Sign in to follow this  
HLJames

The AVSIM Screen Shots Forum > Where is your 777 Now? (Part 5)

Pulled the ol paint brush out again. Early look at my next paint.

C-FNNW01.jpg

Looking great John!

Looks like we both have a few 777 paints left in us.  :wink:   Can't wait to throw some paint at the 747!

Was looking at your facebook page and had no idea you started painting with PaintShop Pro, like I did way back when.  I started on version 6, now painting on the 64bit version, which is a vast improvement over the older, 32bit versions (can even open the monster 777 paintkit) 

I have an old version of Photoshop that I try every so often, but it seems too different for me to be as efficient as I am in Paintshop.  

Maybe someday I'll force myself to paint an entire plane using it...but old habits are hard to break.

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Looking great John!

Looks like we both have a few 777 paints left in us.  :wink:   Can't wait to throw some paint at the 747!

Was looking at your facebook page and had no idea you started painting with PaintShop Pro, like I did way back when.  I started on version 6, now painting on the 64bit version, which is a vast improvement over the older, 32bit versions (can even open the monster 777 paintkit) 

I have an old version of Photoshop that I try every so often, but it seems too different for me to be as efficient as I am in Paintshop.  

Maybe someday I'll force myself to paint an entire plane using it...but old habits are hard to break.

Thanks buddy. It's been a while between paints. I had been working on bump/spec maps, but they're boring.. Someone sent me a request on FB asking to do an ACA bird.

heh, it doesn't seem like all that long ago I started with PSP 5. I've been using Photoshop the last few months, it's all I use now. I'm finally able to make use of it. I haven't touched PSP since. Break the habit, Photoshop is a lot easier once you get used to things!

Cheers,

John Tavendale
Textures by Tavers - https://www.facebook.com/texturesbytavers

Thanks buddy. It's been a while between paints. I had been working on bump/spec maps, but they're boring.. Someone sent me a request on FB asking to do an ACA bird.

heh, it doesn't seem like all that long ago I started with PSP 5. I've been using Photoshop the last few months, it's all I use now. I'm finally able to make use of it. I haven't touched PSP since. Break the habit, Photoshop is a lot easier once you get used to things!

Will have to give Photshop a shot..I such an old version though I think it may be tough to work with because of that....what version are you working with, and isn't it incredibly expensive?

Meanwhile, just got this uploaded to the library....

sKfV5j.jpg

NaN4Xs.jpg

LtrBRe.jpg

NyWYj1.jpg

WZWz0Q.jpg

w8vI8l.jpg

Now to work on my other new green (and red) freighter....

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Looking good Steve!

A preview of the stubby one..

Like the stubby one better.....to me the 300 looks too long....maybe I fly the freighter too much and like its shape, but the 200 & F just appeal to my sense of visual balance.

Now...the 727... I thought the 200 was perfect whereas the base 100 looked stubby to me.

Hey maybe that's why they skipped the 100 on the 757 on up? Hehe.

Great looking paint regardless John.

C-FNND02.jpg

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Looking good Steve!

A preview of the stubby one..

Like the stubby one better.....to me the 300 looks too long....maybe I fly the freighter too much and like its shape, but the 200 & F just appeal to my sense of visual balance.

Now...the 727... I thought the 200 was perfect whereas the base 100 looked stubby to me.

Hey maybe that's why they skipped the 100 on the 757 on up? Hehe.

Great looking paint regardless John.

I really like the 77W personally. It's always funny after spending hours looking at the 77W going back to the 77L. I think the 200 is nicely balanced. I've finished my Air Canada 77L - now it's time for another North American 77L :D

Cheers,

John Tavendale
Textures by Tavers - https://www.facebook.com/texturesbytavers

I really like the 77W personally. It's always funny after spending hours looking at the 77W going back to the 77L. I think the 200 is nicely balanced. I've finished my Air Canada 77L - now it's time for another North American 77L :D

Awesome John!  Can't wait to see the next bird out of your paint hangar.  My Evergreen got kicked back again...forgot to add the readme.txt. :blush:

Just re-uploaded...again...should post OK this time.  I'm getting old....(and paints are too far between)...need a checklist of things to do to prepare an upload, hehe.

I'm engrossed in searching for a new PC at the moment....not a lot of time to paint.  My old Asus G53 has been a workhorse all these years, but I need (read:want) a new desktop with all the bells/whistles so I can enjoy flightsim.  I also what to make it a FSX:SE only box (may co-share P3d if I ever get it), and not have to worry about any dual FSX:MS/FSX:SE issues.

Then install the PMDG fresh in the SE version and see where it takes us.  :ph34r:

Hey Chris, I'm feeling green alright...like I'm about to lose a lot of it on this new system!  :blink:  Hehe.  One side benefit is that I could actually paint on my laptop WHILE I'm flying long haul somewhere....maximize my time, at least that's how I'm justifying the purchase, LOL.

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Hey Chris, I'm feeling green alright...like I'm about to lose a lot of it on this new system! Hehe. One side benefit is that I could actually paint on my laptop WHILE I'm flying long haul somewhere....maximize my time, at least that's how I'm justifying the purchase, LOL.

I hear ya Steve.  Like you, I also fly with a laptop(Asus G74), but plan to get a high horsepower gaming desktop one of these days.  I'm laying on the sidelines for awhile to see how everything shakes out (I think I said that a year ago too :lol: )  Curious to know more about FSX Steam.  I didn't really think there was much changed from the disc version, but I've seen posts with some saying they see a nice performance increase.

Looking forward to more shots of the Emery freighter :rolleyes:

Chris Sunseri

I hear ya Steve. Like you, I also fly with a laptop(Asus G74), but plan to get a high horsepower gaming desktop one of these days. I'm laying on the sidelines for awhile to see how everything shakes out (I think I said that a year ago too :lol: ) Curious to know more about FSX Steam. I didn't really think there was much changed from the disc version, but I've seen posts with some saying they see a nice performance increase.

Looking forward to more shots of the Emery freighter :rolleyes:

From what I've been reading about MSX:SE, it seems to handle VAS much better...which as you know... our beloved 777 eats VAS like its engines eat atmosphere, hehe.

I'll work on Emery tis week...again I'd be done with here if it weren't for lines...this time tryin to line up with tail just right.

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Great looking paints, Steve...unfortunately I can't participate since I don't own the PMDG bird.

Darryl 

Great looking paints, Steve...unfortunately I can't participate since I don't own the PMDG bird.

Hey Darryl,

She's a great bird and I would think based on your screen name, you'd surely have her.  :lol:

No worries, I love your Airbus screenshots, she's a great bird too (I like flying her as well)

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Thats right Darry....wait for the Boeing 787...It's high cruising speed and high rate of climb and heads up display will send the 777 into history!

HLJAMES

Quick hop from Karachi - Riyadh...Quite a few pics...Enjoy.

img

img

img

img

img

img

img

img

img

img

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.