Sign in to follow this  
scandinavian13

300ER Beta Preview - SIA Livery Request

Flew into RJAA this afternoon to test a few things and the lighting ended up being kinda nice, so I snapped some shots of the SIA livery that someone asked for ages ago.

Also, in the interest of full disclosure, I'm really just taking shots of the 300ER to torture you all  :lol: (but only kinda...)

Cruise Sunrise:

2014-7-6_15-50-10-575.jpg

[HI-Res]

STAR Turn:

2014-7-6_16-7-27-701.jpg

[HI-Res]

The Subtle Sweep of Being Light:

2014-7-6_16-7-33-172.jpg

[HI-Res]

Finals:

2014-7-6_16-18-13-467.jpg

[HI-Res]

Next up?

RJAA-KIAD to go home, test its ability to stretch its legs, and end my following along with my dad's epic trip last month for work (KIAD-KSFO-YSSY-YBBN-YSCB-YMML-WMKK-WSSS-RJAA-KIAD).

ANA, in case anyone is interested.  Might get snappy if the lighting/conditions are right.

Is there a small rear door cargo option like the one here?

http://jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=7823813&nseq=2

Will do.  I think there will be more to come tonight.

Emirates ??  :wub:

Come on Kyle I know u busy too but please send us a video this is all we have until release! Please

C'mon Kyle.  Canada wants you to come visit FlyTampa CYUL in the AC77W

If someone wants to buy it for me...I don't really fly up there enough to justify buying scenery.

Come on Kyle I know u busy too but please send us a video this is all we have until release! Please

I'm still kinda confused here.  What do people want to see?  The 300ER is really just a giant 200LR...

Kyle Rodgers

That's the bulk cargo door.  It's on the 200LR, too.

I may be wrong, but I don't think that's what he meant. Singapore has decided, rather infamously, to equip their 777 fleet with a smaller cargo door behind the wing than normal. (Not the bulk cargo door, but the actual aft cargo door.) If you compare the photo posted with pictures of other 777s, you'll see the difference.

This is one of the reasons why it's so hard for Singapore to find new owners for the 777s they're letting go. Other airlines are not that interested in smaller cargo doors, they prefer the normal, standardised, door.

I may be wrong, but I don't think that's what he meant. Singapore has decided, rather infamously, to equip their 777 fleet with a smaller cargo door behind the wing than normal. (Not the bulk cargo door, but the actual aft cargo door.) If you compare the photo posted with pictures of other 777s, you'll see the difference.

This is one of the reasons why it's so hard for Singapore to find new owners for the 777s they're letting go. Other airlines are not that interested in smaller cargo doors, they prefer the normal, standardised, door.

I'm hoping there was some sort of logic that I just can't see that went into that decision, because, on its surface, that just sounds like a terrible idea.

Kyle Rodgers

I can't seem to remember why they opted for the smaller cargo door, but I remember there was a somewhat good reason for it. Cost cutting, probably.

Of course, since pretty much their entire fleet is equipped like that, it won't bother them too much, but the resale value plummets thanks to this, and other factors. (Heavy checks coming up, high cycles, high hours,...)

Isn't SIA using a crew rest there?

I thought they were one of the few that equipped with a crew rest module unther the cabin.

I'm still kinda confused here.  What do people want to see?  The 300ER is really just a giant 200LR...

Haha, that is one h*ll of a sales talk :-)

PS, I would also like a few more 300ER previews! Still thinking that PMDG really should promote this bird more.

but the resale value plummets thanks to this

Like buying a luxury wagon...lol (at least here in the States, the resale on most wagon versions is terrible - purpose-built wagons are a different story)

So pretty...totes want one:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_E-Class#mediaviewer/File:1997_Mercedes-Benz_E_240_(S210)_Elegance_station_wagon_(2011-03-10).jpg

Haha, that is one h*ll of a sales talk :-)
PS, I would also like a few more 300ER previews! Still thinking that PMDG really should promote this bird more.

haha - this is why I'm not in sales...

It's a serious question, though:

What do people want to see?  I'll do it if people tell me what they want.  Otherwise, I don't really see the point.  The screenshots show that it's a longer plane.  That's pretty much it.

Kyle Rodgers

What do people want to see?  I'll do it if people tell me what they want.  Otherwise, I don't really see the point.  The screenshots show that it's a longer plane.  That's pretty much it.

I get your point.

Maybe some people like to view some liveries that were not yet availible on the 200LR (or realistic), I don't know!

I will view it in all its glory on release day though :-).

It's a serious question, though:

for killing time kyle. since first half of july is coming nearer. Rather than a release date (if it is ready Im sure rob will give the date) I would like to see an update from PMDG as time frame is narrowing now.

Please tell us some info in Pics you are posting (like takeoff pitch to take care as it is long plane becoz first time when i started LR what i have done is tail strike for couple of times haha) and landing pitch and new trim FBW of this plane and taxing instructions (im sure you have said in LR we have to think that we as pilots are sitting on front wheel of airplane in the cockpit and so we should turn a little bit late than other planes ( I still remember).

I have typed plenty haha. bring them on previews just for fun and to kill time. :hi: