Sign in to follow this  
edetroit

Prestwick Extreme released

It is another masterpiece from Gary and well worth having. I usually remove static aircraft from sceneries but these are superb - especially the Royal Navy Seakings and a visiting KC-135. Wow! There's only one little anomaly and it's actually quite funny. Gary has placed a lot of vehicle movement in the scenery and it's excellent. But he included the parking lots. Nothing wrong with that of course except the vehicles move at the same speed as they do on the motorways. Observing it is a bit like watching a go-kart race on steroids! Absolutely irrelevant to the scenery of course, which is fantastic. Those of us with HeliTraffic 2009 from Flight One will want to add plenty of AI helo traffic. As I understand it, there's a lot of North Sea support activity at Gatwick as well as the R.N. rescue base and this will really add some extra liveliness to the scenery

Cheers

Ian

As I understand it, there's a lot of North Sea support activity at Gatwick as well as the R.N. rescue base and this will really add some extra liveliness to the scenery

Gatwick? I'm sure you meant Prestwick! :wink:

Graeme Butler

I am thinking of picking this up as well as his latest version of Heathrow, as there is a sale on right now. Nice to hear the reviews re Prestwick.

Regards,

Joe Esposito

Took the plunge and got both sceneries (EGPK EGLL) and just completed a trip from Prestwick to Heathrow in the new iFly 747. These new add on products take FS9 to a level I always wanted to have and now it's here. As Ian stated above, Prestwick is another first class offering from UK2000. Well worth the cost.

Regards,

Joe Esposito

Today seems to be my day for gaffes. Yes, I did mean Prestwick and not Gatwick, which is another excellent UK2000 product BTW... Maybe it's time to retire! Ooops, I already did...

Ian

:blink:

Those of us with HeliTraffic 2009 from Flight One will want to add plenty of AI helo traffic.
Ah yes... all those other toys are going to have to wait, now... it's going to take a while to assemble the correct AI helo fleet for this. 

Wow, what a beaut. I shall have to amend my wishlist for Christmas, but the wife might put her foot down if I spend even more money and time on simming ...

Hi All,

Prestwick is yet another first class airport from Uk2000 scenery, I have almost every airport from Gary, and I have to say his Forum support is second to none, a great credit to him and the team

An upcoming version 1.1 update will add a row of houses north of the runway (directly opposite the main terminal area), and the large Goodrich industrial building to the north of the runway 12 threshold.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Prestwick is a very impressive looking airport from UK2000. Very well made and detailed.

Prestwick is close to RAF Leuchars. If you want to enhance flying in the area, go to Flightsim.com or the Airfield Construction Group website and download Stephen Legg's wonderful freeware scenery for this iconic RAF base. MAIW has AI packages that will bring it to life. Get two awesome sceneries for the price of one! B)

Meantime, back at Prestwick, a few things needed doing:

1. Find and fix the Alpha - deficient textures (a dozen or so)

2. Add some helipads to the AFD file

3. Turn off the foul RW weather and switch on summer for the screenshots!

It's a somewhat grim little airport, until recently owned by NZ company Infratil, who sold it to the Scottish government for one pound.

t9A5t4.jpg

The statics are good, and provide a good mix with the (very) varied AI visitors.

gx5aZT.jpg

The helos certainly add to the scenery

lcS97r.jpg

Just the ticket, to create a little traffic havoc around the field

n5jt7k.jpg

Despite its mixed fortunes as a commercial field, apparently its real worth is for its huge ATC coverage. 

The UK2000 rendering is quite up to the usual standards.

It's a somewhat grim little airport,

My view entirely and perfectly summed up WingZ.

Ryanair is also slowly abandoning Prestwick as well since the takeover so I've struggled with a purchase decision as it's shortly to become irrelevant as a commercial airport.  Heads or tails?

Love your AI helo's btw.  One day you must show me how to add helipads to the AFCAD rather than just via the HeliTraffic2009 program.   <_<

Tails...  :lol:  along Ian's train of thought, I may add a lot of MAIW to this airport and use it in the Military Sim instead. 

If you use AFX or the freeware ADE, adding a helipad is really as simple as "Insert" "Helipad" - point - "click" save!