Sign in to follow this  
CarlosF

10.32r1 is out...

go get it!

Release notes:

Fixed in 10.32r1:

• GNS map settings on the new GPS-units are now persistent per unit between X-Plane sessions
  • Fixed waypoint ID autocompletion not working after direct-to on new GPS
  • Added airports from the X-Plane airport scenery database to the new GPS – this allows for selection of small and grass airfields that have no instrument procedures
  • Fixed depiction of airports with soft/gravel/grass runways on the new GPS
  • Fixed avionics fan and warning systems working without electrical power
  • Fixed ATIS text-to-speech audible without electrical power
  • Fix crashes of ATC/AI system at airports near seaplane bases (notably PANC)
  • Fix crashes of ATC/AI system at airports with broken taxi networks
  • Fixed AI being unable to taxi some taildraggers or planes with swivelling nose wheel
  • Fixed AI being unable to restart engines after flameout
  • Fix crashes when spawning AI aircraft near water
  • Fixed unwanted repositioning after loading a different aircraft through a situation file
  • Fixed special situations (glider winch, tow) starting at the wrong airport after loading a situation file
  • Fixed loading glider winch from a situation file
  • Fixed unwanted repositioning when loading a new plane (runway selection is memorized now)
  • Fixed LOD settings for time demo – this fixes wrong benchmark results with nVidia hardware
  • Fixed crash with autogen buildings with more than 255 floors
  • Changes to navaids through the local map can now be permanently saved from there
  • Fixed glowing selection on Quick Flight window not working reliably
  • Improved simulation of engine start on fuel-injected recip engines. Now the typical “Lycoming” start procedure using the boost pump to prime and crank the engine with the mixture closed can be used to start an engine.
  • Added dataref sim/flightmodel2/engines/engine_fuel_in_intake float[8] to observe priming
  • Improved simulation of glider launch by a winch: The physical model of the winch now has a limited power output defined by cable speed and pulling force which is more realistic than an indefinitely strong winch
  • Added dataref sim/world/winch/winch_max_bhp float to set the maximum available winch power. Note that this is power at the cable, behind the wheel and all the transmissions and clutches, so it will be a lot lower than the raw engine power the winch is marketed with!
  • Added roll stabilization in the initial phase of the winch launch – that simulates the helpers running with your wingtips on the first few meters
  • Added an audio feedback on tow cable release (thanks to R.C. Simulations for providing the sound file)
  • Corrected groundspeed data-output to take pitch angle into account
  • Fixed data-input of brakes not working
  • Allow override of toe-brakes by plugin/data-input when no rudder pedal hardware is attached
  • Fixed replay of planes with fixed gear
  • Several improvements in ADSB-output for apps like X-Avion, Foreflight, FlyQ, WingX Pro, etc..
  • Support for the latest version of X-Avion
  • Fixed altitude datarefs of other planes not working in multiplayer mode
  • List of datarefs cleaned up a bit – more explanations added and typos fixed
  • New codesigned apps to work with Gatekeeper on OSX 10.9.5 and newer
  • Removed integral padding warnings from Log

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

I've searched and searched but I just can't see the word "visibility" in that list. :-/

Just gotta keep hoping and praying I guess.

I've searched and searched but I just can't see the word "visibility" in that list. :-/

Just gotta keep hoping and praying I guess.

Right now it looks like fixes for Yosemite will go into X-Plane 10.35 and improved DSF loading and longer DSF visibility will go into X-Plane 10.40 if the code is solid enough.

Boy it's a good thing I've grown to ignore those blurry textures because they keep getting pushed back.

Joseph Catino

I'm going to wait as I don't feel like having my addon textures overwrote again.

It would be nice to have some nice adds that we all know is needed, but they must fix what has already been introduced. I do understand that. 

What is really needed are the communications from them as to "whats on the horizon" and how far away the horizon is. If they do not comm 

that, then they probably have no intent to add anything of significance. That's how I am feeling it.

Bob

What is really needed are the communications from them as to "whats on the horizon" and how far away the horizon is.

Regarding visibility, Ben said in a comment:

Here’s what I will say about changes to fog and visibility:

I’m not going to comment further on them or post pictures until at least 10.40 because this stuff isn’t going in until at least 10.40, and I literally haven’t looked at it since before 10.30.

The code is sitting on a GIT branch waiting for me to pick it back up again. Before I put it down alpilotx did run with the code and it seemed to mostly work, so that was good.

The branch with vis changes includes changes to the fog algorithm (at least to reduce artifacts), better threaded DSF loading and optionally 12 DSFs. So it’s complicated enough that it needs to go into a major patch.

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

10.32 doesn't look very interesting, just some minor fixes.

I'll probably end up usign the old visibility setting anyway unless the performance hit is negligible. But then I fly mostly GA pistons at 10,000 feet or lower. I think they've already tweaked the haze/colors a bit because the transition to low-detail scenery doesn't look as abrupt now as it used to.

10.35 looks interesting as it will bring a lot of airports that have been rotting away at the Gateway into the sim.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

I'm going to wait as I don't feel like having my addon textures overwrote again.

why would an update do this? i have a lot of customs scenery and mesh, should i be careful?