Sign in to follow this  
RockOla

Royal Turbine along the Pacific Coast

Eagerly waiting the V2, I fly the Royal Turbine a lot these days. Kind of hoping it will bring the updated model sooner. B) 

I used to fly heavy metal a lot over the 5 last years. Since I discovered the Duke a few weeks ago, I exclusively fly it. Incredible climb rate, insanely fast cruise speed and near STOL abilities. As long as you gently manage the PT6 engines, you never feel limited by the power and versatility of this bird.

I took off from PAJN at 2pm, oil doors fully open, initial climb at 4000 ft/mn to FL100. Then, in order to spare the 2 PT6, reduced throttle and prop, still climbing at 2500 ft/mn to FL210

TOD above Vancouver Island, APASS3 arrival to CYYJ, and a spectacular approach to runway 27 : too high, too fast, the perfect opportunity for a forward slip approach.

Once landed, after the shutdown checklist, in the calm, dead-silent cockpit, I just thought : WOW. That was a pure flight. No cfg tweaking, no OOM, no compromise, just a pure Flight.

P3D 2.4 + Realair (not only the Dukes), you have to experience it once.

image001.jpg

image002.jpg

image003.jpg

image004.jpg

image005.jpg

image006.jpg

image007.jpg

image008.jpg

image009.jpg

image010.jpg

image011.jpg

image012.jpg

image013.jpg

image014.jpg

image015.jpg

image016.jpg

image017.jpg

image018.jpg

image019.jpg

image020.jpg

image021.jpg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Thank you. I am waiting for the V2 especially for the night flights. This V1 still uses the old FS light system (the infamous light texture that wont light anything).

V2 should bring a modern light system that really lights the environment, just like the non-turbine V2 Duke :

Pg_13_b.jpg

Great shots!

I too am waiting on the Turbine V2!!  I have well over 1000hrs on V1.2!!  :)

Sadly, it's been real quiet on the Realair front since early September.  Hopefully we'll see her soon!!

Yes, I was hoping that version 2 of the Turbine Duke would have been here now......together with the water texture/animation update from REX <_<