Sign in to follow this  
ceno

Need help with blurry distant mountain/rock textures (highres textures are only loaded below aircraft)

I got some improvement by adding;

Under the section [DISPLAY]

TextureMaxLoad=12

must be a multiple of 3 and 6 is default

may induce vomiting and/or OOM

and definitely moments of pausing ( a second or more, or less)

Peppy, if you're using unlimited frames, try TML in combination with Fiber_Frame_Time_Fraction of 0.1 or 0.01...(I have TML @ 30 and FFTF @0.01)

Peppy, if you're using unlimited frames, try TML in combination with Fiber_Frame_Time_Fraction of 0.1 or 0.01...(I have TML @ 30 and FFTF @0.01)

ok

will try that for the next flight into KSLC

thanks, but unfortunately makes no difference with texture loading in my testarea

Just tried FSX Steam Edition and now i am really shocked!

It looks much better than Prepar3d 2.4

With all settings to the max and LOD 9.5 it take about 1-2 minutes to load up BUT 

- NO texture pop-in

- very sharp textures near aircraft AND (!) far away

- smooth

- nicer looking terrain shadows

This is all i wanted...really stunning.

There may be some other things that prepar3d is superior but i never expected that FSX:SE blows it visually away.

The whole FTX Scenery in VFR flight looks so much better.

During the next days i will fine tune settings and put up a comparison video.

...cannot believe this.

Oh interesting - have been considering trying it - you are the second person to mention that. That would put the cat amongst the pidgeons.

Oh interesting - have been considering trying it - you are the second person to mention that. That would put the cat amongst the pidgeons.

Cannot find a good comparison between prepar3d / fsx:se.

I always read fsx is a dead end and such things...but what i saw yesterday told me that at least "texture loading wise" there is something major wrong in p3d that dont exists in fsx:se.

Yesterday i tried it with a new installation and OrbX Global, OpenLC, Vector...nothing else, will add Rex textures...ASN seems not to be compatible yet.

I am aiming for a side by side comparison in the Alps during VFR Flight....because i am a beginner that only fly with cessna and such things ;)

If you want to see another location let me know.

Just tried FSX Steam Edition and now i am really shocked!

It looks much better than Prepar3d 2.4

With all settings to the max and LOD 9.5 it take about 1-2 minutes to load up BUT 

- NO texture pop-in

- very sharp textures near aircraft AND (!) far away

- smooth

- nicer looking terrain shadows

This is all i wanted...really stunning.

There may be some other things that prepar3d is superior but i never expected that FSX:SE blows it visually away.

The whole FTX Scenery in VFR flight looks so much better.

During the next days i will fine tune settings and put up a comparison video.

...cannot believe this.

Good luck running any addon scenery and/or aircraft with that LOD at 9.5.

You know what guys, I will do an FSX vs P3D vs X-plane 10 this weekend over the same region  : Vancouver. i'll fly over the city and than over the mountains. You guys can make your own conclusion.

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

You know what guys, I will do an FSX vs P3D vs X-plane 10 this weekend over the same region  : Vancouver. i'll fly over the city and than over the mountains. You guys can make your own conclusion.

Don't forget the P3D cloud shadows.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

You know what guys, I will do an FSX vs P3D vs X-plane 10 this weekend over the same region : Vancouver. i'll fly over the city and than over the mountains. You guys can make your own conclusion.

Great! Could you perhaps add fsx:se as well?

Good luck running any addon scenery and/or aircraft with that LOD at 9.5.

With OrbX Global, OpenLC, Vector and FS Global, all sliders to the max and LOD 9.5 no crash or OOM during testing today.

Seems that Dovetail did the trick (cant compare to original fsx, to late got into this genre ;))

I mean Terrain Lightning is definitely a big p3d improvement over fsx:se...

but regarding the Texture issues, why on earth is LM not capable to fix this?

Is there any official statement or do they just ignore it?