Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[08JAN15] Updated P3D Development Information

How much time taking normally a beta test phase?

With PMDG it's always "soon" + 3 month, Not longer, not shorter.

:P  ^_^

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thats a joke...?

Sorta.  Beta testing always takes longer than expected, but that's true of all software development.  As an engineer I advised my clients they had three options: 1) Quick  2)Cheap 3)Quality but they could only chose two out of three.  PMDG's market strategy is focused on quality at a reasonable price, you don't get quick.

Dan Downs KCRP

That's a perfect answer.  PMDG is very meticulous in everything they do, which is why they're one of, if not, the best in developing aircraft.   PMDG's new products will be great once released.  Everyone just has to be a little patient.

I agree, it's always the ones who are crying for the release are crying soon after when the bugs are included for free too :).

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

I agree, it's always the ones who are crying for the release are crying soon after when the bugs are included for free too :).

It's not a bug. It's a feature.  :ph34r:

Philipp Schwaegerl

Some main-stream developers (not in flight sim)  solved many bugs by classifying them as PSRs - Permanent Software Restrications - or something similar..

So i've been using P3D V2 for about 2 weeks now and I have to say i'm hooked. Just the thought of having to open FSX makes me cringe now! I never really managed to get my FPS levels high enough in FSX and P3D was a breath of fresh air for me. On top of that the visuals and lighting are simply spectacular. I'm currently flying some small GA planes and the Dash 8 around some add-on airports and it just looks and feels amazing. It's fair to assume that PMDG's add-ons will be well worth the wait and price once they come out for that platform.

I'm currently flying some small GA planes and the Dash 8 around some add-on airports and it just looks and feels amazing.

Small GA A/Cs and the MJC8 Q400 (?) are for sure smooth on frame rates...

The P3D-T7 beta-report of Carl (see link below) is quite promising though...

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/460960-shadows-at-play-magic-at-work-and-a-smile-on-my-face/#entry3165745

I've got a dozen B77X flights in P3D now and at first there is a learning curve finding the best settings to use for my system. That took about three flights, but since then I've enjoyed the new platform very much and presume that I am already in the transition from FSX to P3D.  Of course the lighting effects are spectacular but depending on your system must be dialed back a little and taken in moderation.  My last flight was from FSDT KIAH to Fly Tampa OMDB 14 hrs using ASN and never had to worry about VAS (I always watch it anyway with Process Explorer).  I am really excited to see the NGX and JS41 come aboard in the future.

Dan Downs KCRP

I've got a dozen B77X flights in P3D now and at first there is a learning curve finding the best settings to use for my system. That took about three flights, but since then I've enjoyed the new platform very much and presume that I am already in the transition from FSX to P3D.  Of course the lighting effects are spectacular but depending on your system must be dialed back a little and taken in moderation.  My last flight was from FSDT KIAH to Fly Tampa OMDB 14 hrs using ASN and never had to worry about VAS (I always watch it anyway with Process Explorer).  I am really excited to see the NGX and JS41 come aboard in the future.

Now I'm a litte bit jealous. I too want to fly this beauty.. :/

Philipp Schwaegerl

Small GA A/Cs and the MJC8 Q400 (?) are for sure smooth on frame rates...

The P3D-T7 beta-report of Carl (see link below) is quite promising though...

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/460960-shadows-at-play-magic-at-work-and-a-smile-on-my-face/#entry3165745

True. However the Dash 8 sitting in T2G's OTHH in P3D is a lot smoother than the same scenario in FSX. Considering all my sliders all set to full in P3D im getting nice frames. I think its just a matter of personal preference, hardware etc. What works for someone might not work for someone else. Just haven't managed to tweak FSX to work as well as others have so P3D is a logical choice for me. Might not be the case for someone else.

(and yes its the MJC Q400)