Sign in to follow this  
Tim_Capps

Dogfight Between Coolsky Flight One DC-9 and Captain Sim 737

Of the three a/c mentioned the Coolsky has it. The milvis cockpit looks strange and certainly one would not attempt to fly it sat so far back. Captain Sim has a better look but as far as the depth of instrumentation goes, I don't know. The Coolsky has a reasonable feel for a VC (bearing in mind that for all vc's one has to zoom in and out to corrrectly read the instruments - something unatural in the real cockpit). The coolsky has it also for depth of instrumentation especially as all the CBs (yes all) work!!

Well in the looks department, (real world)  you must remember, Hugh Hefner chose the DC-9 to be the Bunny Jet  :lol:

I don't have the DC-9, so I can't comment on that. I would guess that it is better, from what I've read. I think the OP's comparison post was really good.

Regarding the two main 737s, I have both and I think they both have their issues. I couldn't get the autopilot to work right with the Milviz and their support forum did not help me figure out the problem, beyond "we have an upcoming fix." Also, Milviz has pretty much announced that they are done with the 737 fixes, which doesn't make sense to me. Also, the Milviz DX11 night lights would not work on my machine, despite it having the published minimum standards (apparently, it's ATI cards that are the problem). I thought they said that they would add an option for non-DX11 lighting, but I don't think they ever did. Oh well.

I didn't see it mentioned, but there is an upcoming SP for the CS 737, so I guess we'll see how that works out. I personally like the plane, despite the bugs and even though I thought the Milviz felt better in flight and had great sounds.

I also think CS easily wins with the VC. The Milviz version was way over-the-top. There is no way I would knowingly board a plane like that in real life, unless it was the last one out of the danger zone.

Yep, best all around plane is easily the DC-9, and it has an AT to help on approaches. Man, do those old planes keep you busy, especially if you're using the hyperactive FSX ATC.

The Milviz VC does look like someone conducted an acid attack against the flight crew, or it was hauled up from an old, submerged wreck. They out-did Captain Sim in the distressed look department. I don't argue with the choice since they seem to feature some old beaters delivering rice to gravel-field outposts in the far north. I just wish I knew how to change two or three of those darned buttons from looking so nice! FS9 was so easy to to paint even a disreputable old Bear could do it, but FSX is complicated.

Can't say I have had problems with the AP, except I've noticed a slight "hitch" with CWS, which I also notice with CS, oddly enough.

I guess long-time Captain Sim fans have learned to take SP announcements with a grain of salt. Of all their airplanes, I would best like to see one for the 737. So close; so far away.

Probably the deciding factor is the lack of nice-looking repaints (or repaints at all). Milviz will stay on my radar, though.