Sign in to follow this  
Marek2704

Night lighting - ORBX vs. Aerosoft vs. Taburet

As long as the performance on the other lighting products give me better than 8 FPS.. @_@   I am all ears and my wallet stands ready.   The 3D Night Lights look great and are awesome that they overlay on Photoreal but 8 FPS....   I am fairly certain my rig specs should be able to handle a few hundred light dots but apparently not.

Chris, I look forward to giving your product a try out and review.   I think you have like California ready and I do fly over that a lot so I'll give it a shot.   Can't wait to see what you do with Texas, my home.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Nothing beats NE from Aerosoft imho.

It looks by far the most realistic.

And with v2 upcoming it will even be better.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

All the night environment software appears to offer yellow/white street lights in the main - I look forward to a night environment which includes some colour to represent advertising neon lights or buildings with illuminated signs - some red and green splashes for example - as well as the street lights.

Hi Nick

as it stands we offer the 4 primary colors with v1, NE v2 will offer 24 new colors array;

including hard red, blue, green, and yellow; and tones in between; as well as selectable light size, brightness and intensity

a new configuration manager; and allot more exciting enhancements to come this year

I apologize if this would have warranted a new thread, but has been helpful. I'm trying to decide between Night 3D, Chris Bell's product, and the others mentioned here. My only requirement is that I won't buy anything that employs DRM/product activation, though I'm ok with serial numbers.

Night 3D is currently on sale and covers a lot of area for little money, but the performance is likely to be an issue unless things have changed. Mr. Bell's scenery looks good, although there appears to be an issue with the purchasing page.

System specs are i5-3570k, 8GB, GTX550Ti, Win7 x64 Pro, no internet, AV, etc. FSX runs smooth as butter. I'm considering a GPU upgrade (probably a 960 or 970) but don't know when, so I might put up with marginal performance for awhile, but don't want something that would bring one of those newer cards to its knees.

mods: Feel free to move if warranted.

Hi Allen,

we do offer a demo of our product if you want to get a firsthand impression before you commit,

which issue do you have with purchasing page? (which region are you looking at)

you can go here (Aerosoft is our publisher) http://shop.aerosoft.com/ and search for Night Environment

we also have a dedicated support forums for our customers here http://forums.nightenvironment.com/

BUMP: Is This Addon compatible with Orbx?

Yes you can have NE along with UTX and ORBX but i turn lights off in central2 and the same for utx2.1.

Looks way better. Only issues is finding out precise What is causing pausing in scenery. Havent nailed it down yet. Medium sliders and 1gb vas remaining with GPU at 40%. could it be my windows swapfile 3072gb is to low?

Thanks Michael Moe

• Upvote 1

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Thank you going to get Spain to start off with,

The France version has PARIS which is notorious for low fps how would NE Aerosoft perform? i expect a drop but how much?

finally someone in the know :)
thats is very true Paris is notorious (for some odd reason) it is the KSFO of Europe,
no one knows why this is and like everyone before us; we had to approach this issue as well,

what we did to circumvent this situation...
we separated Paris completely from the rest of France and gave it separate and dedicated controls; with a much more refined feature selection specifically for Paris area,

here's our dedicated control panel for Paris and for France Global next to it

nexmparis.jpg.bf0368b97beed029bf96f2868anev2.0.jpg

• Upvote 1

Thanks soo much customization to suit my needs , vatsim ctp is coming up thereafter i'll be considering getting Spain and France/Paris.

Is there any other new NE areas coming out soon:)?

• Upvote 1

YVW,

yes, allot more NE regions will be out very soon :smile:

Night Environment will not stop until every piece of the globe is covered!

even then... we will continue to reinvent the night scene and push the limits further :wink:

• Upvote 1