Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Has LM, hit the wall, as far as P3D.x coding is concerned?

Great pics...all...and I realize that we all have our own boundaries of what is acceptable, what looks good, what looks real...and I respect that.  I guess we can close the topic, by saying that in having gone back to v2.3, I realize that it has all the elements that make (for me..it is  such a stellar, and visually stimulating flight simulator)  it has textures, that rival ORBX as stock,  sky color and hue that is mind blowing...AS STOCK...and a smoothness of flight, that now that I have a comparison to v2.4....I won't utter another WORD about stutter or what have you....

They changed the hue, the color palettes  in the ground texture to much more brownish and washed out...a number of things, that I saw between my flights in v2.4, and now once more in v2.3.  In v2.3...the world is awash with depth-of-color..and you'd most likely now have to pull v2.3 out of my numb, cold, dead, hands...and the clouds in v2.3...just drop-dead lush..and gorgeous.  I'm home...

Cheers!

Happy flying, no matter what version you choose....

I don't think they've reached the limit yet. Even though they can make substantial advancements from now on only if they ditch the old code and go for a new 64-bit simulator, I think there's still a lot to be done with 2.x, especially when it comes to bugs.

I'm somewhat baffled though, many issues are being reported in here while the Prepar3D forum is mostly filled with "thank you" messages. If you want your issues to be taken into account, then you must post them in the official Prepar3D forums, because in the 2.4 article they've made it clear the forum is the main source of bug reports.

Good points...and well taken, Chaotic....

Mitch,

Why is it when everyone points out they don't have the problem you have... you insist on ignoring that fact? You've got something screwed up on your system... I can guarantee that.

Here's what I see out the window:

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m316/warpdrive/2014-10-1_11-42-22-56.jpg

Hi Ed...

Ed, I'm not truly ignoring anything. I am reading that others don't see what I do...and have totally acknowledged that with a sincere comment that I am most happy they are enjoying the new version.  I just don't see it that way, for myself.  I have migrated back a version...and things are fantastic, once more...:)

Happy flying!

Hi Mitch,

The main issue that you have not commented on is that non of the recently posted screenshots display this fish bowl, wrap around sky that you were not happy with.

Also, have LM really messed with the hues and textures in such a small patch? I doubt it.

However, we all see things differently, and each to their own as they say.

Regards,

Daz

Hi Mitch,

The main issue that you have not commented on is that non of the recently posted screenshots display this fish bowl, wrap around sky that you were not happy with.

Also, have LM really messed with the hues and textures in such a small patch? I doubt it.

However, we all see things differently, and each to their own as they say.

Regards,

Daz

I still see the sky as 'rounded' and not linear as it is in v2.3, Daz...but as I say..this thread was started by only one user's conviction and opinion.   Since having been flying around in a virgin-state v2.3, I got to see that there (in my eyes) has been a modifying of textures. Very dull, very red-brownish...and gritty.  The picture below, is absolutely what I went nuts over...when I saw v2.3...lush...and gorgeous. Alive...as real as it gets...   Thanks for your viewpoints, as all others on this thread. I greatly enjoyed reading them...pondering them...and that is what makes AVSIM so great...  Here's a parting final shot of me....HOME!   Cheers, Daz!

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/a6I

They changed the hue, the color palettes  in the ground texture to much more brownish and washed out.

What season are you flying now, fall?  If you are running based on system date in US/Europe then you will be in the fall season with brownish textures ;)

FYI on staying with v2.3 ... issues have be adjusted/corrected in v2.4, add-on developers releasing new products will target the "Current" version of P3D which is v2.4 (not older versions) ... so you could run into future issues with P3D add-ons that are expecting the v2.4 adjustments/fixes to be in place.

Cheers, Rob.

Sesquashtoo

Don´t think I have ever read so much BS before, as I have in your postings!!! Why don´t you just send your own developed "new P3D" to LM and tell them how to do it? 

Mitch,

As an end user of a product, posting about your disappointments on a "third party" forum is not useful. What is useful is letting the developers know what is wrong. If you don't give them feedback, they can't fix anything. :wink:

Brandon Filer

Mitch,

As an end user of a product, posting about your disappointments on a "third party" forum is not useful. What is useful is letting the developers know what is wrong. If you don't give them feedback, they can't fix anything. :wink:

I'm posting no more...happy flying to everyone!   This is a forum...a forum to speak your mind, about the thumb's up of a product...and on the other hand, when not so....

I'll let them know...

Mitch

Sesquashtoo

Don´t think I have ever read so much BS before, as I have in your postings!!! Why don´t you just send your own developed "new P3D" to LM and tell them how to do it? 

...and you are defensive, why?  

Why are you reading?   Makes no sense....

There is nothing wrong with 2.4. I have many hundred of shots that show there is no difference in the terrain rendering between 2.3 and 2.4 - the colours, if you match seasons, and TOD are the same. Anything else is either in his PC, or more likely, in his noggin.

I can't match the location, but season and region are the same, as are all the texture sets.

2.4... not grainy and brown... no odd sky.

wRicN.jpg

SduYt.jpg

When it comes to sky colours, I've noticed that they are different for each day. I don't know if it depends on the year at all, but if you choose, for example, September 6th 2014 as the date, the dawn has a somewhat pink hue, while the next day the sky looks a lot more blue and hazy. I thought it depended on the season, but after some testing I've come to the conclusion that each day has a unique set of sky colours (applies to dusk as well, haven't tested at noon though).

I've got to say I find this behaviour really weird. I don't think it's bad, but it's possible that, if you are aiming to recreate a flight with a specific look, it might be impossible to do so unless you do it at the same date. I have no idea if custom sky textures would be affected this way as well.

When it comes to sky colours, I've noticed that they are different for each day.

They are if you use the default sky textures. There are nine sets for each time of day, that cycle each day... it could explain seeing some difference between fying diffent days.

If you use REX the textures are unified across the nine sets, so you don't see this change.

There is nothing wrong with 2.4. I have many hundred of shots that show there is no difference in the terrain rendering between 2.3 and 2.4 - the colours, if you match seasons, and TOD are the same. Anything else is either in his PC, or more likely, in his noggin.

I can't match the location, but season and region are the same, as are all the texture sets.

2.4... not grainy and brown... no odd sky.

wRicN.jpg

SduYt.jpg

Noted...

They are if you use the default sky textures. There are nine sets for each time of day, that cycle each day... it could explain seeing some difference between fying diffent days.

If you use REX the textures are unified across the nine sets, so you don't see this change.

That explains it, thanks!

Well, I like your posts, Mitch  :smile:

Well my friend, you like to live dangerously...lol   

You know...they stoned those that became flight sim apostates, only a few hundred years ago.  :ph34r:

What season are you flying now, fall?  If you are running based on system date in US/Europe then you will be in the fall season with brownish textures ;)

FYI on staying with v2.3 ... issues have be adjusted/corrected in v2.4, add-on developers releasing new products will target the "Current" version of P3D which is v2.4 (not older versions) ... so you could run into future issues with P3D add-ons that are expecting the v2.4 adjustments/fixes to be in place.

Cheers, Rob.

Yes, Rob.  In the fall, in mid Michigan... Your point is taken...but until that possible hurdle...this guy is quite happy in the land of v2.3   Thanks for your thoughts, Rob, and all that you do for the P3D community...and that is HUGE!.....

Mitch

Why is it when everyone points out they don't have the problem you have... you insist on ignoring that fact? You've got something screwed up on your system... I can guarantee that.

+1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10