Sign in to follow this  
addman

Heads up! It's the captainsim annual "everything for 9,99 24h sale"!

Hope so, i won't buy anything from them anymore at full price  :hi:

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I'm looking forward to the sale and am torn between the 737, 727, and L1011. Can anyone make a suggestion as to what I should waste my 10 bucks on (I'm using P3D)?

I'm looking at the 727. I have both the 727 and 737 for FSX and they're quite good, but since i moved to P3D i haven't used them anymore and refuse to pay full price when there's really nothing new to them on P3D and CS support is, well, seriously bad.

I read about the L-1011 and it seems to be one of their best aircraft so far. CS is better at building older systems than newer FMC-based aircraft apparently.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

The L1011 would be the best choice IMO. The 727 and 737 have problems here and there, making flying somewhat annoying. The L1011, however, is actually VERY nice to fly- problems are actually pretty hard to find in this one. 

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Saw the title and got excited and then saw the date,,,oh well. 

• Upvote 1

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

I got excited too and then like you saw the date.

However I will take the opportunity to prepare for this years sales event (hopefully) and ask this question:

Is the 727 worth getting as I seem to vaguely remember that an update was made that supposedly fixed most if not all of the known issues with this acft? Is my understanding correct?

Hopefully this year P3D variants will be sale eligible  :dance:

I've had the 727 and the -200 add on for quite a while and it's a great aircraft. Vast majority of the bugs in the early versions of the product are now largely gone. Credit where credit is due, Captain Sim products are (in my opinion) absolutely fantastic for eye candy - very detailed exterior and interior modelling and always make a very faithful visual representation of the real thing. They do I feel fall a little short in systems modelling (or have done in the past anyway), but it is for that reason I feel they excel far more at the older generation analog cockpit aircraft. Their 757 which I also own, I didn't think was all that great. The 727 and the L1011 however are really very good.

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

Talking about the old stuff, I've been tempted by their 707 for years (I am personally a great fan of four engines).

Do you, ladies and gentlemen, think it's fun to fly (considering the possible E9.99 price) and look at (VC), or it does not match today's addon standards any longer?

Their 707 is actually very good in terms of systems and modelling.

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Another vote for the L-1011 which I would say is perhaps their best aircraft. The 737 isn't bad either but the Milviz version is better if you are looking for a little more system accuracy.

Talking about the old stuff, I've been tempted by their 707 for years (I am personally a great fan of four engines).

Do you, ladies and gentlemen, think it's fun to fly (considering the possible E9.99 price) and look at (VC), or it does not match today's addon standards any longer?

I have certainly found the 707 fun to fly. I would agree that it is well modelled both externally and internally and the VC has a very realistic look to it. There is also quite reasonable system replication although don't expect PMDG levels!

Bill

• Upvote 1

Guest JustanotherPilot

Do their addons have dual installers for FSX and P3D V2 or are they separate EULA?

Unfortunately they are separate purchases, I've been waiting for the Prepar3D B777 to be on sale forever. This latest sale is for FSX products only

So they don't have a 707 for P3D?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

So they don't have a 707 for P3D?

No, at least not for now. I loved the plane in FSX and would buy it again for sure.

Peter