Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

FSX Fiber Accelerator?

I did not know this existed till i saw this Topic pop up.  

Not really much to say I used the demo tested over New York out of KJFK then went out towards the City for a fly over this place is hell for me I mostly fly away from all cities and i really only fly small GA so I took the Realair decathlon as i said over the city and textures degraded to a blur but surprisingly autogen was still working usually this place gets me about 8-10fps I was hovering around 15-17 which for me was great as i left the city and went inland the ground detail became super sharp and forests were filled with autogen trees and roads with  cars.. and I was sitting around about 20-25fps.

Anyway all i can say for me a simple non technically minded FSX user on a 7 year old quad core duo system with 4gb of ram.   It worked as advertised gave me detail where I like it most in the bush and allowed me without changing settings to have a smooth flight over a nightmare of a city,  

Anyway I ponied up and bought the program,

O yes thanks for having the program demo for 5x60min it allowed me to test it in other situations heavy cloud being one plus various cities.  :)

As I have SPX and I wil be running Fiber Acccelerator as well - Will there by any problems running both FSPS programs side by side?

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

I tried the demo.  I did set max fps (30) from within FSX, started FA and set the minimum fps to 20.  BUT FA resets FSX fps to unlimited. When I closed FA while FSX is still running fps setting returned to 30.

Do you folks see the same?

Jean-Jacques

I get the same thing with the registered package. It does work.

Jayjay, on 05 Jul 2014 - 07:06 AM, said:

I tried the demo. I did set max fps (30) from within FSX, started FA and set the minimum fps to 20. BUT FA resets FSX fps to unlimited. When I closed FA while FSX is still running fps setting returned to 30.

Do you folks see the same?

Jean-Jacques

I get the same thing with the registered package.

I believe this is how it works! This is why you need to lock the frames in FSX before starting the accelerator. It uses that as a benchmark then it takes control of the settings, including the frame lock to meet that goal.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Do you lock your frames externally Pete Dowson ? 

No. I used to (via nVidia Inspector), but nowadays with an overclocked 4770K, I get no adverse affect from using unlimited.  The 8 clients regulate themselves to around 30 fps max in any case -- that's done by the WideServer part of FSUIPC.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

I was almost sure, but now I am 100% sure, that most people don't read manuals. :D

So some basic tips:

The application configured properly, tries to give you the best possible fps without sacrificing graphics. 

1. Set the Target frames inside FSX to something high (your system rarely reaches) i.e. 60 but not unlimited.
  2. Start Fiber at the scenario you want.
  3. Put a setting in fiber (into frames setting) i.e 40 - that can be considered high
  4. If you put too high a setting yes you will get a quality drop (PC cannot follow the setting and is sacrificing everything to reach that) And with shift+Z you will , most probably, see - as a desparate measure - fps in FSX switched to unlimited.
  5. If you lower the setting to the point you see unlimited rarely or never, then this is the setting where you get the best possible frames matching the graphic quality you had set in FSX settings. (We switch to unlimited as a desperate measure. This alone would guide you that you had selected a too high of a setting for the current scenery ! )
  6. If you see the Terrain power graph stays always at over 50% you can raise a bit the setting at Fiber. (It means your PC has more to give)

In general... play with the setting, and don't reach conclusions too fast ;)

As I have SPX and I wil be running Fiber Acccelerator as well - Will there by any problems running both FSPS programs side by side?

Absolutely not.

Regards, Babis D. (BD)
Flight Simulator Platform Solutions
Senior Developer
visit us: Homepage / Our unofficial blog
2vhslld.jpg

I believe this is how it works! This is why you need to lock the frames in FSX before starting the accelerator. It uses that as a benchmark then it takes control of the settings, including the frame lock to meet that goal.

Thanks Tom, makes sense!

Jean-Jacques

Jean-Jacques Struyf

between EBBR and EBCI

Hello!

I am very interesting in this program and I tried the Demo, but with strange result that I can not see anyone reporting yet.

I have checked that I have the latest version of FSUIPC and I downloaded and executed .Net 3.5.1 although in my Windows 7 I already hade .Net 4.5.1?

How ever, when I executed the installed Fiber Demo (as administrator) the first time nothing happened. The "question window" when running an application as administrator came up, but then nothing. I tried to execute the Demo again. Now I came to a registration screen and accepted to use the software for Evaluation. One test-period was already lost. Now the application screen showed for just a few seconds and then it disappeared again. I tried again, now with only three trials left, same result.

So I restarted the computer and tried again. The first time no application window showing, the next time for just a few seconds. And now all trial periods are used.

I use: FSX SP2 together with Active Sky Next and SuperTrafficBoard.

When trying to test the Fiber Demo I did it on the Airport UK2000 EGLL Extreme, using Aerosoft Airbus 321 Extended.

Any clues?

Best regards

Jan Jönsson

Version of the demo you are running? (Right click on the exe , properties, details, version ? )

Regards, Babis D. (BD)
Flight Simulator Platform Solutions
Senior Developer
visit us: Homepage / Our unofficial blog
2vhslld.jpg

Version of the demo you are running? (Right click on the exe , properties, details, version ? )

My version is 1.1.0.0 

:) Jan

No Interference with both FSPS programs -Thats great...fabolous

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

Does FA work in a networked configuration (for example simconnect or WideFS)?

Thanks

No it has to run on the FSX PC, latency would be far too slow to run an application like this over a network. CPU usage is insignificant as far as the app itself goes so there is NO point running it on a networked machine.

Cheers, Andy.

Did you try it ...

That why I'm asking. Disabling 1/2 refresh rate NI is going to disable Vsync in fullscreen mode. Yes I did try it, disabling 1/2 refresh rate and yes it does disable Vsync and introduce tearing in Fulscreen.

Hi out there,

Do you agree for those FSX settings while using FSX FA:

Internal Frame Limit at 60 (Display screen in 60HZ)

NV Inspector Vsync: Forced On (not the 1/2 refresh rate as in the PMDG and Kostas Tweak Guide)

Cheers Tom