Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[08JAN15] Updated P3D Development Information

I'm still here and I'm not going anywhere

Who asked you to go?

. I'm here for the laughs

Laughing at your own jokes, you sound like great craic.

when you guys start complaining

Who's complaining, maybe you got lost hun.

yeah I like to laugh at my own jokes lol.

Why

No one is complaining yet but just wait until the 777 is released. The p3d and PMDG forums will be filled with users crying about oom because of the 777. Mark my words. You'll be crying too lol

No I wont. I'm surprised you got through the age restriction on the site, I think it's about 13.

Gents (and Lady),

Keep it on topic, please, and sign your posts per the forum rule. Denmark (a Scandinavian country, and part of my ancestry) may have been rated the country with the happiest people, but that doesn't mean they can't go to the polar opposite when provoked.

Don't poke the sick, jetlagged, mod. It won't end well...be nice and play by the rules, please  :BigGrin:

Kyle Rodgers

Gents (and Lady),

Keep it on topic, please, and sign your posts per the forum rule. Denmark (a Scandinavian country, and part of my ancestry) may have been rated the country with the happiest people, but that doesn't mean they can't go to the polar opposite when provoked.

Don't poke the sick, jetlagged, mod. It won't end well...be nice and play by the rules, please  :BigGrin:

+1

Henning Vehring

Gents (and Lady),

Hope the "NyQuil" didn't mess you up too much!

Hope the "NyQuil" didn't mess you up too much!

It's claimed to be non-drowsy, and while I'm awake, I don't feel "all there" if you know what I'm saying...

Kyle Rodgers

I really hope that PMDG will offer a bundle : Dual license option for the P3D/ FSX hopper.

Claude Desrosiers

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

I really hope that PMDG will offer a bundle : Dual license option for the P3D/ FSX hopper.

We will not offer a bundle license. RSR has alluded to a promotional offer to change licenses, but it seems as if people must be reminded constantly here: these are two separate platforms, aimed at separate user groups, for separate reasons. P3D is not "Replacement FSX."

"We are currently evaluating offering promotional pricing for users who wish to change platforms, but the details of this offer are still being evaluated and the program will be offered for a very limited period of time."

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/459512-08jan15-updated-p3d-development-information/?p=3151614#entry3151614

Kyle Rodgers

We will not offer a bundle license. RSR has alluded to a promotional offer to change licenses, but it seems as if people must be reminded constantly here: these are two separate platforms, aimed at separate user groups, for separate reasons. P3D is not "Replacement FSX."

"We are currently evaluating offering promotional pricing for users who wish to change platforms, but the details of this offer are still being evaluated and the program will be offered for a very limited period of time."

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/459512-08jan15-updated-p3d-development-information/?p=3151614#entry3151614

Thanks for the response Kyle. I understand it does make sense from a business stand point of view. It doesn't seem to make sense from a consumer side. I am looking into buying my first PMDG product and I am torn apart. I am sure its probably a much easier decision for existing PDMG consumer to do an upgrade if they wish to do the hop. Now I have to make a decision, Do I take the chance on the OOM FSX edition or buy it for P3D hoping It will be better. I will have to wait for the P3D version to come out before I can make an clear assessment.

Claude Desrosiers.

Do I take the chance on the OOM FSX edition or buy it for P3D hoping It will be better.

The decision really isn't that simple. As I mentioned, they're two different sims, meant for two completely different purposes. I know a lot of people think P3D is just an enhanced FSX, but it's really not.

The litmus test that I like to use is this:

Do you currently use ESP?

-Yes - move to P3D.

-No - continue using FSX or FSX:SE.

...otherwise, you're probably using it outside of valid uses.

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks for the response Kyle. I understand it does make sense from a business stand point of view. It doesn't seem to make sense from a consumer side. I am looking into buying my first PMDG product and I am torn apart. I am sure its probably a much easier decision for existing PDMG consumer to do an upgrade if they wish to do the hop. Now I have to make a decision, Do I take the chance on the OOM FSX edition or buy it for P3D hoping It will be better. I will have to wait for the P3D version to come out before I can make an clear assessment.

Claude Desrosiers.

as far as oom goes p3d is no different than fsx. As a matter of fact depending on the settings you will run oom faster in p3d. If you really want to run the 777 in p3d you will just have to adjust your settings accordingly.

Pierre Walker

If you really want to run the 777 in p3d you will just have to adjust your settings accordingly.

I am also seeing some kind of "FSXifying" P3D's eye candy for the time P3D still being 32bit. :wacko:

But on the other hand the question may be asked if "going pro" should also "imply" some kind of usability guarantee. 

Or expressed less obscured: OOMs of the FS should be a thing of the past when e.g. working on abnormal procedure checklists in training/education environments...

At least the sim should not crash until the A/C is held successfully in the air. :unsure: 

Man that licensing price is a bit high

http://www.precisionmanuals.com/ProductCart/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=25

p3d_777LRF_thumb.jpg
Price $350,000,000.00

PMDG 777-200LR/F BASE PACKAGE for Lockheed Martin's Prepar3d.
DOWNLOAD DELIVERY ONLY!.
INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED TO INSTALL.

Digitally delivered products are not refundable!

Lol....

Claude Desrosiers

Bit greedy guys no?

Discount if we buy both?

Quote from Leeham News and Comment:

http://leehamnews.com/2015/01/20/odds-and-ends-bbds-sheridan-to-nordic-united-and-777s/

"Two market sources familiar with the deal say United will get the airplanes for around $130m, a sharp discount to the normal discounted price of around $150m."

P.S. (I hope it is OK to include the quote along with the link, if not please delete).

Waleed N

Wow, every 4 days someone is joking about the P3D 777 prices on the PMDG store site.

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------