Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[08JAN15] Updated P3D Development Information

We will not offer a bundle license. RSR has alluded to a promotional offer to change licenses, but it seems as if people must be reminded constantly here: these are two separate platforms, aimed at separate user groups, for separate reasons. P3D is not "Replacement FSX."

"We are currently evaluating offering promotional pricing for users who wish to change platforms, but the details of this offer are still being evaluated and the program will be offered for a very limited period of time."

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/459512-08jan15-updated-p3d-development-information/?p=3151614#entry3151614

Hi Kyle,

One more question in regards to the license swap offer' mybe the Capt. Can put some light on. If I own the FSX license now, and swap to P3D, does that mean my FSX license will be void? And if so' will there be an option to keep both licenses valid, except a full priced P3D version?

Kind regards

Very interesting topic. I have further question, is the common PMDG 777 FSX version the same like it will be published for P3D, or is it the same just for another simulator ?

Or does the P3D airplane have additional features, what was not possible to implement into FSX?

I think i had read something longer time ago, but i´m not so sure about that anymore.

Thanks for further informations :lol:

Kind regards!

Any news?

When news is released, it's posted in its own thread and stickeyed as this post is.

Kyle Rodgers

Extremely excited about p3d 64bit.

But i have a question, now i own the pmdg 777 200 300 and 737ngx for fsx. Now will i be able to use it in p3d 64bit or if i have read correctly i will need to buy the aircraft again to use it in p3d 64bit if that is the case. Thay it is absolutely absurd!!!!!!

my question was referring to when p3d does release it.

No one yet knows when Lockheed Martin will relase a 64-bir Prepar3D -  nor even if.

Extremely excited about p3d 64bit.

But i have a question, now i own the pmdg 777 200 300 and 737ngx for fsx. Now will i be able to use it in p3d 64bit or if i have read correctly i will need to buy the aircraft again to use it in p3d 64bit if that is the case. Thay it is absolutely absurd!!!!!!

You can either pay a fee for the licence change, (for a limited time), or pay a higher price for a new licence for Prepar3d. It all depends on the price whether I will do this. I reality, you can only use one sim at a time. the advantage of Prepar3D is also a disadvantage, where you will spend a bit of time after every upgrade to reinstall the application, or stay with a "static" FSX.

If and when P3D ports to 64-bit, as far as I understand it, there will be no charge if you already have the 32bit version of the P3D PMDG products.

There are advantages and disadvantages to both programs.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Unless of course fsx steam is released in 64bit

Thats like finding a sea with a beautiful beach on the moon, it just won't ever happen. DT aren't developing for FSX SE, they are just reselling it, some fixes are being released, but nothing major.