Sign in to follow this  
alpilotx

HD Mesh Scenery v3 for X-Plane 10 released

Over at the Org they've noticed that DHT and Peer Exchange on the trackers are disabled so basically they are borked.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Ssh calm down pilots we will get our share

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

AGAIN : please be patient ... I think, the situation might improve over the coming week! Especially now, that its weekend, the admins of the respective sites are likely (understandably!) not working full time on the problems. So, take what you can get and wait cheerfully for more to come down the lines in the coming days ... wink.png

(And don't forget to enjoy what you already have cool.png )

AGAIN : please be patient ... So, take what you can get and wait cheerfully for more to come down the lines in the coming days ... wink.png

(And don't forget to enjoy what you already have cool.png )

Exactly my approach: I downloaded a couple of files for Canada and Alaska and now enjoy it. Europe will come later.

Many happy landings!

Till

IXEG 737 Beta-Tester and First Officer

i7 6700K@4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, Palit GTX 1080 GameRock Premium@2Ghz, Oculus Rift S, ButtKicker
X-Plane 11 latedt version on a Samsung M.2 SSD for speedy loading times

@flying_doc

Same here Vancouver / Juneau great.

Couldn't wait any longer, reinstalled x-plane over night, 57 gigs down on the counter this morning. Doing the same as Ironmaiden and trying some Canada later tonight.

Couldn't wait any longer, reinstalled x-plane over night, 57 gigs down on the counter this morning. Doing the same as Ironmaiden and trying some Canada later tonight.

Why did you reinstall XPX ? 

And download using the web thing and use the isdg.au I am getting amazing speeds for a 700Kbps .

Oh no why did I mention the isdu server :( now it will get choked up lol.

Anyone got Toronto and Calgary ? Would appreciate a few screenies.

Why did I delete my V2 :(

Heres the thing, I meet X-Plane, it was love at first site, a whirlwind relationship, we had everything in common.  Until one day the love slightly fizzled and I thought the Orbtx fields where greener in the distance, So I hooked up with PD3, it was magical at first, then realized, well it wasn't at all.   I love X-Plane again but have A2A Sim as my bit on the side sshhh 

Anyways to make a long story less annoying,  i deleted or corrupted a file in my folder and Belief it or not "I forgot" you could Re-Run the installer to replace bad files.  "nervous laugh"

I deleted or corrupted a file in my folder and Belief it or not "I forgot" you could Re-Run the installer to replace bad files.  "nervous laugh"

My stupid level has reached new levels tonight. 

@poppet

Now you know. Never reinstall XPX :).

To all of you, who are battling with Torrents ... ISDG has updated their torrent files to improve the situation!

Or in Chris K's words:

I have updated the .torrent files being served off the ISDG servers to allow PEX and DHT -- thus if the main tracker goes down, we can still "find each other" using Dynamic Host Lookups and decentralized peering exchange.

http://cdn.isdg.com.au/downloads/xp10_hd_mesh_v3/Torrents/

I have 2 servers @ 1 Gbps/sec seeding the new hashes -- if you load these, do a "force recheck" on all your files, and your Torrent client will only download the parts it's missing.

UPDATE: flightsim.com has now adapted Chris' torrent files ... so, you get the "good" torrent files from everywhere.

While I managed to grab the few tiles I needed the most for my scenery creation right of the bat with "normal" downloads through aerosoft, I am now downloading and seeding a few tiles on my laptop - to help spread them around even faster.

The torrents seem to work really well, and I am downloading these files as fast as my dsl-line will allow.

Jan

Now to Austria :)

Got Calgary and Austria today.

xNBR1.jpg