Sign in to follow this  
autogyro

Further Engine ITT adjustments

Hawkdsl thankyou for the iexpress, the SDK has also a cabdir.exe to make .cab files.

autogyro I tested the .8 and all works as advertised!! great work, thankyou

PS: now I am flying at  cruise and noticed that Batt amps is 0 on both batt indicators on the top panel, but also is 0 on both Gen on the the lower panel. shoul not this be the total amp consumption from the Gens a, as the AC is drawing on them to run...Batt shows 0 28 on both and Gen 0 28 on both.

Jorge

autogyro also noted that from cold/dark when you press Starter to start the engine there is no current increase...

!!!!!!!!!!Correction my coment previous to 0 amps during flight are INCORRECT    sorry... my mistake

Jorge

The gen amps on the EIS does go to zero when batteries are charged, I can change that to always display genamps.

Yeah I can put something in for the starter amps. It'll be visual only but then most of the amp indications are because of the way the batteries are modelled.

Thanks for the instructions hawk, I'll include your post into the next readme for anyone who wants to repackage the cab file.

Shuai I got confused with my first post as I thought the 0 was my fault, I think the GEN amps should always show Amps as they are runng the AC electrics when the engine is running and the gen sw are on or charging the batts

I think we are getting to the very fine points now!!! are they really needed??  would be nice and I appreciate them, as the truer to RL the better the experience..

Jorge

That's the point ;) if it can be improved through the gauges then I will certainly try!

The roadmap for the further updates of this mod are:

(optional) sound update including custom sounds

(optional) custom repaint (see my repaint WIP thread)

Aircraft registration sticker above EADI

CAWS panel complete fix

'Tapes and Eights' EIS test

Revised installation procedure

Incorporation of Bert's autopilot fixes as an "all in one" package

Fuel kg mod, unless AtlanticFlyer objects to me doing a version of it

Further corrections to the FDE

Plus bug fixing and tweaking as necessary.

great stuff , that is a very ambitious roadmap, will be fantastic when done!!

Jorge

Plus bug fixing and tweaking as necessary.

great news.. You just can't imagine the appreciation I have for your time... and I'm glad I could add something to the mix!

Auto,

Great job.  I have been following alone on your updates.  Haven't go to aircraft yet but leaning forward to purchase in the near future.  Question is each MOD all inclusive or do you have to start with one and build on it.  Thanks for all the work.

Dick

Wow...I just read this thread.... Auto you have been busy..... Since the Citation may not be of my liking I am thinking of putting my time back into this A/C.

I will be all over this once Berts mods are incl. Not to be rude but I really do not want to start the trouble shooting all over again in case i lose a function....

I love the idea of fixing the CAWS - something I have been begging Carenado to fix since release....

Just a note - I was watching a video and the Insert Sep Annuciator did illuminate when on - Im not sure which PC-12 version it was on thought - Just an observation.

Also..... Does the RW aircraft show o amps when bats are charged?

The only other thing I would change on this aircraft but I am not even sure its possible is to separate the cockpit and cabin flood lamps... It has separate switches for the cabin yet they are inop and the cabin floods come on with the cockpit.

Thanks for your hard work..

Do you have a list of all the mods to date that your file changes - would be interesting to notice all the details whole flying even the little ones that you have been addressing.

v0.9 beta released with gen amps fix:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz_9RuK6jIkhckI2OWpkOVdENU0/view?usp=sharing

Next version will include Bert's mods and will be the first proper release.

For your questions, INERT SEP light I believe comes on when there's an issue with the inert separator doors malfunctioning. Not sure if it does come on otherwise, it might possibly switch on for 30 seconds then extinguish like the AP trim caution light actually does. It is, after all, a yellow caution light.

0 batt amps, I believe it does. I can't seem to find any proof of it though.

The cabin flood lamps, I don't think I can change, as the lighting is hard coded into the .mdl file.

The list of changes from Carenado's SP1 are as follows (I believe this is everything... I've tinkered with A LOT):

• Engine ITT reading adjusted based on formula to take into account altitude, temperature and torque. This is the main purpose of the mod. There is, simply, no other way to correct ITT without using a custom variable and SimConnect.
  • ENGINE ITT gauge fixed - error in maths means the tick mark did not correspond to correct ITT value
  • Airframe drag adjusted to better match book values (was ~2 knots too fast)
  • Fuel consumption adjusted to match book values (now should match book values for fuel consumption almost exactly in ISA conditions)
  • .air file adjusted to update throttle position vs altitude to better match torque stability vs altitude.
  • Battery simulation amended. Should have ~60 minutes of battery power with batts on and everything off, ~40 minutes with everything on (basic)
  • Battery max voltage to 25.2 V, to allow sufficient time to start up prior to dropping below 24 VDC
  • Amps simulation amended - will display amps increase with electrical load changes (visual only due to FSX battery simulation)
  • STBY BUS behaviour corrected - will switch on the standby bus via battery 1. This means you can power up the airplane using the STBY BUS switch to do your lamp testing prior to battery start
  • CAWS Panel fixes:
    • PUSHER ICE MODE light - will come on with INERT SEP and PROP HEAT both switched on
    • N ESSENTIAL BUS light - will come on with battery VDC < 22 volts
    • PAS OXY light - will only switch on when supplying oxygen (in other case, when oxygen knob is turned to "ON")
  • Fuel pump cycling sound fixed - error in gauge string
  • Louder jet fuel pump sound
  • Adjustment to eye height position (slightly higher)
  • Engine Ng start up indication improved (fuel introduction at >13%, low idle lowered to ~60%)

Auto,

Great job.  I have been following alone on your updates.  Haven't go to aircraft yet but leaning forward to purchase in the near future.  Question is each MOD all inclusive or do you have to start with one and build on it.  Thanks for all the work.

Dick

Sorry I missed this post bigsky10.

No, you will just need the latest version. Thanks.

Shuai, I beleive that with the batt Amps , if the batt is not charging or discharging the reading should be 0. The reason is tthat the Amp meter for the bat  is on the neg side of the batt so it reads + when charging and - when discharging, if fully charged and with the gens on there is no bat discharge as the gens are providing all power. So I agree with you 0 is a valid number for batt but not for Gen.

Jorge

Hi everybody here in the forum...

@Autogyro :

Just to say I`m really impressed with your effort and hard work on this PC12.

At this point, I think you got far more merit on this PC12 than Carenado has, just because they earn good money from below-standard products - yes top quality 3D models and textures, but mediocre systems as is their norm... on the other side, here you are, improving "for love at art" what they leave unpolished as usual, or what is worse...what they are not willing to polish.

I think, like others do, that turbine behavior is one key point in a simming session. Unfortunatelly few developers take care about this...RealAir's Turbine Duke, Majestic Software's Q400, PMDG's J41 ...even Aerosoft has its Twin Otter turbines acceptably modeled...

It´s hard to understand how Carenado refuses to go a short step further in delivering real good quality products just by improving systems modeling... they could be flying high with the best, but instead, they stay grounded.

BTW: it would be very nice seeing Carenado's C90GTX getting your turbine "treatment"...  sorry, could't leave without saying this! :P

Best Regards,

Kormoran,

Agree 100%! They always stop just  a step before beeing great. Hard to find out why?

Tamas

• Upvote 1