Sign in to follow this  
SQUAWKIDENT

Dreamfleet Bonanza A36 Opinions please (from owners)

When you get your A36 purchased, could some of you let us know how the performance is on your rigs as compared with other dreamfleet GA a/c? After being burned on one of my last addon purchases (not Dreamfleet or FSD) I am going to wait to see what everyone else thinks of this one first in terms of performance/impact. So, what do you think so far?thanks!:D

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Well I'm a beta tester of this awesome add-on and I'll tell you performance is comparable to any of the current crop of FSD and/or Dreamfleet products if not better in most cases. If you still find problems the A36, it's fully adjustable (you can choose not to have window textures, no VC cabin, etc.). We worked our tales off to insure framerates would not be a factor for you guys... I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at the performance and features this package has, it's the best GA add-on yet released for FS2k4 (RealityXP gauges free of charge included with the add-on, etc.)...Have fun.... :-cool

In one word this package is -spectacular. Attention to detail is great, avionics wonderful, and as usual for Dreamfleet products everything is to the highest standards.I have 500+ hours in a B33 and I always judge flight models as much on "feel" as numbers. So far the aircraft seems extremely familiar-especially the cockpit view with cowling which is usually missing on fs aircraft. With a product this detailed it will take many, many, hours to discover everything about it which is half the fun. I am delighted-thanks for doing her! Makes the sale of my B33 a month ago more livable!Now how about a B55 Baron?-there is still not a single one in the flight sim world-a nitch sorely needed (especially selfishly by me now)!http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpg

And Geof's comment is coming from someone whose MSFS Debonair is still a classic in the hobby.And what! You sold the B33? I hope for something better!-John

Nice aircraft. Great FD. Framerates are a bit low though (35 max in 2D/VC on my new computer...I normally get at least 50fps with all others including PMDG etc)3.2GHz P4 PrescottASUS MotherboardASUS x800 256MB Radeon Graphics2GB RAMInterested to hear what others think as wellRegardsAlan

Has anyone heard of any installation problems with this package?I was reading on another forum where someone had some dll errors and it failed to install. I was just wondering. I`m still at work and haven't' had a chance to install.Wiskey Tango

I became a partner in a B55 Baron last spring so-yes-better-though I'll forever miss my 11 year relationship/adventures with the Deb-along with its' fun handling and performance (and half the fuel burn....grrr...).Thanks for the nice comments on the MSFS Deb-I feel very lucky to be able to always remember her with the sim-still another use of msfs-memories!http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpg

Lou,I sent you an email, if you could take a look at it, it should be in your suspect folder.Thanks,Joe

Hi Geof,Long time. Hope everything is well.If you make it to the Avsim Conference in San Diego, I'm up at F70 in Temecula, I'll be happy to buy you lunch, we have an excellant Cafe on the Airport, I could even arrange a ride for you down to the conference, if you fly out.As I plan to drive down, not sure if I'll be getting a room, as I'm about 45 minutes North of the site.I also still fly your Deb, so rest assured she won't be forgotten in FS. :-)Regards,Joe****************Grab My FREEWARE Voice recognition Profiles here:[a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004misc&DLID=58334]Cessna 172 Voice Profile[/a][a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004misc&DLID=60740]FSD Avanti Voice Profile[/a].You will need the main FREEWARE Flight Assistant program to use it, get it here:[a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=genutils&DLID=39661]Flight Assistant 2.2[/a]

OK, I've heard two opinions about framerate (which is what we all care about). One said that his framerates were lower than PMDG's. That seems like a bad sign to me. Can anyone else confirm this. I'm still at work so I can't buy it right now, but I really want to get it after 5CST today-but not if my 2.53Ghz 1GB DDR 128MB videocard dinosaur can't handle it with acceptable (for me 30 in 2d minimum) frames. And many thanks to those kind enough to tell me about your experiences so far. Please keep them coming.best!

I have the same setup so I am interested too. If the FPS is that bad i won't be buying it. I have coranado's that I enjoy so I might just stick with those.

You were right. I was in the Chicago Area, near KJOT, then moved here in June of 2003.Absolutely love it. The visibility, the scenery, the outdoors, is awesome.Nothing like watching the kids play baseball in February and March being in shorts, and suntan lotion.I'm about 1300ft elevation where I live, and we take the kids to go skiing up at Big Bear, and with all the storms we've had, there is quite a bit of snow up there still.Let me know next time you are out here.Weather right now is CAVU, about 81 degrees F. :-)Ramona isn't that far, just a bit South east of me by about 33nm from F70. My kids had some football games there in the fall, nice drive on winding roads from where I live, which i like. :-)Regards,Joe****************Grab My FREEWARE Voice recognition Profiles here:[a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004misc&DLID=58334]Cessna 172 Voice Profile[/a][a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004misc&DLID=60740]FSD Avanti Voice Profile[/a].You will need the main FREEWARE Flight Assistant program to use it, get it here:[a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=genutils&DLID=39661]Flight Assistant 2.2[/a]

2d cockpit just fine on my system, VC noticeable fps impact.For that, the VC is very nice!!Great RXP gauges and lovely handling make it all a great buy!P4 2.8, Ti4200-128 video.

>I became a partner in a B55 Baron last spring>so-yes-better-though I'll forever miss my 11 year>relationship/adventures with the Deb-along with its' fun>handling and performance (and half the fuel burn....grrr...).>>Thanks for the nice comments on the MSFS Deb-I feel very lucky>to be able to always remember her with the sim-still another>use of msfs-memories!Geof I have some 50 hrs in a Baron 55 and it has to be one if not my favourite twin.Superb handling, trailing link U/C fantastic economy/speed and most of all "bags of character".the Baron 55 felt like flying your own mini mosquito and I loved it.No more worries flying over fog banks or at night or over water. With those two engines purring away you will be riding the heavens :-)Peter

I have flown a few trips in a nice 2001 Baron 58. Great aircraft. I only wish I could afford to fill the tanks let alone purchase one!

It is a great machine for sure. The second engine does come in handy living in the "great lake state" of michigan. I used to go out of my way to avoid the lakes on my routes-what a time saver to go direct everywhere right across the ponds.I have already 80 hours in it thanks to a 2 cross US trip in both cardinal directions. It is amazing to be able to beat the commercial airliners time wise for 85% of my trips now. Of course with the price of fuel lately I can't beat the commercial prices unfortunately...http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpg

Lots of OT in this topic...A36 Bonanza has just landed after first flight. I can tell you it's better fps than the PMDG's. I have both PMDG 736-739 and LDS767 and A36 has higher fps with everything on. Besides the good fps it's a great creation from Dreamfleet. I'm not a pilot, but I do appriciate all the extras, like Reality's Weather Radar and the smart solutions in cockpit. I have to agree, it's the best GA addon so far.Regards,Jan B.

>I have 500+ hours in a B33 and I always judge flight models as>much on "feel" as numbers. So far the aircraft seems extremely>familiar-especially the cockpit view with cowling which is>usually missing on fs aircraft. >Geof,I kind of used your Debonair as an example in my latest MSFS versus X-Plane debate in Avsim's X-Plane forum under "Question from a total newbie". You could always read the thread and see what you think. :)Perhaps the Debonair and DF Bonanza could serve as examples....L.Adamson

Only a couple circuits so far...just fired it up without RTFM and off I went. VERY, VERY impressive machine...which is SOP for Dreamworks.It's hard for me to give an opinion of fps because I recently got a SCREAMING rig with fps in the 50s-60s most of the time so I capped them at 30 for whatever benefits that might create.My old machine was a 1.7/512 with a 128 card and the FANTISTIC Dreamworks 310 was not flyable...well if flew but on the edge of a slide show in any kind of scenery density so I retired it to the back of my hangar pending a new machine. If flies GREAT on my new rig.But back to the A36...I get 25-28 (locked and unlocked) in the 2D and smooth as glass performance. In the VC, I got down into the teens on final at Seatac with few clouds, medium traffic and got a few jitters.My GUESS is that, at least with the VC, the ship would be a challange for any rig less than 2.5+ and with less than a 256 card.Visually, inside and out, it is state-of-the-art and the Reality XP inclusion makes the price a steal.From a flight model standpoint, while I have no time in the A36, I have a bunch of time in other high performance singles...both high and low wing and it seems to fly spot on in relation to my experience.As I have commented on in other threads though, and while the issue is almost certainly due to the limitations of FS9, very few aircraft model ground effect AT ALL and the best of the lot only hint around at it.The A36 seems no better...or worse...than the other high quality add-ons. What I mean by that is in most cases, sim aircraft can be DRIVEN onto the runway...nose down...15-20 kts too fast (say 85kts instead of 65kts) and still produce a no bounce, chirp and stick landing.As the rest of the RW pilots know, landing airplanes is just NOT that easy. An approach like the one described above would produce some combination (depending on pilot control inputs) of significant float, MAJOR bounce(s) and a trip to the maintenance hangar.The best of the breed machines...like the RealAir Spitfire...will at least bounce but MOST models that I have flown don't even do that. NOT ALL...because I have not flown them all. I am speaking only from my own experience.The A36, flown to touchdown as described above modeled ground effect to the extent that my stabilized 400 fpm approach to touchdown moderated WITHOUT ANY CONTROL INPUTS FROM ME to less than 100 fpm and then...chirp. So at least some modeling of the ground cushion was present. But on another approach, when under the same conditions, I flared out, what should have happened would have been a MAJOR balloon upward requiring a second attempt to land in a proper attitude/airspeed configuration or a go around. But there was not such balloon.Just so there is no misunderstanding, I say again that I assume the above is essentially due to the limitations of the FS9 software and not a "fault" of developers, like those at Dreamfleet, who know how to fly RW airplanes as well as me if not 3 times better...and B)I have yet to find and add-on that even relatively closely compares to actual landing dynamics.Since landing is a rather fundamental issue in flying airplanes, hopefully the state-of-the-art will improve over time because as far as flight models go, the landing dynamics are the most glaring weakness in PC sim flight.And just one more thought...please note that IF the landing is properly set up and flown, the flight model is nearly exactly correct. But, if the approach IS NOT flown correctly, the landing turns out fine anyway...that is my issue.But compared to what is available vs. what we might WISH was available, the Dreamfleet A36 is a great machine and right up there with the very best on the market.All just IMHO.Regards,Jim