Sign in to follow this  
ohsirus

Nerd3 Plays Xplane10

Like you, I also think that it is a big mistake, if companies decide to build and sell additional products, they should only do ONE thing and NOTHING else – right?

LR just doesn't have the resources to diversify, otherwise I would agree with you.  You are talking about 3-5 people and I've only heard from Ben S. blog at LR recently in terms of actual product coding for XP10.

I don't race Porsche's, I race Lotus so no idea about that reference ... I do know my Lotus is competitive (lap time wise) against ALMS spec GT3 Racing Porsche ($500,000 not the cheap street version).  But race spec ALMS Porsche GT3s are proven tools that get the job done, so they get my respect on the race track.

Congrats of your first "real" flight.

Cheers, Rob.

The problem is xp is still years behind stock FSX graphics. Its autogen makes no sense, no seasons,grainy textures ect. I know people will say that FSX only looks good because of Addons, true but FSX is almost 10 years old and even when no addons are used FSX still looks better in some places than XP which is still being developed so comparing them is irrelevant.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Where the hell are the moderators in this forum? I'm probably not the only one tired of seeing half the threads, regardless of their topic, devolve into some useless argument about X-Plane's development or FSX's superiority.

As for Nerd3, he's got a ton of videos in which he plays (or attempts to play) various simulators, from DCS to Farming Simulator. Here are some of his other silly flight-related videos.

He's also got one for "the other simulator," but I'll not be posting it here for obvious reasons.

Although not a flight simulator, his OMSI 2 video is very silly indeed and definitely worth a watch.

The problem is xp is still years behind stock FSX graphics. Its autogen makes no sense, no seasons,grainy textures ect. I know people will say that FSX only looks good because of Addons, true but FSX is almost 10 years old and even when no addons are used FSX still looks better in some places than XP which is still being developed so comparing them is irrelevant.Must 

Must Resist.

Must Resist.

I'm not saying XP is bad just stating that it has its limitations just FSX has its limitations too, FPS issues,poor coding,OOM's just to name a few.The fact remains that In 8 years MS went from FS98 to FSX in the 8 years since FSX was released XP has improved but not on that kinda scale.

I don't know why people get upset when the true facts about Xp's limitations are stated and then compare it to a 8 year old piece of software and say "it does some things better than FSX" this is a very true fact XP has some great features like the best night lighting ever! But after 8 years it should be doing everything better!

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

I'm not saying XP is bad just stating that it has its limitations just FSX has its limitations too, FPS issues,poor coding,OOM's just to name a few.The fact remains that In 8 years MS went from FS98 to FSX in the 8 years since FSX was released XP has improved but not on that kinda scale.

I don't know why people get upset when the true facts about Xp's limitations are stated and then compare it to a 8 year old piece of software and say "it does some things better than FSX" this is a very true fact XP has some great features like the best night lighting ever! But after 8 years it should be doing everything better!

This is a thread about some guy's silly X-Plane video. Take it somewhere else.

This is a thread about some guy's silly X-Plane video. Take it somewhere else.

Yes and in his review he stated everything I did and this just proves my point people get upset when someone says something about xp. But I'll leave because apparently I've hit a short spot with xp users.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Guys, please keep this discussion about the video and not turn this thread into a X-Plane vs FSX debate, which always ends up getting heated and closed.

Surely that must be a gross modeling error. I honestly know nothing at all about X-Plane modeling, but for all FSX/P3D modeling, the absolute limits of animations are "set in stone' via the animation tracks created in Max, GMax or FSDS.

One does wonder how they could release a game with such a serious error. Obviously they programmed all their a/c with the aerodynamic forces of birds! Aaaah, now I understand. Americans refer to aircraft as birds and the programmers took it literally!!

I simaltaneously spit coke out my nose and nearly pee'd in my pants watching this Let's Play video.  I have jumped on the X-Plane 10 band wagon since it went on Steam and I've been scouring the universe looking for info and getting the best XP performance on my rig.  This was a refreshing break from the insanity of tweaking.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

He's also got one for "the other simulator," but I'll not be posting it here for obvious reasons.

I already posted it quite a while ago in Hanger Chat  ^_^

But now even I can't find that post.  :lol:

The Aerofly one is already in the Aerofly forum. Also from ages ago (Dinosaurs saw it)

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

some of nerd3's videos are a laugh. None of them are really serious. In his FSX video he tries to land a 747 at London City. He's intelligent enough though to do it properly if he took the time to learn and would understand that it's not just a game.

See his videos of OMSI and the London Underground.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PKgYV_W_SA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN2BhDl5HRY

His one in DCS is funny. 35 minutes long and 30 of those are just flicking switches on/off until something happens. Once he finally gets it spooled up he moves forward about 30 metres and snaps the front gear off on the grass. Then the video ends.