Sign in to follow this  
cubs

Fatal Error After Exiting Fsx With Pmdg 777 Sp1

I have the boxed version and it CTD on exiting since I've had it 2 weeks now. The latest reply from the help desk is to try disabling any scenery add-ons which I am yet to try,

I will put up with it as its after the flight is completed when it happens. Only with the 777 200LR Don't have the 300 yet. I get different fault module readings as well each time. panels dll, acontain dll, g3d dll and a few unknowns. Have unregistered FSUIPC. Windows 7 64bit

Ray B

The only time I get this error is when I shut down FSX too fast.  When I am ready to shut down, I close all open windows slowly, make sure I am not in replay mode. I let FSX settle down and am not moving.   Then proceed SLOWLY on each step to shut down, pausing a few seconds on each shut down step. 

I get 100% success.  If I start shutting down fsx too fast I will get that dreaded error about 25% of the time.

Paul Gugliotta

I have to close down OPUS FSX before I close FSX otherwise FSX crashes on exit.

But I must say that I had the FSX crash on exit problem as well with my previous build.

After a while the whole FSX install just went downhill and I decided to reinstall all from scratch (including Windows).

Since then I have had no more problems (knock on wood) except when I dont close OPUS before FSX.

(but that one makes sence to me....FSX not being able to close when a utility keeps trying to cummunicate with it via simconnect).

Rob Robson

I close all open windows slowly
How do you close a window slowly? It's either on the screen or it's gone, There is no fade option. I understand what you are writing and I use the method you have outlined. I probably got it from a post you made since the T7 was released. But close a window slowly?

When I had this problem it was not really a CTD. Escape worked fine. When I clicked on End Flight, FSX went to the lower right of the screen and the only way to get out of FSX was to use that Task Manager to terminate it.

Thanks for the information.

I was about to reinstall everything again, but this error on exit and other instability doesn't get fixed by that apparently? I will wait for PMDG. I submitted a ticket and they have been helpful in pointing out problems with my computer that might do it, but it must be something with their airplane. I do not get this with any other.

but it must be something with their airplane. I do not get this with any other.
If it was the T7 this Forum would be full of posts about CTD on exit. Just on like mine there is some unfavorable interaction between the T7 and the hardware/software on your system. If you can let us know if PMDG comes up with a solution.

Thank you

Michael P Cubine

Guys,

All of these crash reports pasted here are blaming core Windows or FSX dlls for the crash - kernel32.dll, ntdll.dll, g3d.dll etc. We do not call or otherwise interact with these files at all in our code - if the 777 were crashing, you'd see PMDG_777X.dll. Something's likely causing your systems to be unstable somehow under certain circumstances rather than it being something directly related to the 777.

Steps I would take to troubleshoot, in order:

1. Temporarily remove all overclocking you might have enabled to eliminate possible instability.

2. Make sure all Windows updates are installed and all drivers are up to date.

3. Remove anything that is interacting with the sim's exe or graphics processes - ENB, SweetFX, Shade etc all do this and can cause instability.

4. Temporarily disable or uninstall any security or antivirus type software that could be interfering and causing problems with these dlls.

5. Test your RAM with a tool like Memtest 86+ on a USB stick.

6. Clean reinstall FSX according to the guide on our site.

7. Format and clean install Windows (absolute last resort if nothing else works)

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Ok so I did the following steps and now I don't CTD on exit:

Make sure PROMPT_ON_EXIT in FSX.cfg is set to 1.

End the flight using Esc - End flight and then exit from the free flight page

(Optional, doesn't make a difference most of the time) Close ASN before closing FSX.

Here is what I mean by closing FSX down slowly.  I have the FMC window opened, the overhead panel, ASN also.

Once I am ready to exit FSX, I can exit quickly by hitting Flight > Exit > Yes in one second OR what works for me is

Closing down the FMC, wait 3 secs, close down overhead panel, wait 3 secs, close down ASN, wait 3 secs go to Flight, wait 3 secs, click on exit and wait a few secs then exit.

That is what I meant be closing down slowly.  If I start closing everything like a mad man, I get the fatal error crash.  If I am patient as above, I never get a crash.

So this works for me - I am not sure if others find the same results.

Paul Gugliotta

Here is what I mean by closing FSX down slowly.  I have the FMC window opened, the overhead panel, ASN also.

Once I am ready to exit FSX, I can exit quickly by hitting Flight > Exit > Yes in one second OR what works for me is

Closing down the FMC, wait 3 secs, close down overhead panel, wait 3 secs, close down ASN, wait 3 secs go to Flight, wait 3 secs, click on exit and wait a few secs then exit.

That is what I meant be closing down slowly.  If I start closing everything like a mad man, I get the fatal error crash.  If I am patient as above, I never get a crash.

So this works for me - I am not sure if others find the same results.

aaaah ok.....I though you meant you move your mouse slowly to the close box.

No just kidding ofcourse.

I do the same. I have 2Dpopups everywhere (CDU, PFD, ND, MCP,EICAS) and I close them first. Then I exit full screen mode. Once in Windowed mode I close OPUS FSX. then I hit ESC and exit.

No problems like that.

Rob Robson

I give up! Brand new install, Global and Vector, OpenLC, and a couple Aerosoft and fsdt sceneries... still dll crash on exit. This time kernel32.dll

with or without FSUIPC?

Rob Robson

I have it installed. I use asn too, but the support says it is not their program. pmdg says it is not their program. I give up.

I understand your frustration......I have been there.

But are you really giving up?..,...I will stop bothering you with replies then.

Like I mentioned before, since I reinstalled everything including Win7, things are good.

(Last thing on Ryans advice list.....but it did seem to work).

I still need FSUIPC to prevent one type of crash on exit.

Also, I just upgraded from OpusFSX to OpusFSI and it seems it does not need to be shut down before FSX.....still testing though.

Rob Robson

I understand your frustration......I have been there.

But are you really giving up?..,...I will stop bothering you with replies then.

Like I mentioned before, since I reinstalled everything including Win7, things are good.

(Last thing on Ryans advice list.....but it did seem to work).

I still need FSUIPC to prevent one type of crash on exit.

Also, I just upgraded from OpusFSX to OpusFSI and it seems it does not need to be shut down before FSX.....still testing though.

I formatted and started over last weekend. Still crashes on exit. That is why I have given up. Nobody can help, each developer says the problem isn't from their addon. Personally I see PMDG as the fault since no other addon gives me this type of crash on exit. And it only happens at certain times on exit. Usually at the end of the flight when I am sitting at my arrival gate.