Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

FSX Fiber Accelerator?

I have FSPS Xtreme fsx pc.

Should TA be started seperatly or inside XFPs addona folder?

Tried it and it runs fine on my pc.  It didn't change anything though, neither increasing or decreasing my fps.  I am lucky because even though my pc is of a lower end I get pretty good performance from fsx in most situations.  Tried several scenarios and did not get any change from it's normal operation.  Thanks FSPS for the opportunity to try your product.  I don't think I will be getting it as I wasn't able to see any benefit for my system.

Hi All, my first post, so here goes.

First of all my rig specs arn't great, i:e it's a 2009 shop bought advent, win 7 amd phenom x2 with ati 5700 card4 gig ram, well below the benchmark for FSX, as we all know.

However, with all the usual tweaks, twists, and whatever, over the last year have managed to get a reasonable ( tolerabe) performance from this setup.

I have Active sky nexy with rex textures, ftx global+vector scenery, trackir, ezdok, aircraft are mostly captain sim and A2A, also have accufeel and fs force plus fspassenegers.

So really this should cripple my system. Yet despite all advice i run with unlimited frame rates and stil manage to average around 13/ 18 FPS in heavy areas and at 20k ft + i hit 25/35 FPS

It was the big hit i got on FPS around addon airports plus the cities in ftx that made me decide i NEED a new rig. Then along comes FSX Fiber accelerator? I tried the woefully short demo and to be honest saw some  small improvements in FPS at EGLL aerosoft mega airport and yet didn't have time to taxi, takeoff ,etc due to the restaints on the demo.

Regardless, i bought FSX Fiber Accelerator, and a i can now catagorically say the only difference i saw was a loss of framerate (strangely) and lots of blurries in th ftx global scenery.

I Have a benchmark flight from Manchester EGCC to Dublin EIDW and vice versa, captain sim 757 200, ASN, Ezdok, etc

I can normally expect aound 12/17 FPS on the ground and once in the air at 120 + up to 25 FPS. After 8 flights so far ( not much i admit) i saw no benefit from FSX fiber accelerator, contrary i didi notice loss of

autogen close to me, plus i never saw an increase in FPS even close to, never mind above what i'm used to.

I know full well my cure is to get a new rig!! But this addon (bearing in mind i did buy FPS booster) did seem to offer a solution to low end machines.

If You've got £20 GBP to risk, Try It. But my Honest opinion is I wish i hadn't.

Hope this Helps

Mac

I have most of this vendors other products, but not this one...

Wouldn't this have been the Holy Grail if this product had came out 4 years ago ?

I can't help but consider this program having a bigger affect on weaker powered systems with diminishing results as your pc specs go higher ..

I am thinking this app will work best if you actually RTFM ( as we used to say in the Navy ) ...

I will try the demo and I expect I will buy it if for no other reason then because it is easily shut down and that it doesn't muck about with my current settings and such ... ( save the obvious ones that have always changed when ever you change graphics settings in FSX )...

I would rather read concerns from those who actually have the program than read through constant posts from those who can only condemn. Such posts detract from what really matters. If all you want to do is complain go get on one of the after noon talk shows...

I know full well my cure is to get a new rig!! But this addon (bearing in mind i did buy FPS booster) did seem to offer a solution to low end machines.

If You've got £20 GBP to risk, Try It. But my Honest opinion is I wish i hadn't.

Mac, why did you buy it without trying it, when the demo is free?

I seen a substantial improvement in FPS when using the demo, otherwise I wouldn't have purchased it.

Edited by n4gix
Please! Trim the quote!

Despite having moved on to P3D V2 from its very release with FSX gathering dust on its SSD and just waiting for permanent removal at complete system rebuild and windows reinstall at the beginning of winter to say good by to it forever, I thought I would try this program. I have my FSX locked to 30FPS and use NI with the 1/2 refresh rate. I loaded up the NGX at La Guardia and I have Drzewiecki Design NYCX installed with the low res textures. (you have to be insane to use the High-Res LOL). This scenery IMO is hands the biggest performance killer that I have ever seen in FSX.
I started up the FSRecorder and off I went on a crazy low altitude circuit ( below the high of the freedom tower :-) around and over top of Manhattan and landed back at La Guardia.

I then played back the fight in FSX recorder and using trackIR just looked out the window in the direction of heaviest scenery and kept an eye on the frame rate. Highest I saw was about 27 and the lowest 8 or 9. I then reset the play back and started up Fiber. I set the lowest target to 30FPS
and played the flight back again. It didn't maintain 30FPS but I did do as advertises. I saw the 30 FPS quite a bit I also noticed the frame counter lock displayed in the top leaf corned was intermittently changing from 30fps to unlimited. Apparently it does that as a last resort:-) Lowest I saw was about 16 fps.

That all represents quite a hefty performance boast. Over the years the I have tried a couple of FSPS performance boasters and I have to say I quite like the snake oil comment when I think of those. (No Offense FSPS I am sure they all did something) but this IMO opinion is the real McCoy. No question about it! Higher FPS, Smoother Sim. There is no placebo effect here.

The is a however though! I did notice the blurred ground textures are the price you pay! However I it so long since I looked at my fsx.cfg I am not sure I cannot to some degree counter that.

One other observation. I am in the lucky position of having a screen that supports a lot of refresh rates. (DON'T FORCE YOUR SCREEN TO AN UNSUPPORTED REFRESH RATE!!! YOU MIGHT BRAKE IT!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED). 1080p at 50hz is supported. So using the NI for 1/2 refresh rate and locking FSX top 25fps worked extremely well with FIber. It was definitely the Smoothest low altitude flyby of Drzewiecki Design NYCX I have ever seen on my system. it was Buttery.

It not going to get me back to FSX because for me the future is P3D. I personally cannot justify spending another penny on FSX but if I had to buy one more it would this and DX10 fixer. :LMAO:

A "full" understanding, down to decompiling, reverse engineering, and programmer-level detail?  Nope, of course not, which I'm sure you inferred already.  A reasonable, mid-level understanding of FSX, Windows, and computer architecture...their settings, effects, and interactions?  You bet, Jim.

So you will publicly do that with FS Kneeboard and FS Calc?

I'm shocked! This worked for me out of the box (just set 30 fps). Massive increase in performance at Orbx YMML with full overcast. I guess I averaged 10 fps improvement from 16 to around 26, even hitting 30 fps on occasion.

Cheers,

Noel.

11th Gen i9-11900K @ 3.5GHz | nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair 64 GB RAM | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | Asus 27" RoG G-Sync

Track IR5 | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Products Pedals

I have been trying this demo, and will pass along some info.  1) I had been using AlacrityPC to load ASN, FSX, and procexp.  Found that I had to kill AlacrityPC before the demo would work properly.  Main benefit of AlacrityPC was to kill or suspend processes I was not using when flying with FSX, so no problem to kill it.  2) Am using 3 monitors with Matrox TripleHead 2 Go, and a 4th monitor, usually viewing outside front view.  Found that if I run all 4 monitors in full screen mode, it really impacts my frame rates, down to about 5.5 frames per sec. whether running the demo or not.   When running the demo, the TFR setting goes to infinity, not the value of 30 I set in FSX.  However, if I make the display on the 3 primary monitors smaller, the frame rates go up to my target rates set in the demo, the CPU TP goes to about 20%, and the TFR goes to 30.  Does even better if I close the 4th monitor display altogether in FSX.  Have not decided about purchasing this product yet, but really appreciate being able to try it 5 times for an hour.  Lots of variables to adjust.

My system is Alienware i7-920, OC to 3.2 GHz, with 9 GB memory, Radeon HD5900. In addition to FSX I am running ASN, UT2, and Process Explorer (to monitor VAS).  As stated above, I am using 3 monitors with Matrix TripleHead 2 Go, and 4th monitor for another view.  Am not using DX10 at this time.

My test flight is at KSEA, RWY 34R or !6L.  My goal is to try to get better frame rates.  Am trying various display settings before deciding whether to purchase this product.

Jim Kaye

So you will publicly do that with FS Kneeboard and FS Calc?

Thanks for the question, Jim, but I'd hate to steer this thread off the product and topic of discussion with assorted questions (including my own) and feedback.  However, I'd be happy to explain what the software interfaces with or settings it changes, if you'd like to send me a PM or post in our associated public forum.  The answer is probably simpler than you think!

And now back to the regularly-scheduled thread!

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Kyle,

Have you tried this program with Guam? :-)

Billy Bluestar

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

Kyle,

Have you tried this program with Guam? :-)

Billy Bluestar

No, I haven't.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

@ 1st fltsimguy

1, They do !!! http://forum.simflight.com/forum/128-fsps-support-forum/

2. The AVSIM community should be thanking the developer for responding to queries and problems etc., in these forums, rather than be non-responsive .. as this is NOT their support forum. See 1.

3. The Product info IS on their own website, as well as Simmarket, and other online retailers. http://store.thefsps.com/product_info.php?products_id=54

I'm just saying ...

Perhaps a search and/or some investigation, .. before slamming the developer. They didn't start this thread, ... they are just responding to the numerous questions and queries that we all have.

BTW, .. prior to reading this thread a couple of days ago, I had never heard of, or dealt with FSPS at all, .. yet, I managed to find their website, product page & support forum, .. with very little difficulty. :o

Cheers

Tom

Hi Tom,  at no time do I ever "slam" people or developers....as I stated in my post "I have a couple of suggestions".

Thanks for bringing to our attention that there are in fact support forums available with the vendor, I had no idea.  I have never bought any of this developers products.  This is helpful to know.  No slamming intended, just some personal views.

I did notice an ongoing "plea" by the developer here for folks to read the manual and that they were repeatedly asking for folks to read his posts and the manual about various aspects of this software.

I personally would have thought that the developer would redirect support questions to their forum so that they could manage and control the topics and questions/answers.  Which I guess is really my point.

The OP was advising us of a new product and offering some opinion.  This then rapidly turned into a sort of support forum by the developer.  We all appreciate the ongoing involvement by the developer, that is tremendous, Its just a thought that I had the perhaps the support stuff should have been directed to their forums (which I didn't know they had).

And from the initial onslaught of comments and questions, this then leads me to suggest a pinned FAQ or Q&A so that folks don't have to wade through hundreds of posts here to see if they can find the answer to their question.

cheers.

Bryan

Despite I want to reply to everyone I will stop doing so. Some PM's are getting out of control, and I am too old to fight young minds, especially the way THEY want... If I drop my manors to stupidity levels, they will win as some excel on that...

So I ll repost if something serious rises , keep reading naturally...

There is a saying in my mother language...

"You may don't believe that I do whatever I claim I'm doing, but you have no right stopping me ACTUALLY DO what I claim" . 

Translate it to whatever you like.

So non-believers .. Try the demo...

Believers ... Long Live and Prosper & see you on the other side  ^_^

8b8755ede4e927f071dd02bdf3b39cda.png

This is what I was talking about.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

It seems that the best results come from limiting frames in FsX to a value that you can't normally achieve very often and then Fiber Acc' will dynamically alter cfg entries to suit the loading. Now as I understand it, the vsync tearing fix is only achieved when frames are limited to half the refresh rate, which in my case is 30 because my monitor refresh is at 60Hz. So if I start changing my limit in FsX then I will see tearing as the NVI setting will not be valid. Can anyone confirm this?

Set Vsync inside FSX in the cfg. 

I'm not sure how FSPS like to handle Vsync with their programs, but with one of their programs that I'm using (FSX Booster 2013), it sets the Vsync within FSX.  I tried disabling it and get Vsync through NI with 1/2 refresh rate and I got really bad stutters.  Before using the booster, I got better results by letting NI handle Vsync and fps.  After the booster, I get much better fps when frames and Vsync is controlled by FSX.

Despite having moved on to P3D V2 from its very release with FSX gathering dust on its SSD and just waiting for permanent removal at complete system rebuild and windows reinstall at the beginning of winter to say good by to it forever, I thought I would try this program. I have my FSX locked to 30FPS and use NI with the 1/2 refresh rate. I loaded up the NGX at La Guardia and I have Drzewiecki Design NYCX installed with the low res textures. (you have to be insane to use the High-Res LOL). This scenery IMO is hands the biggest performance killer that I have ever seen in FSX.

I started up the FSRecorder and off I went on a crazy low altitude circuit ( below the high of the freedom tower :-) around and over top of Manhattan and landed back at La Guardia.

I then played back the fight in FSX recorder and using trackIR just looked out the window in the direction of heaviest scenery and kept an eye on the frame rate. Highest I saw was about 27 and the lowest 8 or 9. I then reset the play back and started up Fiber. I set the lowest target to 30FPS

and played the flight back again. It didn't maintain 30FPS but I did do as advertises. I saw the 30 FPS quite a bit I also noticed the frame counter lock displayed in the top leaf corned was intermittently changing from 30fps to unlimited. Apparently it does that as a last resort:-) Lowest I saw was about 16 fps.

That all represents quite a hefty performance boast. Over the years the I have tried a couple of FSPS performance boasters and I have to say I quite like the snake oil comment when I think of those. (No Offense FSPS I am sure they all did something) but this IMO opinion is the real McCoy. No question about it! Higher FPS, Smoother Sim. There is no placebo effect here.

The is a however though! I did notice the blurred ground textures are the price you pay! However I it so long since I looked at my fsx.cfg I am not sure I cannot to some degree counter that.

One other observation. I am in the lucky position of having a screen that supports a lot of refresh rates. (DON'T FORCE YOUR SCREEN TO AN UNSUPPORTED REFRESH RATE!!! YOU MIGHT BRAKE IT!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED). 1080p at 50hz is supported. So using the NI for 1/2 refresh rate and locking FSX top 25fps worked extremely well with FIber. It was definitely the Smoothest low altitude flyby of Drzewiecki Design NYCX I have ever seen on my system. it was Buttery.

It not going to get me back to FSX because for me the future is P3D. I personally cannot justify spending another penny on FSX but if I had to buy one more it would this and DX10 fixer. :LMAO:

Several times it has been said to not use the refeshrate in NVI.

You can use Forced on or off and see what's best for you.

If you use 1/2 refreshrate and have a monitor at 50 hz with your framerate locked at 25 then NVI will hold the max framerate to 25 , but when the scenery gets heavy and the framerate starts to drop then NVI will use 1/4 refreshrate and you max framerate will be 12.5 which probably will be 12.

Is you system capable of holding 30 set it to a higher value like 50 and use FSX FA for your lowest framerate.

Test your lowest framerate according to what the manuel says and add 3-5 fps . Use that as the lowest framerate in FSX FA.

Or set it according to what the performance bars show and perhaps ypu can squeeze a little more fps out of you system.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0