Sign in to follow this  
addman

Heads up! It's the captainsim annual "everything for 9,99 24h sale"!

If it does happen to pop up again could someone be kind enough to start a new thread i.e 2016 CS sale or some such. I always seem to miss it.

It's up... :)

Wish it was,,,but no, 

Update: I am happily wrong,,it is going to happen. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Wish it was,,,but no, 

Update: I am happily wrong,,it is going to happen.

Right. Didn't mean the sale itself yet anyway, rather the post announing it like it was requested :)

It's up... :)

Thank you I will  not miss it this time around. 

Hi,

I went ahead with the CS707 for FSX...just installed yesterday and seems to be a handful of a bird...was trying to look for some tutorials in pdf format...found some videos on youtube which are quite interesting....just two questions...

1. any idea if there is a decent pdf tutorial flight somewhere on the web

2. how do you navigate this bird - vor to vor or using the ins or couple to FScommander or some other form of fms.

Thanks for any inputs.

Emann

Emann

I've have this bird in my hangar for ages. The panel texturing is not exactly the best, nor are the panel nomenclatures, but it is a fun bird to fly.

• As you have noticed, the only tutorials are on YouTube. It is a fairly easy plane to fly. If you have the CIVA INS system installed, then you may have to watch the YT tutorials.
  • Navigation is simple. You can import an MSFS-created flightplan and then make sure you switch on the Doppler navigation, set the AP to NAV and monitor the track on the Doppler screen, and then make the necessary track changes. Alternatively, you can get the CIVA INS to do the work for you. There is no FMS/FMC so you'd have to as the PF, monitor your flight levels for CL and TOD.

many thanks vc10man....i do not have the INS installed and mainly i was referring to navigation rather then actual vnav profiles....haven't had a look at the manual, may you kindly point me to where i can read this doppler style of navigation...mainly:

importing of msfs FPlan you mean load a fplan in the simulator at start of flight? and,

how do you switch on the window of the doppler screen please?

I presume that this was a main method of navigation during the phase of technology or were most of the 707s equipped with the INS...is the CIVA a hassle to install as I am not the best when coming to tweaking here and there.

Thanks for the headsup and your replies.

If you bought this aircraft, it comes with 3 PDF manuals. Look in your Start menu. Read those, I suggest. Has all the info re:the Doppler, etc you want.