Sign in to follow this  
charleslee201

Where is P3DV2.3 better than FSX Dx 10

I'm pretty sure the performance will be better, as the CPU will be used for the calculation of that complex aircraft, while the tesselation will push all graphic elements to the CPU. To my understand the Q400 runs WORLDS better on P3D, and it uses an external FDE.

Rob said he had OOM issues in FSX, not P3D.

Hm, I don't have the A2A so I will have to try something else, but my FPS with the default Bonanza with more than moderate settings, REX, Orbx PNW got me about 25-30. It took a bit of tweak the settings to figure out the right balance. I have a GTX680

You system isn't exactly like mine, but just stating it. I'm getting a Titan, so I will probably start posting some kind of real results after I get that and insert all my addons I just bought on it's own SSD.

yes I know he said he got oom with fsx. That's why I said I was surprised considering the VAS issue is still present in p3d. I don't really worry too much about VAS when flying smaller planes.

Orbx England is garbage on VAS and fps. I just downloaded the updates for the eu regions. Started up at eghi with the a2a c172. My VAS and fps was a mess and this was in fsx. Switch back to ftx global in ftx central and went back and my fps went right back up. I don't know what they did to that area but with ftx global and openlc eu I know longer need to use those regions.

I also have the Dash 8 and the performance is great in fsx. Like I said performance is good in p3d when the weather is clear. It's when there are clouds or bad weather that cuts the fps and bring it to its knees

VAS management is supposed to be significantly improved in P3D when compared to FSX in DX9 mode. I don't know how it compares to FSX in DX10 mode, but I will soon find out because I will be conducting some tests in high detail scenery areas (with high settings) over the next few weeks. I want to see just how well P3D v2.3 handles this.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

VAS management is supposed to be significantly improved in P3D when compared to FSX in DX9 mode. I don't know how it compares to FSX in DX10 mode, but I will soon find out because I will be conducting some tests in high detail scenery areas (with high settings) over the next few weeks. I want to see just how well P3D v2.3 handles this.

I dont think that it will ever be improved with the limitation of that 32bit address space. The .net framework has a garbage collector which can be explicitly ran to reclaim memory instead of waiting for the system to do it. If LM can program something like this when out a certain range then it might me possible. I was just talking to a coworker of mine about this. 

It is my understanding that this is the reason for the improved VAS management in P3D v2.3. It's common knowledge that FSX is crap at purging VAS of data that is no longer required.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

NGX will be fine in P3D - the T77 now thats may be a different story

Rich Sennett

That's why I said I was surprised considering the VAS issue is still present in p3d.

Like I said, no OOMs in P3D since v2.2 onwards and that's using A LOT of add-ons and complex aircraft and doing long flights ... there seems to be a rumor that I only fly GA (I know Word Not Allowed suggested that).  Not sure who started this rumor nor why ... but as always video is worth a thousand words ...

Cheers, Rob.

Dave I am not seeing waves like this mind telling me the scenario in which to see this - thank you

OK Richard. Its really a bit of a novelty until we get ships and Boats from the 3PD's LOL

Set Tessellation to Ultra. Fly out from the coast about 20km. Turn into the wind open the throttle up full.

Descend to about 200 feet. Check you ASI. Go to weather and set the wind to about the same as your

Air speed. Don't lose control when the weather loads. Descend to just above the water.

You will not be moving much relative to the surface. watch out for giant waves LOL

Should LM continue to improve water effects in their coming patches... Dear I say, I may just wet myself!! Awesome! The bar is indeed being raised with the level of effects this sim is capable of!

OK Richard. Its really a bit of a novelty until we get ships and Boats from the 3PD's LOL

Set Tessellation to Ultra. Fly out from the coast about 20km. Turn into the wind open the throttle up full.

Descend to about 200 feet. Check you ASI. Go to weather and set the wind to about the same as your

Air speed. Don't lose control when the weather loads. Descend to just above the water.

You will not be moving much relative to the surface. watch out for giant waves LOL

Thank Dave appreciate it - nice job on that video

Rich Sennett

Should LM continue to improve water effects in their coming patches... Dear I say, I may just wet myself!! Awesome! The bar is indeed being raised with the level of effects this sim is capable of!

Its easy to forget that P3D V2.3 is not just a flight simulator. The training scenarios that LM have in mind for the sim are Land, Sea and Air. My own view is that they are just getting started with this and in 10 years it will be so advanced we won't know ourselves. That water not only looks incredible. Stick about in it and get your puck bag ready. LOL

BTW does anyone know if anyone has done a boat or ship for P3D V2 yet?

Great points! Yes I am ready for amphibious crafts and more! A matter of fact. Bring on the submarine! Or, wait till orbx figures they can make a ton more money selling Island textures that also show marine life under the water thanks to bathcymetry! Never say never... Lol...

I dont think that it will ever be improved with the limitation of that 32bit address space.

Although the ultimate solution is conversion to 64 bit, that isn't an immediate need. LM improved VAS management just by offloading more work to the GPU and using DX11.

Although the ultimate solution is conversion to 64 bit, that isn't an immediate need. LM improved VAS management just by offloading more work to the GPU and using DX11.

Yes not to mention as hardware gets even faster - things will be looking very bright in the not to distant future

Rich Sennett