Sign in to follow this  
Appliance

DD's UUEE Sheremetyevo released.

Same here.

Wrote a ticket at SimMarket...

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Ah! There seems to be a small disconnect between SM marketing and sales.

They did the same to me with the latest AES - I bought some credits and downloaded the latest installer which turned out to be the previous installer!

Caused me a little embarrassment in the AES forums...

I'm so free to cite the answer to my ticket from SimMarket:

"The file currently available for download in your account is the latest which they have sent us and all other shops yesterday. We already informed them about their mistake but besides an auto reply stating that they will be on holiday until next week there was no answer yet. you will be notified when the correct file is available."

:blink:

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

I do regret bringing the update notice into this forum now...

And I do hope that the update applies to FS2004 as well!

At least DD posted it in their dedicated thread for the FS2004 version.

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Just a update form DD. On their forums they said the correct installer was sent to Simmarket, so it must of been a problem with them (Simmarket). They are trying to figure out what went wrong.

Well seems v1.6 has arrived at SimMarket.

I'll have a play tomorrow, be interested in others' views.

Well, in terms of FPS the new version, while not being as good as others (although being situated in a quite demanding area, with at least two other huge and much more smaller airports in vicinity) shows a remarkable improvement on my system.

However, there are still some bugs:

- The afcad seems to need correction, I spotted an old MD-11 freighter somewhere at Terminal D.

- AES has a problem even after "resync" (double gates), you have to go to the scenery folder of UUEE and to deactivate the file "UUEE_Jwys.bgl".

- The most shocking fact is, however, one that DD can't be blamed for: They removed the classic Terminal B with the well known "grib" satellite and replaced by an ugly, misproportioned monster building...

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Did the old scenery come with a un-installer (I forget)? Or do I just manually un-install the old scenery?

I extracted the update to a dummy folder, and copied all files over to the existing installed folders, after deleting everything except AES-UUEE-LIB.BGL.

Works fine, and also no performance problems.

- The afcad seems to need correction, I spotted an old MD-11 freighter somewhere at Terminal D.

Parking D1? Yes it has a rather large radius, I have an Air Bridge Cargo B744 there, not unreasonable I thought.

KqRFey.jpg

- AES has a problem even after "resync" (double gates), you have to go to the scenery folder of UUEE and to deactivate the file "UUEE_Jwys.bgl".

I don't seem to have any issue, what does it do in your sim?

I don't seem to have any issue, what does it do in your sim?

Double jetways. The file AES detects and deactivates has a different name.

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

OK... I am assuming because I kept the previous AES-UUEE-LIB.BGL file I don't have this issue.

Has anyone come across AES repaints for UUEE?

They removed the classic Terminal B with the well known "grib" satellite and replaced by an ugly, misproportioned monster building..

I'll pass on the update. I want to have the "grib" in my sim. :smile:

Has anyone come across AES repaints for UUEE?

I'd love to paint the vehicles if I could see my work on the vehicle I'm painting. I made the suggestion for the ability to select vehicles 2 years ago.  :t0152:

Any one seen the new pushback truck yet.?  .... Nice to have a new truck but I'm guessing that means the odds of getting the correct truck are even higher than before.   :rolleyes:

There's a new update for this scenery: v. 1.8, that brings some of the city buildings of Moscow X.

I would have bought a stand-alone FS2004 city scenery for sure. But the approach now choosen by DD for FS2004 is not that bad, too, in my opinion: With the many FS2004 freeware offers for this area, especially airports from the Russian Avsim, one can have a quite complete Moscow area.

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

I had a look, and was pleased to find things like the Kremlin.

But the city scenery does not correlate well with GEPRO which is unusual - rivers don't line up etc.

I have UUEE, UUDD, and UUMU (which includes a landclass folder I notice, perhaps that is the issue).

Harald as the resident eastern Europe expert :) what else can you recommend to make Moscow live?