Sign in to follow this  
denali

Prepp3d Views: Peripheral Distortion Correction

Hi,

I have a question regarding a 2 monitor setup: Is it possible to set the center of the view right in the middle of one of the displays (as if you were using 1 or 3 monitors) and expand the view to the left or right size using the second monitor? If I configure nVidia surround for 2 displays then the center of view is always in between the two displays which is not usable. I would like to have a view which is the same as in a 3 monitor setup with just one of the side monitors missing (preferably the left as my main objective would be to see the full cockpit panel using the right monitor). I hope, it is understandable what I mean. Would really like to know if this is possible.

Many thanks in advance!

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Is it possible to set the center of the view right in the middle of one of the displays (as if you were using 1 or 3 monitors)
  Yes.   The way I know of off the top of my head is to have things set for 3 monitors.  This should upsize the screen for 3 monitors, but the clipping will cut off the left or right sides.  I'll think about this some more.   Its something I want to be sure it can do. 

Just tried the program.

As I am running in 2D view like Andy.

However , I am seeing the fisheye issue like Mike.  

Surely I am doing something wrong.

A little push into the right direction would be very helpfull...

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I also tried the program today. Worked as advertised. Thanks for the great work!

The only problem I have is, that I can't see the VC panel any more. Only the view through the cockpit windows. And as you have mentioned above, it is not possible to zoom out. Since I don't have a homecockpit with additional screens for the panel, I need to see the VC panel. Is there any chance to get a more "zoomed out" view?

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

I do not see what's in the red box. I see the compleet window including the black fisheye borders.

And as I use the 2D view I cannot zoom in/out.

Looks like it is not connecting.

My version is 0.9.1002.14.1308.

Do I have the lastest version?

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Here a screenshot of how it looks on my setup.

With CTRl + Windows key + Space --> the view is suddenly to the left.

The Prepar3dResizing utility hangs after I press Resize.

I have a Dutch W7 64 bit...

Fisheye%201.jpg

Hi guys,

first of all many thanks for the effort to program such great tool. I struggle with the desire to have more FOV for long time,

I just switched to P3D 2.4 and iam happy with it so far. I use a TH2GO wit 2 x 24" displays. 

The TH2GO makes 1 big display with 3840x1024 (my favorite res). Another 24" monitor is connected to the second graphiccard output and i use it for normal desktop purpose.

Normally i use P3D in fullscreen window mode, stretched over the 2 TH2GO Monitos.

If i install your cameras, i get the well known fish eye after selecting the first custom cam.. Clicking on the Resizebuttons maximizes  P3D  in window mode over 3 monitors in window mode. Another click on the button give the oversized windows as i should. 

Unfortunately the fullscreen uses my desktop monitor and only two of the th2go displays.

Dont know how i can change this behavior. There is a function in the th2go software, which allows to choose on which displays programs and windows will be open. Here i selected the th2go display. So this cant be the reason.

Any idea?

Regards

Thomas

Here a screenshot of how it looks on my setup.

GSalden, this was not written for FSX.  The resize program looks for a P3D window, not FSX.  But I can change that, although I'm going to need FSX installed to test it myself.  I am curious to know how it got installed to FSX with the current program as it gets P3D info from the registry.  

Also, it is not meant for a window.   In order to clip out the area I had to resize the P3D window outside the bounds of your monitors display space.   I have used simconnect to resize a view within P3D, but the instant any other messages are sent, like a mouse clicking a P3D window, the view resizes.  I will probably need LM's help to get beyond that.

Is there any chance to get a more "zoomed out" view?

Custom FOV is something I have planned.  

There is a function in the th2go software, which allows to choose on which displays programs and windows will be open.

I am getting the information for which monitor is the primary monitor from windows.  I don't know if that syncs up with TH2go or not.

I apologize again for the delays. The only thing I can say is I have 2 people here that may not be here much longer, and 2 others, senior and junior, that are in my care, none of whom I am willing to trade time away from after my work for the day is done.  However, P3D is my current/favorite/go-to momentary "get away" plan (there are no checklists or run-ups or mechanics actually required), and even when I'm at my desktop sometimes it's flying kind of at random in the background across 3 screens with this fix, and I run my VMs, remotes, and IDEs on top of it (which is what the display real estate is really for, there's 2 other monitors, one laptop and another little one I keep up for the dev server, others if you count the nexus 7 and 10 tablets, and yes I'm going blind from all the radiation), peeking behind to see "are we there yet" every once in a while, then cutting out the autopilot making a touch and go or a full stop depending on how interesting the destination airport is from a flyover.   So I really appreciate the feedback, it motivates me, and I very much want to get the fixes in ASAP, as soon as I am able.  Thanks.

This is P3D , but with the Russian Migration Tool on.

The Tool makes a New Executable that both launches a by the program installed FSX exe ( only that file installed ) and P3D v2.4.

Now FSX programs like Shade work in P3D and also addons that Don't install info P3Dv2 can be installed.

See the Topic about the Russian Migration Tool at the P3D forum here at Avsim.

Btw : the RMT is free while the Estonian MT is payware.

So when using that New P3D Compatible file on the P3D topbar you can read FSX , but it is P3D that is running.

Lots of People use the Migration tools so imho it would be a good thing if your program could work when using it.

( Don't know if that is the cause for my issues ).

I use the 2d view without instruments / gauges as one wide window, t.i. one wide outside view like Gary has.

Like Gary I have a hardware cockpit so am using the 2d view. Not the VC. And in fullscreen.

As I have a free week in front of me and want to finish my realsize 737-900 cockpit I have 5 days where I can test your program.

I also have to do some bèta testing for My Traffic and P3D Fiber Accelerator so my setup is on half of the day, so enough Fs time.

Hi,

thanks for the reply.

Can you tell me how the primary display acts with your tool? Under which criteria choose your tool the monitors to expand/ maximize?

I tried to change the primary monitor without success, so i guess the reason for the maximizing over all monitors might be the fact that i select "EXPANDED DESKTOP" in the Nvidea settings.

Can you explain how the primary display acts with your tool? Under which criteria choose your tool the monitors to expand/ maximize?

Regards Thomas

I apologize again for the delays.

You shouldn't apologize for anything. Your program is great and everybody understands that there are things in life which are much more important than flight simming! Regardless of how long it takes, I'm looking forward to further improvements of the program. And thanks again for the great work!

This is P3D , but with the Russian Migration Tool on.
 That explains much.  What is the name of the executable file?

THANK YOU VERY much Denali (and others who have contributed) to this piece of software.

I would like to get some hints on how to proceed with my setup.

I have one computer for cockpit instruments (and other tools) ("master")

On the slave-PC I have two projectors, in Eyefinity setup (that would present the out the window view)

On the slave-PC I also run NTHUSIM for edge blending of the projectors and perspective correction.

The projectors are projected on a curved screen, about 4 meters diameter, about 160 degree horizontal FOV.

I just played around for a short while with Prepp3d views and while I was in the expanded dimensions I could see that in the CENTER of the screen (the edge blended area) I could notice some distorsions. Is that because I have to add something with bezels to the Prepar3d cameras?

I just realized, that in my previous setup, I had desktop warping, which "shrunk" the available total resolution (because of the edge blending due to the projectors). So in my previous setup I had not 1920+1920 (3840) available for P3D, but instead something like 3600x1080.

I guess, what I have to do is to play around with cameras.cfg and "overlap" the two cameras slightly to bridge the view in the edge blended zone?

Hopefully I made myself understood :)

Thanks

When clicking the Prepar3D Compatible shortcut it fires up fsxstart.exe in the main P3Dv2 folder.

Fsxstart.exe starts up both the fsx.exe file and the default Prepar3D.exe file.

I can also start up the default Prepar3d.exe file by itself,, but the message about FSX running stays..

Hello,

how do you remove this application?

I removed the camera. (cameras.cfg)

When I start Prepar3d I still get a distorted view.

So I removed the PostProcess shaders.

And cleared out the shaders cache (in appdata/local).

But still get a distorted view when starting Prepar3d.

Edit: Tried a reinstall of Prepar3d, still the same "distorted" view (as you get when installing Prepp3d view).

Edit 2: re-installed ATI/AMD drivers. Fixed the problem. Haven't found a way to flush the GPU shader cache...

Edited by matnor