Sign in to follow this  
skully

MD-80 Project Update

Beautiful work, this is going to be another must-have for X-Plane when it comes out. I really like the dirt and grime look, it makes the plane looked lived in and used.

New FMC information and features lists are up.

Dev's reporting that Nav functionality is almost complete.

Panel textures are looking fantastic too!

http://rotatesim.com/

I got back just in the right time too....

Each new day I feel happier for having bought XP10, again :-), this time the D/L version directly from LR, to have propmt access to all betas ;-)

Looking fwd for that beauty. The Leonardo md-80 is still on my best memmories :-), and even the md-80 in Flight Assgnement ATP ...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Each new day I feel happier for having bought XP10, again :-).

Ha ha It'll never last! You'll be back on DCS World next week, and P3D the week after lol. :wink: Sorry couldn't resist.

Of course I will :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Am I the only one here who started entirely with X-Plane and have never used FSX/P3D? Am I really missing out on that much?

I can't wait for this to be released! The textures are gorgeous and the systems seem deep. What more could I ask for?

Am I the only one here who started entirely with X-Plane and have never used FSX/P3D?

Same here. 

Am I the only one here who started entirely with X-Plane and have never used FSX/P3D? Am I really missing out on that much?

Not really. Only if you really place a big importance in seasonal textures and atc, imo.

Since I live in Portugal, Central part of the country, there are just a couple of textures I am accustomed to see, so, no big deal for me, and since I never used ATC in FSX, not having a good ATC robot for X-Plane isn't really a problem either.

I did explore DCS and IL2 BoS because of their flight dynamics modeling for fighter aircraft and helicopters. They're both great in that area, but I am convinced that the same level of quality is possible to achieve in X-Plane, provided you have access to RW data and really go deep into the myriad of data that makes part of it's FDM.  Then, for me at least, air combat is not really my beach, and being limited to very limited scenery areas is something I don't like.

I do have and use extensively Aerowinx PSX, the best Boeing 744 simulation available, but even that one can share it's space with X-Plane 10 because I can, thanks to a very smart plugin - XView - use X-Plane 10 for the visuals :-)

Yes, there aren't yet any modern Boeing airliners with the level of sophistication of what PMDG offers for FSX or P3D, but they're coming to X-Plane as well, and that means something, I believe....

Weather injection is very good now with the latest version of the NOAA plugin I am using. We just need some continuity in the metar-based weather transitions, which are usually abrupt, and a more sophisticated weather radar but X-Plane 10 includes natively a much better modeling of precipitation and it's effects on aircraft than FSX or P3D!

Then there are all of the many scenery features and add-ons, for free, that you get in X-Plane and have to spend a little fortune to match with FSX / P3D.

Last time I had used X-Plane, the new extended DSF weren't available, and it really was a show stopper for me, that horizon blur. I was also afraid that the new implementation could be too expensive in terms of performance, but NO, it runs super smooth in my new graphics card, with 4GB ( GTX 960 ) and it's a remarkable update to what I was used to. 

I really just dream of the day Austin finds the time to sync the Moo with the real Moon, and makes the necessary corrections to his daylight calculations according to latitude and date, although I can always manually adapt it with a pair of key presses to advance or retract the time of day :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

You're missing out on some very in-depth simulations and some great scenery, but overall I've never felt the need to go back to FSX. The quality is improving all the time, and the tools and free stuff available is amazing.

I really just dream of the day Austin finds the time to sync the Moo with the real Moon, and makes the necessary corrections to his daylight calculations according to latitude and date, although I can always manually adapt it with a pair of key presses to advance or retract the time of day :-)

This is something I've never noticed until you bought it up in another post. I always thought it was correct, but then I generally just fly at the same time in the summer. One thing I don't like is the aurora borealis showing up too far South/North. I believe they actually did fix this though. Am I correct in thinking that the stars are even correct in FSX? I'm sure I remember once seeing Orion whilst cruising at night above the clouds?