Sign in to follow this  
roland_lfor

Another radar gauge for VC & Window usage

Ok, so you have to find which line(s) is (are) linked to the Avidyne device.

I suggest to comment out the 3 lines with 'EX500', and add the Wx radar line as:

Check if nothing else is disabled in your original cockpit, check if the Avidyne is definitly Off.

Verify the Wx radar is working - i.e. you should see at least:  range arcs, blue labels, and beam animation.

Then you may need to adjust coordinate and size 0,  0, 513,409 to fill perfectly the Avidyne glass area.

Once everything is fine, remove |starton from declaration and search for the 4 clic spots locations as they may move depending on the aircraft cockpit design.

Tips you can modify the panel.cfg without need to quit Fsx/P3d: you just have to reload the aircraft after modification/save :smile:

Thanks

Here is the result of replacing the gauge without changing any coordinates

wmLb3PN.jpg

The clickspots are there my mouse changes when moving over the gauge, but I cannot click anything, nothing happens.

You just have to use the mouse wheel over clic spots.

I think you need to move the corner right down and decrease the size also. You are supposed to see 4 range arcs.

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

You just have to use the mouse wheel over clic spots.

I think you need to move the corner right down and decrease the size also. You are supposed to see 4 range arcs.

I am a newbie with this, which numbers do I change?

Ok, you have 4 numbers:

- the 2 first are the x and y coordinates of the up/left gauge corner. X goes from left to right and y goes from high to low

- 3rd and 4th give the x size and y size counted from the up/left corner.

You can try with 20, 20, 450, 350 for example and see what happen.

Hope it's clear.

Roland

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

Has anyone gotten the gauge to work with P3d V3? I have it working and the click spot  pointers change, but clicking them does nothing in any quadrant.

Jay,

I'm using it in v3 but only from Gps buttons (in A2A aircrafts) and in the Q400, so I can't tell.

But it seems strange that it does not work anymore from click spots.

Of course you remember you have to use the middle mouse wheel and not the click buttons?  :smile:

Roland

When did that change? Let me try it. The regular mouse button always worked previously.

I think that I misunderstood how to use it. I used to use the mouse wheel and then click the mouse button, but obviously the latter was doing nothing.  :Doh: But it still isn't working for me. I'm going to try a few more aircraft.

Actually you can use mouse click only with the pop-up shell version over static buttons. (Range+/range-)

But I assume you are speaking of the VC integration (oRadGauge).

Roland

Keep in mind that I have been using the 2nd Flight1 GTN gauge as the frame for the radar gauge. I wonder if there's something different about the implementation of the Garmin GTN in P3d V3? The VC version is replaced with the radar gauge entry, but the popup 2nd GTN still works.

Jay,

I'm using it in v3 but only from Gps buttons (in A2A aircrafts) and in the Q400, so I can't tell.

But it seems strange that it does not work anymore from click spots.

Of course you remember you have to use the middle mouse wheel and not the click buttons?  :smile:

Roland, you are saying that you use it in Prepar3D V3. I just copied the dll into the gauges folder and get a CTD upon start of the sim. ASN is updated to the latest SP4 but as the crash happens with and without ASN active I wonder if this matters. 

Hans

Just an idea: did you tried with and without "mipmap panel" option?

Roland,

Thanks. I didn't have to do so. I uninstalled and reinstalled the GTN unit and now your gauge's click spots work. I have no idea why that helped.

Roland, you are saying that you use it in Prepar3D V3. I just copied the dll into the gauges folder and get a CTD upon start of the sim. ASN is updated to the latest SP4 but as the crash happens with and without ASN active I wonder if this matters. 

Sure, v3 is the only version still installed on my computer. However I declared an second external "Gauges" directory outside of P3D root as recommended by LM. But I used the radar gauge from both locations without problem.

If you did not declared the gauge in a panel.cfg and don't load the related aircraft, I'm quite sure the dll cannot make the sim to crash ever.

About ASN, I think I have the SP3 + the preliminary patch for v3, I don't think I have a SP4. Did you patch SP4 at the same time you installed my gauge?

Can you try to disable both ASN components from DLL.xml and EXE.xml and restest?

I have to check which ASN version I have currently (tonight). I have read somewhere that the last ASN patch is not working.

Roland