Sign in to follow this  
skippy7x2q3z

Boxed PMDG 777 release date pushed back again and again

I have been looking for the Boxed PMDG 777 since the beginning of 2014 and keep looking at the Aerosoft web site.  They continually push the release back a month at a time yet they indicate that you can preorder it. I was now October 30, 2014 when I lokked yesterday. Any info or thoughts on this?  Maybe it is just a way for Aerosoft to get a long term no interest loan?

why must you have a boxed version

Maybe people's download speeds suck? Other than that I do not see why one would need a boxed version.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

I have been looking for the Boxed PMDG 777 since the beginning of 2014 and keep looking at the Aerosoft web site.  They continually push the release back a month at a time yet they indicate that you can preorder it. I was now October 30, 2014 when I lokked yesterday. Any info or thoughts on this?  Maybe it is just a way for Aerosoft to get a long term no interest loan?

Aerosoft is required to set a release date on their website for some publisher reasons. Never expect a release on the day listed, it's rarely ever going to come out then. I don't really understand what's wrong with downloading it. It's been a year anyways, how could you have waited this long?!

Maybe people's download speeds suck? Other than that I do not see why one would need a boxed version.

Haha no matter how much it suck, if they ordered the download they would have it by now  :lol:

Anyway, it's being pushed back because they're waiting for SP1c I bet. I would look for release of SP1c to be sign of the box release. 

Well first of,dont pre-order it.

secondly,and i speak solely for my self...i always find it so much more fascinating holding a box in my hand,which contains an amazing Cd,just like finding it more rewarding reading an actual book,than to read an ebook..... :ph34r:

Dont hate me!!!

warm regards

H.Mahesh

Hi

Why don't you just download it so much quicker !!.

And you need to sign your name as it states in the Forum rules for PMDG or your post may get deleted by PMDG

Regards

Jason Thompson

Thanks for the feedback.  This was my first post and I'm trying to figure out the signature issue.  When I made my post there did not seem to be any place for my signature.

Could someone please explain what AVSIM's definition of a signature is and what form it appears in for me? 

Thanks all. 

Skippy7x2q3z   ( is that considered a signature? )

more rewarding reading an actual book,than to read an ebook.....
Dont hate me!!!

I have never used a tablet so I can't hate you.

This was my first post and I'm trying to figure out the signature issue. 

Welcome to the forum!

Could someone please explain what AVSIM's definition of a signature is and what form it appears in for me? 

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/245586-you-must-sign-your-full-real-name-to-posts-to-use-this-forum-posts-without-names-will-be-deleted/

is that considered a signature?

No. But if that's your real name I congratulate your parents for being so creative with your name.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

No. But if that's your real name I congratulate your parents for being so creative with your name.

:LMAO:

No. But if that's your real name I congratulate your parents for being so creative with your name

I wonder how the last name (7x2q3z) is pronounced Kenny :lol:

Chris Sunseri

Any info or thoughts on this?

I wouldn't expect PMDG to release the 77X to CDROM production until well after the release of service packs.  Unless you have bandwidth limitations, most would recommend you download from PMDG and keep a backup of the downloaded installer (the download link is only active for a certain amount of time).

Your signature could be as simple as you typing your name at the end of your post until you figure out how to add an AVSIM signature block. Welcome and happy contrails!! Dan Downs

Dan Downs KCRP

After trying to resist the seduction I gave in and purchased the T7 yesterday. I too wanted a box because of ease to redownload, plus the little booklets are  good to kick  back and look at. I think of the money I blew in the past months on eye candy I could kick my self. This is a sim in itself. You don't need scenery add ons this plane is so immersive. I am now a babtised member of the PMDG church. My next purchase is going to be the books for this bird and FS2crew when it comes out. Waiting for a box is loosing time in the best sim created.

Vic green

Doing a search for a boxed PMDG on the net, I stumbled on this advert, and would like to hear from anyone in the know if this is a legitimate, licensed vendor for PMDG products.

PMDG 777 on CD for 80 Euro 

http://www.simw.com/flight-simulator-add-ons/pmdg-777-fsx.html

Regards from Tony

Even if that is a licensed PMDG vendor, which I don't think it is, that is a horrible deal. 80 Eur converts to so much more than 90 USD.