Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

DSR, for this flight simmer, a milestone....

Since were no longer using NI for anti-aliasing, do you guys enable anti-aliasing within FSX?  without this box checked I have a ton of jagged lines.

Anybody that uses the Realair Lancair, do you still get cockpit shimmering around the gauges?  Not sure if this is a Realair thing or a settings thing on my end.

Yes, you use all your normal pre-DSR options to render WITHIN each sim.  For instance, what ever you had check-boxed, and its feature set, is still to be used, only 3rd Party out-board tweaks and over-ride settings are no longer needed, and in fact, compromises the total DSR rendering and effect. That has been my experience. With what I set, the amount level, all of it within N.I. to get a more clear graphic, to get smoother animation, to remove shimmering and other hold-back artifacts pre-DSR application, has all in just applying 2.0 (or higher) and default 33% Smoothing, been eliminated, leaving behind a drop-dead, smooth, gorgeous virtual world, and artifact-free cockpit and air-frame.

Mitch

Yes, you use all your normal pre-DSR options to render WITHIN each sim.  For instance, what ever you had check-boxed, and its feature set, is still to be used, only 3rd Party out-board tweaks and over-ride settings are no longer needed, and in fact, compromises the total DSR rendering and effect. That has been my experience. With what I set, the amount level, all of it within N.I. to get a more clear graphic, to get smoother animation, to remove shimmering and other hold-back artifacts pre-DSR application, has all in just applying 2.0 (or higher) and default 33% Smoothing, been eliminated, leaving behind a drop-dead, smooth, gorgeous virtual world, and artifact-free cockpit and air-frame.

Mitch

Mitch, did you have SweetFx installed ?

I have it and was wondering how it plays with DSR...

Thanks

Hari

Thanks

Hari

Actually, no. I have never used it, Han.

Thanks

Hari

I had SFX installed and only got one d3d9.dll crash, seems to work fine otherwise.

\Robert Hamlich/

Mitch

Thanks Mitch, for clearing that up for me.

I'm glad to see that a lot of folks are interested enough to try this out for themselves!

Good stuff, and from 2,300 'views', the thread gets set back to '0'?

Hmmm...

I agree Mike, DSR is a game changer. Adaptive VSync 1/2 refresh does work. I found I did not need 4xSGSS in Inspector.

Also, using Antilising setting in global too 8xCSAA make things look crystal clear and no shimmering. I have matched that setting in the fixer as well.

Hi Julian,

Any chance you could post a screen of your NI settings for FSX DX10?  I'd like to see what you've got and see if I can improve my graphics.  Thanks very much.

Robert

\Robert Hamlich/

I agree, there's nothing like trying it and I will get around to it.  But in the meantine for FSX, how does DSR cope in heavy cloud situations? The kind that was performance trouble for high levels of SGSS?

Simon

I agree, there's nothing like trying it and I will get around to it.  But in the meantine for FSX, how does DSR cope in heavy cloud situations? The kind that was performance trouble for high levels of SGSS?

Simon

No FPS impact.  The only sim that DSR probably reduces by 1/4 to 1/2 your best FPS, has been to my experience, XPX.  All the M.S. based sims, ....no impact. I still get my locked 33 FPS under any heavy cloud treatment.  I can tell you...that presently I am in a flight using FS9 (have been most of the day...) and the clouds as rendered by ASE and REX for 2004 is quite amazing.  So amazing in fact..that I kinda prefer them over P3D!   Yes...I did say that...they look fabulous at over-sample 2x, and of course with FS9, you have total animation fluidity...which gives you the same, true fidelity motion-sense, of real life.  Unfortunately, no other sim, can offer this, as FS9 is not by today's standard a sim that will stress modern system components. You feel like you are flying...and with the new DSR 'look'...wow,wow...and wow....

Mitch

Good stuff, and from 2,300 'views', the thread gets set back to '0'?

--------------------------------------------------

Saw later that it had been moved to a different forum. That explained the dead '0' view shown in Hangar Chat.  

I just downloaded the latest NVidia drivers so I could enable DSR. My initial impression is 'Holy Cow!'  This feature shows serious promise and needs some in-depth exploring - like what all advanced (and FPS sapping) filtering and AA can I turn off with DSR running?

Whoever came up with this idea is to be commended! It's genius in it's simplicity.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

I just downloaded the latest NVidia drivers so I could enable DSR. My initial impression is 'Holy Cow!'  This feature shows serious promise and needs some in-depth exploring - like what all advanced (and FPS sapping) filtering and AA can I turn off with DSR running?

Whoever came up with this idea is to be commended! It's genius in it's simplicity.

It has been my experience that you can set all your N.I. profiles to nVidia Default.  I have had the best performance, with JUST DSR in the left-hand seat.  Yeah, I agree, it is quite amazing...

I installed the new driver, enabled DSR 2.0 with 33% smoothing.  I started FSX, pressed Alt-Enter twice (I run windowed mode) and....blech...awful.  Am I doing something wrong?

EDIT:  Tried it with P3D too.  I don't see any difference.  Tried Alt-Ent twice there too.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

2 questions for the flight simming pilots in the know that maybe has this setup..

Does this driver work if using multi screens on 2 same GPU cards ,example 3 screens for main view(1 GPU) and another screen(2GPU) for other addons?

Does it work in windowed mode?

Thank you

I installed the new driver, enabled DSR 2.0 with 33% smoothing.  I started FSX, pressed Alt-Enter twice (I run windowed mode) and....blech...awful.  Am I doing something wrong?

EDIT:  Tried it with P3D too.  I don't see any difference.  Tried Alt-Ent twice there too.

You need to do this:

"The one thing you have to do, after you fire up any of the sims...it works in all of them...is that you must go to the resolution window, and then pick your 1.5/2.0, etc...resolution INTERNALLY within the sim, and then press OK. If you press SHIFT-Z, in either P3D, or FSX, and see any of the two read lines at about a font vertical size of 1/16-1/8th inch in height, you are there...at a setting of 2X DSR."

Go to settings inside FSX, and choose the resolution you want to use..

This looks to good to be true IMO, but it works, thanks Mitch!

Wonder what "Old Grumpy" has to say bout this, hmmmm, hrrmphhhh, hark, hark:

http://www.simforums.com/forums/nvidia-feature-dsr-for-kepler_topic50310.html

Me think he´s getting too old and very, very grumpy, LOL!

:lol: