Sign in to follow this  
Appliance

DD's UUEE Sheremetyevo released.

Oh, please let me some time...

Currently looking for the "Seven sisters" in the scenery...

And finding only five, two of them being included in DD's scenery, three others in a freeware.

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

They look remarkably like the ones seen in Google Earth.

I suppose it's all in open domain Sketchup. 

(For those not up to speed, these are Stalin-era skyscrapers in Moscow.)

which includes a landclass folder I notice, perhaps that is the issue

I don't believe so.

Obviously the Moskwa river is heavily misplaced in the stock scenery, and none of the add-ons corrects this.

By the way, to begin with some more good add-ons in this area.

- Andrei Antas "Moscow And The Moscow Region" scenery, from the "other" library. From this package, you have to delete/deactivate the bgl file with "uuuc" in the name.

In my opinion, all of Andrei Antas sceneries are quite good. Not high end quality, but they bring many small, mid-size and even big airports of Russia and CIS countries. For instance there is no better, or better said no other, scenery for Ulyanovsk airport.

- Ostafievo UUMO 2011

http://www.avsimrus.com/f/fs2004-sceneries-44/uumo-ostafyevo-2011-v0-9-37191.html

- Vnokovo UUWO

http://www.avsimrus.com/f/fs2004-sceneries-44/uuww-vnukovo-reload-56187.html

- And then there's the possibility to enhance the cityscape further. Three more of the Seven sisters... and other buildings.

From these files:

http://www.avsimrus.com/files.phtml?uploader=83

download those:

MoscowPhoto01.ZIP

MoscowPhoto02.ZIP

MoscowPhoto03.ZIP

MoscowPhotoADD01.ZIP

If you extract them, you'll find that each of them contains a folder "Addon Scenery", inside this a folder "Moscow Photo" and inside that one folder "Phototerrain" and one folder "Terrain". The latter is of interest. Put the "Terrain" folder of all these archives together, the scenery folder inside it should now contain 37 files. From these deactivate

AF2_UUMC.bgl (if you have Anta's scenery installed)

Brige.bgl

Brige2.bgl

Brige3.bgl

Kre.bgl

Kre_fla.bgl

OstankinoTV_1.bgl

ship.bgl

ship3.bgl

Universitet.bgl

Then add the scenery to scenery.cfg. From its priority, it should be below all other Moscow sceneries, else it excludes some of DD's buildings.

I don't use the phototerrain of this package. It corrects the misplaced Moskwa river bed indeed; nevertheless I don't use it because it contains only summer season and it has a problem with popping autogen.

So far for today...

I have to admit that rather than Moscow area I prefer the North, the Southwest and Siberia in Russia.

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Thanks for that, should keep us all quiet for a bit!

FS is fun in this way - you end up wondering about a bit of scenery, and it draws you in.

Red Square isn't particularly red it turns out, and doesn't even have much of a political or cultural history! They just burned down some buildings next to a little open area known as red square, to make some more room!