Sign in to follow this  
roland_lfor

Another radar gauge for VC & Window usage

Hello,

I have the same issue mention some pages before...

I only have a transparent grey window without any picture.

The clickspots are working but i can't see any picture.

The vcredist for x86 system is installed on my system, I am using Win 7 Pro x64.

ASN is connected with P3Dv3.

I hope you can help me!

Thank you very much in advance!

Matthias

Kind regards, Matthias
My System: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080S, Win11 Pro, MSFS+Prepar3Dv5.3
My photosceneries at the FSXForum and FSDeveloper

A32X_Cockpit.pngbanner_onboard1pfhr.png

Hi,

please read carefully the documentation and the previous posts in this thread. I think all cases have been solved without gauge modification, as it was always a bad implementation.

What I would suggest:

- double check the VC redistribution is VC2013 x86

- make the declaration with the window popup model: "ShellRadgauge" (see the doc)

- add the "starton" option in the gauge declaration (end of line)

- Launch the sim, aircraft, open the gauge window popup

1) if you see the dotted range arcs, the gauge is working.

2) If Not (and all installation pre-requisite have been double checked) then most probably your gauge declaration in the panel.cfg is wrong

3) if you see the blue label "radar not connected " on screen, then the problem is with your ASN installation

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

Roland,

Thanks for this cool wxr gauge.  it's working fine on the carenado pc12.  here in dallas we're getting some nasty storms and shows up on the wxr gauge quite well.  vc gauge reflection has to be off for the softkeys to work.

[Vcockpit04]
Background_color=0,0,0 
size_mm=512,512
visible=0
pixel_size=512,512
texture=$Panel_4

//gauge00=EX500_PC12!EX500_config,       0,  0,   1,  1
//gauge01=EX500_PC12!EX500_3D,           0,  0, 513,409

gauge00=RolASNRadar!ORadGauge, 99, 70, 314, 251, sweep|icing

//gauge02=EX500_PC12!EX500_Update,       0,  0,   1,  1
//gauge03=PC12CAR!ToggleCARG500,         0,  0, 513, 32

pc12_wxr_1.jpgpc12_wxr_2.jpg

One suggestion if you're planning on modifying it: could you place the soft keys where the readouts are located?  so if adjusting the tilt, place cursor over the tilt number and scroll the mouse wheel, etc.  

another one, carenado pa46 malibu mirage

[Vcockpit02]
Background_color=0,0,0 
size_mm=1024,1024
visible=0
pixel_size=1024,1024
texture=$Panel_2

//gauge00=WX_Gauge_3D_P46350P!WXGauge,  9,9,492,309
gauge00=RolASNRadar!ORadGauge, 131, 60, 254, 202, sweep|icing

pa46mm_wxr.jpg

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback and for posting your settings!

About your request - click spot positions - it's a good idea but I'm afraid it's not possible:

The reason is window coordinates origin is up/left [0,0]. As each aircraft case needs a different gauge size, the readout labels move with. It would take a positioning value in % of width and height and I don't think it's possible with the SDK.

I'm using MOUSE_CHILD_FUNCT( x, y, w, h, cursor, mouse_flags, function )

Roland

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback and for posting your settings!

About your request - click spot positions - it's a good idea but I'm afraid it's not possible:

The reason is window coordinates origin is up/left [0,0]. As each aircraft case needs a different gauge size, the readout labels move with. It would take a positioning value in % of width and height and I don't think it's possible with the SDK.

I'm using MOUSE_CHILD_FUNCT( x, y, w, h, cursor, mouse_flags, function )

I've done some simple xml mods in the past so not an expert on coding gauges. 

looking around, there's a way to get the mouse position relative to the displayed size,

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/ppixpoint-relative_point-in-c-mouse-callback-functions.9460/

maybe this helps?

thanks again for your cool gauge.

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

I have tried to install this nice weather radar to Carenado Pilatus PC12 both to VC and pop up window  but I’m getting only black screens. I have followed the instructions given in noticeEN file and here. Could it be an issue that I’m running ASN via Simconnect from another computer than P3D V3?

Hi, 

I'm just discover this post and great gauge!

Thanks for your outstanding work Roland & happy new year!

Finally, is some one manage to make this great gauge working in the MD-11?

thanks a lot

Fabian Fuchs  belgium-flag-waving-emoticon-animated.gi

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

@Fuchs

Thanks and happy new year also. Sorry you missed the thread since a year (I don't post anymore on PV forum...)

The gauge will work as a pop-up (Shell model) in any aircraft. But if you want to insert it in the MD11 VC, that's another story.

@AaliGee

Remember you CAN'T declare twice the gauge in a single panel.cfg, and:

What I would suggest:
- double check the VC redistribution is VC2013 x86
- make the declaration with the window popup model: "ShellRadgauge" (see the doc)
- add the "starton" option in the gauge declaration (end of line)
- Launch the sim, aircraft, open the gauge window popup

1) if you see the dotted range arcs, the gauge is working.
2) If Not (and all installation pre-requisite have been double checked) then most probably your gauge declaration in the panel.cfg is wrong
3) if you see the blue label "radar not connected " on screen, then the problem is with your ASN installation

Roland

Hi, Roland! Sorry about my english!

Can you help with integration your gauge into flysimware C441?

I`ve tried like in this post . It`s work fine in MU-2B, but not in C441 !

Please ask in the Flysimware sub-forum: someone with a functionnal configuration should definitely share its panel.cfg with the community.

A shame that flightsimware gives a wrong panel.cfg model to insert my gauge and I'm tired to assume their after sale job for every single user  :fool:  (and I don't own any of their aircraft)

Roland

Dear Roland after using extensively your excellent gauge I have found only one problem regarding the Bendix standalone radar gauge.

When at night environment the lighting goes down, the gauge gets very dark.

You can still see the radar returns but they are unusually dark.

Especially the dark blue text inside it (Range, Tilt etc.) ger really really dark making them unreadable.

Is there any chance these could become brighter or another color for night use ?

Also, the Bendix casing unit has a grey-yellow color which is steady at both DAY and NIGHT environments.

Would it be possible to make it GREY for day time at least ?

This is where and how I use it.

You can see the difference in colors from the GREY panel around it !

The aircraft is the FlightSimLabs Concorde-X.

zNEGBnT.jpg

Hellenic vACC - Olympic Aegean Virtual

Prepar3D 5.3 | CPU i9 10900K | VGA: RTX 3070 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | Monitor: 3440x1440

Hi,

It's funny to see how you are using the gauge, in a way I never thaught :P

First some information:

- There is no handling of day/night conditions in the gauge code. The dynamic display intensity is constant (glass area with rain echoes and params labels in blue).

- The Bendix shell bitmap is unique, so the same bitmap is displayed during night and day as well, no variation.

- The Bendix Shell is basically intended to be used as a pop-up window (2D standalone), not in a VC, but you are not the first one to do it, funny.

- As the Bendix shell is supposed to be used as a pop-up window, and the gauge is not linked to a single aircraft model, you can easily imagine that I can't change the color for each user request.

Thus said:

- I don't own the Concorde, but if the original panel behind is the real radar (but inactive), you should keep its shell and use a oRadGauge instead of a ShellRadGauge model. you should be able to drive parameters from mouse wheel.

- The intensity variation you see is probably driven by the Concorde itself.

Roland