base my purchase on one of two things happening - the forum opens or AVSIM does a complete in-depth review.I am sure that the LDS team would support my decision.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Although I have purchased the Level D 767, and hence have access to the 767 forums, I too would have liked to have had read-only access to the Level D support forum before I made my purchase so that I could get a feel for the maturity of the product on initial release. Now that I can get in the "club" I am relieved to find that only a handful are having major problems, with the vast majority still trying to wipe the smiles off their faces. If anything it would have cemented my decision to purchase, not turned me away.So come on Level D, open up and make the support forums read-only to wannabe purchasers. It can only make sales go up for you!Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Guest bonjourmoi44

Very well said, Dianne. And to Farlis:Your post was unnecessary. If you indeed had read the entire thread then you would have seen this. Although, I do not blame you, the thread is long and dry, might as well jump to conclusions rather than reading it in its entirety.

Guest jnav

Here also an old time simmer who was waiting anxiously the release of this product. However was extremely disappointed to see that the support forums were closed to potential buyers. I am not saying that I wont by it but if any thing will delay considerably my purchase. I don