Sign in to follow this  
DennisTrident

How to count FSX activation times ?

Here is my situation :

I bought FSX Deluxe Version last year and activated it on my old computer. 

The product was activated successfully. 

Later due to the upgrade of the computer hardware, 

I uninstalled FSX from my old computer and installed it on my new computer, 

which is the current PC I'm using now. 

Now I intend to upgrade my PC from Windows 7 32-bit to Windows 7 64-bit 

due to the limitation of VAS and RAM usage on the 32-bit OS. I need to uninstall 

FSX again and install it back on my PC after the upgrade. 

In such a situation, will my FSX fail to be activated after the upgrade of Windows ?

Anyone can tell me how to count FSX activation times ? Thanks a lot ! 

If I really cannot get any more activation chances after the upgrade, who should I seek 

help from? I'm from Hong Kong. The Microsoft Customer Service Center in Hong Kong 

no longer provides support after-sales service of FSX ...

I don't think it is the number that matters. More the time intervals between each activation. I have reinstalled FSX many times without problem over the years, using the same set of discs. I try to maintain a 6 month interval minimum between each. If you initiate a shorter time interval then you could run into problems. If you are in doubt then leave your upgrade for a bit longer...no real rush is there.

I uninstall and reinstall as a matter of course every 2 years. Takes time but runs so much better afterwards. Time can be your enemy with a complex setup. Especially if you are one of those that cant leave things alone and want to constantly "fiddle". Thus breaking an otherwise sound install.

Arnie....if it ain't broke, don't fix it...

I don't think it is the number that matters. More the time intervals between each activation. I have reinstalled FSX many times without problem over the years, using the same set of discs. I try to maintain a 6 month interval minimum between each. If you initiate a shorter time interval then you could run into problems. If you are in doubt then leave your upgrade for a bit longer...no real rush is there.

I uninstall and reinstall as a matter of course every 2 years. Takes time but runs so much better afterwards. Time can be your enemy with a complex setup. Especially if you are one of those that cant leave things alone and want to constantly "fiddle". Thus breaking an otherwise sound install.

Have you ever upgraded computer hardware over these years ? How many times have you upgraded your PC ?

Don't worry about it.

If the automated activation fails you will have to do a phone activation. Not a big deal.

There is no limit on activations.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

There is a coded limit.

There is also a time re-set to the limit.

There will always be a message if you have activated too much.

The automatic activation will always work.

There is a coded limit.

Which can be reset with a phone call.

There is also a time re-set to the limit.

There will always be a message if you have activated too much.

The automatic activation will always work.

No, it doesn't. In fact I have seen you post that in times when the automatic activation doesn't work FSX can still be activated over the phone.

sigbar.gif

I have activated my FSX probably close to or over 100 times since it was released. It has NEVER been an issue. If the auto activation says you've reached the limit you make a toll free phone call and it's done within a few minutes.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

No, it doesn't. In fact I have seen you post that in times when the automatic activation doesn't work FSX can still be activated over the phone.

Automatic activation = picking up the phone and calling the activation servers, hence the term automatic activation! No human dialogue is necessary as in the case of calling the MS Help Desk!

Automatic activation = picking up the phone and calling the activation servers, hence the term automatic activation! No human dialogue is necessary as in the case of calling the MS Help Desk!

I see your point, to me that is still a manual activation as opposed to entering your key during install.

sigbar.gif

I've installed FSX 50-60 times and never had any problems...

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

gets me  why do so many users  re install fsx so many times,  done it  once in over 12 years  since  due to pc upgrade

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

So ... Should I make a phone call to the U.S. server for activation once the automated activation is failed ? The after-sales service of FSX has no longer been supported by Hong Kong server of Microsoft ...

Don't call anybody or any machine.

Install FSX and put in your registration code to activate.

If this is not successful, please tell us the message you get in FSX during this process.

When FSX was first released You had 2 online activations with a time interval to reset (I believe it was 6 months) If you had to reactivate between that time, you had to do it by phone. I believe at some point, the number of online activations were increased, but I don't remember by how much.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

gets me why do so many users re install fsx so many times, done it once in over 12 years since due to pc upgrade

Yeah really, over 100 times for one guy and 50 to 60 times for the other. Since 2008 I've installed twice, first time on a rig that lasted 4 years then 2 years ago on a new rig. I can't imagine installing it so often, especially with the amount of addons I run. My second install took me almost a month working on it a few hours a day after work just because of all my 3rd party content.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator