Sign in to follow this  
ajpongress

For those with VAS/OOM issues

The TrafficProxy smoothing for networked situations is epic. Looks SO much better!
Please elaborate - I still have choppy traffic at this point. Cheers.

With reduced VAS usage, are you able to exit from the FSX main menu without crashing FSX?

I had this problem as well, reported it to PMDG, but they were aware of it already.

At that point they did not know what caused it (dont know if they can fix it as it could be an FSX problem).

After I installed FSUIPC I never had that problem again!

I have the registered version, but I think the free version should do the trick as well.

Do you have FSUIPC installed?

Rob Robson

Do you have FSUIPC installed?

The first install I had FSUIPC installed which I subsequently removed, but the problem persisted.  Then I re-installed FSX and PMDG a second time with a new computer, and the problem is still with me.

Harry Sung

Please elaborate - I still have choppy traffic at this point. Cheers.

Traffic Proxy is a program that should be run when using a networked config.  Install vPilot on BOTH machines.  When ready to fly, start Traffic Proxy on the FSX computer.  Start FSX (order doesn't matter, but my comp freaks out when I try to start programs after FSX sometimes).  Start vPilot on the other computer.  You should now have smoother traffic in your sim.

Kyle Rodgers

Traffic Proxy is a program that should be run when using a networked config.  Install vPilot on BOTH machines.  When ready to fly, start Traffic Proxy on the FSX computer.  Start FSX (order doesn't matter, but my comp freaks out when I try to start programs after FSX sometimes).  Start vPilot on the other computer.  You should now have smoother traffic in your sim.

Thanks Kyle, will try that later. I am pretty sure I read the Vpilot documentation and they just said it would be "fixed" in a later version, and so thought nothing of it.

Cheers for the help.

The first install I had FSUIPC installed which I subsequently removed, but the problem persisted.  Then I re-installed FSX and PMDG a second time with a new computer, and the problem is still with me.

But without FSUIPC now, correct?

I would at least give FSUIPC a chance.......it is known for preventing some FSX crashes.

Another solution (PMDG offered that to me and it worked also) is by not exiting FSX from the menu. Instead, just close FSX directly from the flight (so without escaping back to the FSX main menu first).

If it does not help then you need to start getting rid of addons untill the problem stops.

And if you do a reinstall, I recommend a format of your harddisc and a new Win7 and FSX install.....otherwise you can never be sure the problem remains inside windows or not.

Just uninstalling FSX for example does not get rid of all FSX files and registry entries. And thus you have a good chance of the problem still being there (in the undeleted items) when you reinstall FSX.

Same with the PMDG777,....if you uninstall it, some things stay in your OS. Like yourPMDG777 key for example. Which is nice....so you can just reinstall the PMDG again without the requirement of getting a new key......but it is also not nice if you had problems, as it prooves that not everything is deleted by a simple uninstall - reinstall!

Oh....if you do reinstall Windows...then first release your PMDG777 key via the FMC menu!

This way you can use it a second time on your new Win7 installation.

Rob Robson

But without FSUIPC now, correct?

Yes

I would at least give FSUIPC a chance

I shall install SP1 and test if this problem is resolved.

Oh....if you do reinstall Windows...then first release your PMDG777 key via the FMC menu!
This way you can use it a second time on your new Win7 installation.

Yes, I did all the above b/c I re-installed Win 7 64-bit on an SSD drive, hence all the FSX and PMDG registry settings were wiped.

Instead, just close FSX directly from the flight (so without escaping back to the FSX main menu first).

Yep, this is my only workaround for now.

Harry Sung

After installing SP1, I'm able to exit from the FSX main menu gracefully :)

Now, I just need to find the thread that explained how to assign some panel views to the F9 & F10 keys ...

Harry Sung

As for OOMs, 4096 textures do make a difference, right?

What if I just reduce to 2048 within FSX.CFG and not change/downsize the textures at all, does it reduce the issue or makes no difference at all?

Thanks!

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

I have found that if you start up the taxi camera you will add 600 or more MB of memory to the VAS and it has lead to OOM's, especially when flying with an addon airport scenery.  No camera, no OOM.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I'm getting VAS warning dings without the taxi cam, without detailed scenery and without high sliders. Crazy!

Never had em before ever.

I believe SP1 has increased VAS rather than decreased its usage.  I wonder if the beta testers encountered some of the problems we encountered?

Has anyone tried using the optional 22 KHz sound package to test if it solves your problems?

Harry Sung

I am also getting very low VAS where as i did not before, i am not even game to use taxi cams. My ngx is so much better with VAS.

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART