Sign in to follow this  
cubs

Fatal Error After Exiting Fsx With Pmdg 777 Sp1

FYI

I just exit FSX, not first End Flight and then Exit.

If I am in window mode I just press the X in the right upper corner.

In the past I did first exit flight and then exit FSX and had crashes.

/Per W

Per W Sweden

For what it is worth....I went back through my install log.

It seems my see through engines (777 spinning in preview pane) and CTD on exit were gone after

- Installing a different GPU driver (EVGA 332.21)

- installing FSUIPC4 v4.931

Rob Robson

@pcubine

Michael,

Did you ever find a solution for this?   Same thing happens to mine.   FSX sits in the lower right portion of the screen and will not respond.  The only way to exit is to use task manager.

Michael Sill

Did you ever find a solution for this?
I usually wait about a minute between pressing the Esc key and clicking on End Flight. That seems to work for me.  About an hour ago I was messing around with a 777 test and did those two steps in rapid succession. Right to the lower right of the screen. Had to end FSX with Task Manager.

Same problem here, only after SP1.  Happens with and without ASN active.  Just loaded the aircraft at EDDP, programmed the FMC for a route for another day when I have time, exited and crashed.

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
  Application Name: fsx.exe
  Application Version: 10.0.61637.0
  Application Timestamp: 46fadb14
  Fault Module Name: kernel32.dll
  Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.18409
  Fault Module Timestamp: 53159a85
  Exception Code: c0000005
  Exception Offset: 00011359
  OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Locale ID: 2057

Mine is this.

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: BEX
  Fault Module Name: StackHash_0a9e
  Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
  Exception Offset: 04246c81
  Exception Data: 00000008
  OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
  Locale ID: 2057
  Additional Information 1: 0a9e
  Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3: 0a9e
  Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Before I had success by opening up FSinn UI and disabling the 'radio' and that worked until I reinstalled FSX and now it doesen't.   I'm wondering if its a Windows update that's causing it.

Dave Taylor gb.png

There is a downside to the CRASH when shutting down:  Your pilot log doesn't get updated for that flight.  I flew every day for a week and had 3 shut down fatal crashes and the pilot log has those 3 days as gaps.  To avoid it, I now hit END FLIGHT, wait then shut down, then shut down ASN.  If it crashes, at least my log gets updated.

Paul Gugliotta

There is a downside to the CRASH when shutting down:  Your pilot log doesn't get updated for that flight.  I flew every day for a week and had 3 shut down fatal crashes and the pilot log has those 3 days as gaps.  To avoid it, I now hit END FLIGHT, wait then shut down, then shut down ASN.  If it crashes, at least my log gets updated.

This is one reason why I created a logbook editor, the other being the desire to combine two records into one flight when I save/load to cut down on VAS use.  Look for LogEdit in the AVSIM library, try search on Dan Downs then sort by date, it will be near the top.

Dan Downs KCRP

This is one reason why I created a logbook editor, the other being the desire to combine two records into one flight when I save/load to cut down on VAS use.  Look for LogEdit in the AVSIM library, try search on Dan Downs then sort by date, it will be near the top.

Dan

Consider this. If FSX crashes when exiting a 777F flight, the flight is not recorded in the FSX logbook. So there is no record of day, night, or instrument time. The only thing to do is record the elapsed time on the clock in the 777F prior to ending the flight  and guess at the rest. Would this be the same with the LogEdit or does it record day, night, etc prior to the crash.

Dan

Consider this. If FSX crashes when exiting a 777F flight, the flight is not recorded in the FSX logbook. So there is no record of day, night, or instrument time. The only thing to do is record the elapsed time on the clock in the 777F prior to ending the flight  and guess at the rest. Would this be the same with the LogEdit or does it record day, night, etc prior to the crash.

LogEdit only manipulates the logbook file so if the flight was not automatically recorded then you have to do it manually (as in RW). Note, however, that FSX and P3D will record the flight in the logbook file on engine shut down.  Almost all my sessions are gate to gate so the flight is entered regardless of how graceful the exit is.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hey guys, I just started having this issue in the last week. The only add-on added since the PMDG was AS La Palma FSX. I get this fatal error after ending the flight, and closing FSX down from the main menu with the 777 showing as the active aircraft. Here is the details:

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
  Fault Module Name: PMDG_777X_2.dll
  Fault Module Version: 11.9.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp: 4c1b5e4f
  Exception Offset: 00002369
  OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.256.1
  Locale ID: 1033
  Additional Information 1: fd00
  Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
  Additional Information 3: fd00
  Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

This never happens during flights, and I have had some pretty long ones for FedEx this month (20h+).  I also use ASN, but have shut down ASN before and after FSX and still get the error. According to the OPS Center I have the latest version 1.10.6492. Any suggestions or what other info do you need me to provide?

I too have this problem. FSX crashes when exiting. The module at fault is gdiplus.dll.

I can get this problem to recur if my route has a VOR identifier that is used by more than one station. For example, I prepared a flight from KATL-KJFK. For simplicity, if I put in RBV, there are two stations. After selecting one, and activating the route, FSX will crash on exit. If I don’t use an identifier that has more than one station, FSX exits normally. In the above example, if I use VXV instead, FSX is fine.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Thanks.

Christian Chapman

Hey guys, I just started having this issue in the last week.

I too have this problem. FSX crashes when exiting.

What I am doing now is according to post #70 of this thread. When the engines are shut down the flight is recorded in the Logbook. You can land, stop on the runway, shut the engines down, press Esc, and click on end flight and have a CTD however the flight is still in the Logbook. As long as a record of the flight is in the Logbook I don't care how I exit the flight.

I have done the engine shutdown on the last 14 flights and had only one CTD on exit but all 14 flights were recorded in the Logbook. Maybe this will help. According to Paul Golinick at PMDG support this problem is not going to be solved in FSX. Maybe in FSX-SE if Dovetail changes some code. Obviously, the code is not going to be changed in FSX.