Sign in to follow this  
TheFamilyMan

nvidia 344.11 introduces sun blinding effect for DX10

Confirmed that it also happens on my system. I love this effect. All I need now is an airplane with vc rain effects similar to FU3. That would make me very happy.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Happens here also but it also has a weird effect on certain lights such as landing gear lights in the MilViz Baron 55. Not a fan of it to be honest, I thought the effect with Gabriel's sun mod was more convincing on its own. 

I think that this new sun effect came from REX texture SP1 because i have the 340.52 driver. :Thinking:

I think it's not by REX, because on eralier version nvidia drivers (344.11 I installed a few days ago), I didn't have this effect. However, I have another question - is it possible to change hue and intensity of this "mask"?

Still on older drivers and getting this effect. I think I would disable it, if I could, since it doesn't take into account the structures you are looking at. Means that, when e.g. looking at the overhead panel of your plane and the sun is in the same direction (behind the overhead, you don't actually see the sun). the effect still sets in. :huh:

Putting my glasses on. B)

Yes- it's probably an effect that's meant to work in other games, but effects FSX. FSX is dead to Nvidia, so they probably don't know about it.

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

Thought this was a glitch. I believe its tied to the bloom effect. Turn off bloom in fsx and it should go away.

It is yeah. It's a shame because I really like the bloom effect and now it's buggered!

You will not take away those nice bloom effects from me! :P

rAVil2F.gif

LOL I purchased Steve's fixer for the bloom effects without a performance hit (among other things)! I'm stable on 332.21, won't update those drivers until a fix is found!

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

I wonder if Steve would be able to disable just the sun blinding effect via his fixer. The effect doesn't ruin the sim but it's really "unreal" to receive it while parking in front of the terminal, not even being able to see the sun.

The simple line of "sight" logic the sim applies doesn't really work out.

I agree - I fundamentally like the effect, but all realism is lost when it occurs through the roof or a solid wall of an aircraft.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

I wonder if Steve would be able to disable just the sun blinding effect via his fixer. The effect doesn't ruin the sim but it's really "unreal" to receive it while parking in front of the terminal, not even being able to see the sun.

The simple line of "sight" logic the sim applies doesn't really work out.

That'd be indeed convenient.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

I am afraid you are all being rather too optimistic on what can be done here.

It may be possible to hide the effect along with the redout greyout effects - I am not sure - but it isn't possible to do any more than that

To place the effect outside the VC, the drawing sequence that the core uses would need to be changed such that it comes before the aircraft is drawn (like rain does) - but that isn't what happens here. Shifting it some arbitrary distance away would cause a curtain like effect on the ground which would look very false.

To make it take account of whether there is a building or cloud in the way would require even more sophistication in the core - essentially you have to answer the question is the pilots seat shadowed by something in the world.