Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

FSX Fiber Accelerator?

Hi Pete, I forgot to mention an important thing, the vsync. It is set to 1/3 refresh rate, and the FPS inside of FSX are fixed at 20.

In any other case (unlimited or limited using an external program) I have noticed heavy micro stutters.

Maybe I've mixed these to problems together and maybe the one thing doesn't have anything to to with the other thing...

Possibly the frame rate higher than 20 (instead of my usual fixed 20) + 1/3 vsync caused the recent problem.

I'll have to experiment and when I found a fix for the microstutters, I'll perform a flight using fiber accelerator again.

And yes, my framerate is much lower when locked internal, but that's the only way to eliminate the microstutters/FPS-jumps.

Maybe I should open an additional thread for that.

Sebi

Regards, Sebastian

Hello, I didn't see any reference to VAS, so i have to to ask.

How is VAS reacting to this dynamics changes?

I ask because wit the 777 I'm at the limits after disabling unused scenery

I will try the demo, just wan't to ask maybe someone already tried it.

Hi Pete, I forgot to mention an important thing, the vsync. It is set to 1/3 refresh rate, and the FPS inside of FSX are fixed at 20.

In any other case (unlimited or limited using an external program) I have noticed heavy micro stutters.

Maybe I've mixed these to problems together and maybe the one thing doesn't have anything to to with the other thing...

Possibly the frame rate higher than 20 (instead of my usual fixed 20) + 1/3 vsync caused the recent problem.

I'll have to experiment and when I found a fix for the microstutters, I'll perform a flight using fiber accelerator again.

And yes, my framerate is much lower when locked internal, but that's the only way to eliminate the microstutters/FPS-jumps.

Maybe I should open an additional thread for that.

Sebi

Do not use the vsync limiter ( refresh rate limiter ) with this program !

The program controls the framerate and by using the vsync limiter you will interfear with what the program is trying to do.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I don't say this very often, but this app is now on my must buy/recommended list. That list is very short having only FSUIPC, ASN, EZDok, Track-IR 5, A2A's Cessna and Cherokee and now this FSX Fiber Accelerator. I was very sceptical at first as there are so many of these types of app floating around the FS market and very few (if any) actually do anything a smart tweaker (oxymoron) cannot already do on there own just by editing the FSX.cfg and setting up their PC properly. This app really does help my system and just when you need it the most i.e. when everything conspires to throw the worst situation at you.

Just now I've been flying around Manchester and Liverpool and the weather (to be honest) is crap, I have lots of traffic about, two large airports within spitting distance of one another, all the FTX Regional products for the UK and Ireland are installed and active and a fairly complex aircraft the A2A Cherokee is my mode of transport, yes I know its not complex systems wise, but it will push the average PC.

Without this app I would be getting some stutters and frame rates dropping from my normal 30 locked to probably around 22 on approach to Liverpool for example and flight fidelity wouldn't be the best. With this app its a completely different story, its dynamically turning off the locked frame rate in FS when it drops too low, and as you know unlocking the framerate is the best thing to do when performance drops below a certain level. Fiber is doing all this automatically in real time and its doing really well on my rig.

I have 30FPS set in FSX and 30 set to the lowest frame rate options in Fiber, this combination is heaven for me as it saves me having to constantly load different saved settings profiles in FS as needs permit, I just don't have to do that now, and I figured all this out just from 3 hours or so testing. Certainly do yourself a favour and give the free demo a try, it might just be what you have been looking for for the last nearly 8 years of FSX ;)  And no I've no affiliation with FSPS, its my first product from them in fact.

Cheers, Andy.

Ok seriously!!! I bought it installed. Got the latest fsuipc and checked that i have .net 3.5 installed. And nothing. Goes in and crashes. fsps fiber has stopped working is all i get.

Why would you buy it before testing the demo version? The dev's are aware some people are having problems and a new installer will be released soon (I think) that will attempt to fix any missing prerequisites.

Cheers, Andy.

On my system I usually run with the limiter set to unlimited, because any limit I set, even if it is ridiculously high, seems to make the achieved frame rates lower. Yes, with 'unlimited', if i bother to watch the fps I can see it changing all over the place, but turn it off and there's no sign of jerkiness, no stutters. It feels and looks smooth.

Pete

Exactly my case, I never even wanted to go into discussions which one was better, it's just obvious on my system.

Dirk.

yeah i feel like a real idiot now. anyway thats not a solution. come on fsps where are you????????????

------------------

Oh, and because we found out that users who had installed net 4.5 in win 7, MAY have some core elements of .net 2 - let's say "overwritten" , and as a result application crash with apparently no reason, we are preparing an update that will handle this issue. Stay tuned.

Repeating myself....

Don't let me start writting, like a famous guy (of this forum) I respect much ... "It will be ready... when it's ready... "

Regards, Babis D. (BD)
Flight Simulator Platform Solutions
Senior Developer
visit us: Homepage / Our unofficial blog
2vhslld.jpg

Pretty exciting. I have been hoping for something like this for many years (an extension that could dynamically adjust detail levels for a target frame rate), but figured it was impossible under the current FSX infrastructure. The problem, for me, with FSX and P3D is the small percentage of situations such as approaches or flying over areas of super-detailed scenery. It forces me to either grin and bear it as the performance drops to the point where it significantly impacts the smoothness of the flight, or futz around with loading new settings manually in the middle of flights. Either solution just serves to break immersion.

I have more or less transitioned fully over to Prepar3d, so I'll hold out for a release of this product for that platform and buy it without hesitation. 

I don't say this very often, but this app is now on my must buy/recommended list. That list is very short having only FSUIPC, ASN, EZDok, Track-IR 5, A2A's Cessna and Cherokee and now this FSX Fiber Accelerator. 

Sounds good, I'm getting it.

Dirk.