Hello! I was deciding between the Saitek yoke and rudder or the X55. Dont wanna get too indepth but is the X55 good for boeings like the NGX 737 and cessnas or would it make sense to get the 6 year old yoke? Will using an X55 feel weird and is it any good to set flaps as there isnt really a lever or anything like that?

You get what I mean, If i want to fly Boeings and Cessnas, whats better? x55 or saitek yoke and rudder and what are the cons of both of them (the x55 and yoke, besides the rudder) and ill just tell me whats better for me.

Please dont say its up to you, i dont want this to go too indepth, just looking for 1 or 2 straight forward answers :)

Thanks in advance.

Alright, is it responsive and no delay at all? Do you use them? Finally, random question and issue I have with FSX.....I never know what my curisng altitude should be...Like from Newyork to Philly, How much do you think it should be in a NGX 737?

There's a bit of a sticky indent at the centre point but it doesn't interfere. Regarding your second question it's really up to you, I'm not aware of any real world 737 flights that fly such a short route though.

Before I had my yoke I used the X-52 for every aircraft, but once I started flying with a yoke, I had the idea my aicrafts where much more stable and it felt more like flying 'the real thing'. Now I use my yoke for aicrafts like Cessna or Boeing and I get out my x-52 when I want to fly a fighter or anything that flies with comparable controls, for the sake of realism.

I wouldnt worry about flaps and such, both the yoke and the x55 have plenty of extra switches you can program for controls of your choice. If it turns out you dont have enough switches to control everything you want, you could always add a panel later on. When I started I thought to get the x-52 and that it would be plenty for everything I would like to do, but over time I added several componants and by now I got quite a set of controls.

In my opinion, if Cessnas and Boeings, aicrafts that use a yoke, are you main focus, I would go for the yoke. If you're main focus would be fighters or helicopters, or anything that flies with a stick, I would go for the x-55.

About the altitude for the Boeing. When looking at the real world, Boeings are used for longer flights and useally fly at conciderable altitude. But in a simulator the whole world is yours, so you can do as you please. I normaly fly my Boeing at FL250 plus, but when I feel like it, I might as well fly around 10k feet.

Cheers!

Maarten

I get them both. Personaly I use my X52 pro the most. Im not to happy with my Saitek yoke and plan on trying the CH one next time. If the plane has a stick I use a stick if a yoke then a yoke. If it was me and I had to make a choice I go for the X52 pro.  Josh

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /