Sign in to follow this  
alpilotx

HD Mesh Scenery v3 for X-Plane 10 released

Yikes Tony are you using Photo Scenery ? I honestly don't like that.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Yikes Tony are you using Photo Scenery ? I honestly don't like that.

Yep, it reminds me of the effect you get with ORBX scenery on coastal areas when the wrong texture is draped up the side of a cliff. Once you get off the ground, it's really quite a nice effect. The below shot shows how well HD Mesh v3 works with photoscenery and how even small hills are nicely shown. Above the hill above the village is a great little landing strip which I'm going to model, as it's completely missing from X-Plane :/

image.jpg

@Tony,

So the blending of the coastal regions are not good with the Photo Scenery.

tadah

YhZoA.jpg

Anyone use the Hires Orbit Textures from ISDG ?

So the blending of the coastal regions are not good with the Photo Scenery.

No, I didn't say that, I meant that ORBX have this problem with their textures which wrap up the side of cliffs, etc.. Photoscenery doesn't have this issue because the texture used is obviously what is really there. In the bug I reported about HD Mesh v3, there is a plateau where there isn't one in real-life (just a hill/valley), so the photoscenery has wrapped around the plateau and produced the weird screenshot. Once you get above 500ft you don't notice, but this plateau is right on the end of a runway, so it's noticable, but on the scheme of things it's minor compared to the big improvement it's produced all around.

@ Tony

hi I used the guide I found on this article http://asn-xp.aerosoft.com/?page_id=10098 and I've got the problem that the facades of some buildings are flickering. I've read on some post that OSM Europe and world2xp are mutually exclusive. Do you confirm that and how can I solve the problem?

Greetings

tadah

L0J1n.jpg

EZId.jpg

I have installed Hires Orbit textures and the above screen shots.

can anyone guess where those shots are taken ?

@ Tony

hi I used the guide I found on this article 

Greetings

Raxnor, please post a new topic if you have an issue with W2XP. This article is about HD Mesh v3.

Here you go. Here is how it looks

The location is here https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=18/53.77357/-0.58891. The road, appropriately named "Steep Hill" looks good, however the main road Beverley Road goes vertically straight up. In real life, this is a hill with an airfield on the top "Airey Hill" which isn't in X-Plane unfortunately, known locally as Scarey Hill because of the deceiving approach. However, the hill is much smoother in real life https://www.google.pl/maps/@53.7737461,-0.5890054,3a,75y,60.48h,83.23t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sDuYrJyYHCHgAjxLegej4bw!2e0?hl=pl

Hi Tony,

Well, I can only say (its just a 99% suspicion ... so there might still be a 1$ chance for another reason): you should have known better :wink:

Seriously, if I go to that place,  without any extra airports or other scenery than HD Mesh Scenery v3 (and treelinesand farms) I DO NOT SEE any strange cliffs, plateaus but only - the expected - gentle hills.

And my suspicion is this (and this is a classic - I will add this to my website at one point): you have very likely "runway follows terrain contours" disabled, and thus the little airport on top will flatten the entire land to its configures elevation (which is encoded in its apt.dat info). In this case, X-plane always flattens the entire airport area (inside its boundaries) to this pre-set elevation value ... And this usually results in those "beautiful" plateaus, which are reported by users every now or then.

So, test this ... and let us know what happens :wink:

And my suspicion is this (and this is a classic - I will add this to my website at one point): you have very likely "runway follows terrain contours" disabled, and thus the little airport on top will flatten the entire land to its configures elevation

Well this is embarrassing :rolleyes: . Yes, I'd had it unticked because I'd installed an airfield shortly after HD Mesh v3 and it had a very bumpy runway and then completely forgot I'd unticked it and didn't put 2+2 together. I can happily say, it looks real now

image.jpg

and a great representation of the area it is. Thanks again Andras, and this is one I'll know to check in future, although it would be great if it LR could enable it per airport instead of globally.

Beautiful shots, these surely shows the outstanding work done by Andras and Tony. XPX is looking good indeed!

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

So the hangover is going down but in that time my brains were working very well , But I think I removed those silly beaches

I thought I did but it does not look like. First they didn't show but now they are showing up.

So the hangover is going down but in that time my brains were working very well , But I think I removed those silly beaches :)

My head is still hurting, and I need more water :smile:. Yeah, I added beach exclusions into 0.7.0 by default, as the beaches look bad with photoscenery.

My head is still hurting, and I need more water :smile:. Yeah, I added beach exclusions into 0.7.0 by default, as the beaches look bad with photoscenery.

You don't need more water, you need more alcohol and that will remove the hangover just a couple of drinks and you are normal :lol:

Hey I am talking about that Datarefs it has beaches / kill beaches option. So i put it to 1.0 and I was surprised that those sandy things disappeared but the next fligth they came back.

Yay it works

What dataref is it? You can probably set it permanently using FlyWithLua