Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

07AUG14 - PMDG 777 SP1b release timetable

Captains-

This is a very short note to let you know that we are going to release the SP1b update to you on Friday, 08AUG14.  We anticipate the update becoming available for download during the afternoon, US EDT.

As mentioned in my previous post, this SP1b update is primarily designed to improve stability on issues that we have been investigating and reporting to you as fixed.  (Cockpit freezes, control freezes and some optimizations and other minor tweaks...)

This update will come to you in the form of a universal installer that is capable of updating either the original release version of the 777, or an installed SP1 version of the 777.

I will state this here and make it bold to make certain the point stands out:  There is no need to uninstall the 777 in order to update to SP1b, and any guidance along those lines is just wasting your time- so 99.9% of you will be able to simply download the SP1b update, run the executable file, and you will have a perfect copy of SP1b installed the next time you run FSX.

With this, SP1b update we are also going to refresh the 777-300ER to include some fixes that we have collected on that since it was released last month.  I will have more information on those and the update process for the 300ER at release time...

On the topic of "FSX pauses" and "airplane wanders at 8x and 16x" problems, this update is not expected to address those issues.  We are still researching and collecting data on those two items and we anticipate eventually pushing out an SP1c to address those issues as we find/kill them.  (I am prepping a major update dealing solely with those issues so that you have an idea where we are on that topic...)

Okay- I think that covers the salient details for now...

See you guys (and gals!) on Friday afternoon!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Very excellent. I can't wait. Thanks for the update!

Oh wait...meant to ask. Will the update correct the odd FBW/trim behavior?

Some companies charge $10 and say "no support, at your own risk" for 3D bezels in their planes.

And PMDG adds a full WX radar for free, and give incredible support on their products.

And yet, people complain that they charge too much.

Oh well.

Thank you Robert and the team - I don't have those issues but will update for the little fixes.

sig01.png

Great news, forgot to tell you guys thanks for some of the improvements in SP1, I now know you guys really do listen to your customers. I had raised a question pointing out the fact that the Oil quantity didnt fall when the engine was running, surprised to see today that it does now fall when the engine is running, and goes back up when the engine is off. Something very minor, but very much appreciated, thanks again!

Something very minor, but very much appreciated, thanks again!

Nothing is too minor for PMDG if they are made aware of the issue and can correct it.

This update will come to you in the form of a universal installer that is capable of updating either the original release version of the 777, or an installed SP1 version of the 777.

One question,

Does this mean that if I ever happen to reinstall the product, I just install basepack and then directly SP1B?

Thank you.

Rishab Kumar

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Very excellent. I can't wait. Thanks for the update!

Oh wait...meant to ask. Will the update correct the odd FBW/trim behavior?

Yeah - there was a silly bug that resulted in the problems people were talking about like the trim not having any effect until the controls were released when the reference speed was higher than actual airspeed, that's fixed and the trim is working as intended now in both directions.

One question,

Does this mean that if I ever happen to reinstall the product, I just install basepack and then directly SP1B?

Thank you.

Yes - our updates are always cumulative and contain the previous updates.

Great news, forgot to tell you guys thanks for some of the improvements in SP1, I now know you guys really do listen to your customers. I had raised a question pointing out the fact that the Oil quantity didnt fall when the engine was running, surprised to see today that it does now fall when the engine is running, and goes back up when the engine is off. Something very minor, but very much appreciated, thanks again!

I don't recall us actually changing anything with that actually. You sure it wasn't just some weird one-off thing you saw before?

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I really hope that you guys release a fix for the auto time compression bug too!

Anyway thanks for update! Great work .

Hi Ryan

Don't forget to include the SDK fix in the SP1b.

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3