Sign in to follow this  
Keven Menard

2014/10/26 - Project announcement - 777 Immersion

Will you guys develop PrecipitFX for P3D 2? If so when can we expect a release of this beautiful package?

So far superb work guys :D 

Isn't that a bit far fetched? 

Not according to the developer:

• Tom Weigandt Awesome!!! One question does the strobes like in reality light up the clouds, fog? Thx 
    • 10448234_261050910764260_897793501951384
      FSFX Packages Hi Tom, we're working on it! For now, the visibility determines if the effect is displayed or not.
    • 10372593_10202711771179522_5670217936784
      Tom Weigandt Would be awesome with the clouds ( strobes ) then, hopefully as real as it gets, when u fly through the cloud layers. Wish U and your development team best of luck. If the cloud thing is implemented, I will definitely buy it! 

https://www.facebook.com/FSFXPackages/posts/288290328040318

Isn't that a bit far fetched? 

We reached HiFi Technologies (Makers of Active Sky) to see if they had anything new API planned. They told me they were working on a few things that might help us achieve this in the future. There are other effects related to clouds that we want to try out!

Like everything in FSX, there is a limit to the number of effects we can put on an aircraft. We are looking into ways to bypass them but right now we need to make a selection of effects we want to ship.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Seen the teaser pics n vids, looking fabulous, especially the 777 is all I fly. Love eye candy and this addon will add those stunning effects to my fav aircraft. Definate purchase can't wait.

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

We reached HiFi Technologies (Makers of Active Sky) to see if they had anything new API planned. They told me they were working on a few things that might help us achieve this in the future. There are other effects related to clouds that we want to try out!

Like everything in FSX, there is a limit to the number of effects we can put on an aircraft. We are looking into ways to bypass them but right now we need to make a selection of effects we want to ship.

Interesting. 

The reason I thought it was a bit far fetched and asking a lot is because of the VAS usage and performance decrease in the high poly 777. It would be great if you could incorporate it outside of FSX...

Interesting. 

The reason I thought it was a bit far fetched and asking a lot is because of the VAS usage and performance decrease in the high poly 777. It would be great if you could incorporate it outside of FSX...

The footprint of such effect is minimal, we're talking <5mb here.

We take performance very seriously and we'll do anything we can to save as much memory as possible.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

NO Sure if this has been answered, but will there be a specific package for the PMDG 737 NGX?

NO Sure if this has been answered, but will there be a specific package for the PMDG 737 NGX?

Hi,

Yes there will be! But no date yet!

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

any plans for the NGX special Pack?

Yes, as written above, we are planning on doing an Immersion Package for the NGX

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42