Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

07AUG14 - PMDG 777 SP1b release timetable

Great news! Hopefully the performance will increase with my GTX 780ti in SLI

Great news! Hopefully the performance will increase with my GTX 780ti in SLI

SLI doesn't have any effect.... this is FSX and you need powerful cpu...

Can't you make the update available via PMDG's Operation Center?  Just wondering.

\Robert Hamlich/

Can't you make the update available via PMDG's Operation Center?  Just wondering.

This will be possible with OC 1.7 or 2.0 (afaik)

Philipp Schwaegerl

SLI doesn't have any effect.... this is FSX and you need powerful cpu...

It does "to a degree" with higher resolutions, AA etc.

It does "to a degree" with higher resolutions, AA etc.

Well yes, but the best "engine" for FSX is CPU.

Tom.

PMDG first of all Thanks for all the effort to bring another  great plane in the world of FSX . We all know that PMDG"s products are top of the bill for a long time already. However I am a little bit confused about

the problems you guys face right now with the B777-200/300. I just read in your announcement that you will release a SP1b this coming weekend , however installing this SP1 will NOT deal with the problems

like freezing cockpits .....etc. but  will give us a more stable product. Has this SP1 given you guys more problems than you asked for? I got the impression that you are still puzzled and you don't have the answers right

now. Okay that will take some time we all understand and you should take that time to solve this. But I still don't understand why to release SP1b if it doesn't take care of the problems we're dealing with......

In the meantime I wish you guys wisdom to solve the different items we are now facing. John Folkeringa.

The team has solved some problems like the trim issue. In my case that´s the only issue i have.

So you´ll understand that this patch is abslotuley justifed for me,

Don´t get me wrong , Johnfol,  but i hope the developers don´t take into account your advice, and will release the patch , tonight.

Best.

Miquel Egea.

Deleted

Edited by SuperG

But I still don't understand why to release SP1b if it doesn't take care of the problems we're dealing with......

Not quite right John, it does take care of the problems we're dealing with, perhaps not you, but others...

Captains-

As mentioned in my previous post, this SP1b update is primarily designed to improve stability on issues that we have been investigating and reporting to you as fixed.  (Cockpit freezes, control freezes and some optimizations and other minor tweaks...)

With this, SP1b update we are also going to refresh the 777-300ER to include some fixes that we have collected on that since it was released last month.  I will have more information on those and the update process for the 300ER at release time...

Well yes, but the best "engine" for FSX is CPU.

Tom.

Absolutely, but that wasn't what you said, you said...

"SLI doesn't have any effect.... this is FSX and you need powerful cpu..."

It does have an effect, under certain circumstances.

But I still don't understand why to release SP1b if it doesn't take care of the problems we're dealing with......

It does fix many of the problems we are dealing with.

Your issue requires further investigation.

Would you rather deprive the rest of us our fix, because you haven't got yours?

I have sweat running off my &@($* right know

Why are you ill?

When you do have problems, it's always annoying hearing from people who tell that they have no issues at all lol! .... but we should be measured about how widespread any issues are, with any product.     I have had no issues with the PMDG 777 whatsoever, none of the reported freezes, display hangs, nothing.    It runs perfectly here.     However, if we look at the Majestic Q400, most people are absolutely fine with v1.010, but for me, the product became unusable, and even Majestic had to give in in the end, and provide me with a rolled back v1.009 installation.    

So moral of the story is, sometimes you're on the "lucky" side, and sometimes you ain't! :smile:

The troll ought not be fed.

just out of interest, how is he a troll, merely for expressing his excitement at the forthcoming SP1b release?