Sign in to follow this  
ednish00

FMC Freeze

If you requested and selected a flight plan on the route page in your FMC, or requested performance information this will cause the freeze if the flight plan was created in the previous version of the PMDG777. You should delete all flight plans in the 777 folder and create new ones. Old flight plans bad!

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

If you requested and selected a flight plan on the route page in your FMC, or requested performance information this will cause the freeze if the flight plan was created in the previous version of the PMDG777. You should delete all flight plans in the 777 folder and create new ones. Old flight plans bad!

Best regards,

Jim you are wrong!

See my comments to you in this topic

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/449161-uplink-cdt-after-update/

Hi guys,,

I had the same problem, i figured out that if you click on the FMC "-BRT+ " button a few times, the FMC will no longer be frozen and will function normally again. Do the same with the other 2 FMCs.

Hope this helps!

Hassan

• Upvote 1

apilot- Sir you are a star!

this worked, FMC was frozen after take off, from TNCM, tried all the buttons that did not work.

Clicked the BRT +/- and it starts working, and so did the other two CDUs.

Thank you Captain!

Hi guys,,

I had the same problem, i figured out that if you click on the FMC "-BRT+ " button a few times, the FMC will no longer be frozen and will function normally again. Do the same with the other 2 FMCs.

Hope this helps!

Hassan

A BIG BIG THANX to you, SIR! The problem solved! :yahoo: MC & a HNY! :smile:

Why fly? Simple. I'm not happy unless there's some room between me and the ground.

-Richard Bach, "A Gift of Wings" 1974

Hi guys,,

Hope this helps!

Hassan

Many thanks to you for this !!! It worked !!!!  :dance:  :dance:

On 8/29/2014 at 10:30 PM, apilot said:

Hi guys,,

Hope this helps!

Hassan

Hassan, a big big big thanks to u it really.....really worked, thanks a lot.

I have this same problem where i take off in the PMDG 777 and my FMC freezes up and i can't click on anything and also the Altitude number disappear from the FMC as well any ideas on how to fix this problem??

10 hours ago, Mudder9000 said:

I have this same problem where i take off in the PMDG 777 and my FMC freezes up and i can't click on anything and also the Altitude number disappear from the FMC as well any ideas on how to fix this problem??

Full names on all posts in the PMDG forums please.

You didn't mention if you tried the solution provided by Hassan in a post directly above yours?

Dan Downs KCRP

SOLVED !!

i did this .. long press BRT botton on the fmc then long press EXEC and finally long press on CLR botton 

i dont know witch action solved the problem

I have similar occasion with PMDG777 300ER.I override this freezing situation, accidentally by 2 times.

1) If it is an offline flying then,gradually increase your simulation speed to X 4 times and to X 16 times for some seconds (for eg 10sec).Then come back to normal speed.Then check that FMC. It will work.

2)If it is an online flying press A key to 1st officer seat,Focus to right side FMC and click some keys(menu,legs..) in right side fcu. And from the same 1st officer location move your camera towards left side(Caption side) FMC and press( menu or legs..) keys.It will work.Then cycle back to caption seat and again check each flight computers.If it is not working again cycle through the same steps again.

This happened to me from CYYZ-EGLL. I was frustrated since I didn't want to restart the flight. I can't tell exactly what fixed it but it was one of the following

1. Pressing the menu button on the fmc

2. Pressing the brightness button on the fmc

3. Pressing brightness button then menu button

4. Holding down the menu button

Regards,

Craig