Sign in to follow this  
Kermit_70

is VoxATC v6.49 compatible with UltimateTraffic2 v2.08?

Any major issues? 

What is the best way to control AI density, since both programs have sliders for that?

Actually, is it a good idea at all to have them both injecting traffic, instead of just leaving UT2 doing the AI job and using VoxATC for ATC communications?

Many thanks!

Any major issues? 

What is the best way to control AI density, since both programs have sliders for that?

Actually, is it a good idea at all to have them both injecting traffic, instead of just leaving UT2 doing the AI job and using VoxATC for ATC communications?

Many thanks!

If I recall correctly, all AI Traffic sliders are set to zero except VOXATC. You will need the UT2 Bridge from VOXATC.

Any major issues? 

Many thanks!

If you are going to use VoxATC and want AI traffic keep in mind that VoxATC is going to take over traffic generation COMPLETELY.   You will need UT2 Bridge as stated which basically brings all the flight plans and aircraft models from UT2 into a usable format for VoxATC.    You will prevent UT2 from running after that point.  Disable it in your DLL/EXE.DLL file.  VoxATC is now completely in control.    VoxATC cannot control traffic created by UT2.   I believe you can run both but you will have two much AI on the ground and may have conflicting traffic.    Slide your VoxATC traffic up to at least 20-40% and you will be good to go.   I own both and have had to go through this.   If someone else knows better I am all ears but as far as I know you cannot effectively run both at the same time.  VoxATC is in charge.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

They work well together. I set UT2 traffic to zero from the UT2 utilities and 70% in VOXATC. The only draw back, is VOX won't generate any add on schedules. For example, I added FEDEX, UPS, and DHL and they didn't show up in the flight.

P.S. They did show up when UT2 traffic was on and at 100%.

Naif Almazroa

My Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Youmou0205

Thank you all for the inputs, but I am still confused:

1) if I set UT2 traffic to zero, does it mean I am just not using it? Why not uninstalling it completely then? A real pity...

2) What is the role of UT2Bridge? 

I found this old post here; http://forum.avsim.net/topic/333860-voxatc-ultimate-traffic-2-super-traffic-board/

But I have to confess the role of UT2Bridge is still not clear to me.

I guess the big question is:

in your experience, is it worth trying to get both VoxATC and UT2 run together or should I just drop UT2?

My goal is to have voice-recognition in my ATC (I think VoxATC is the only one doing that), and at the same time having good looking AI traffic (both airliners and GA) that behaves naturally (gates, taxi procedures, queuing up for take off, etc) and exactly corresponding to what I hear on ATC radio. For example, I don't want to see an airplane taking off in from of me without first hearing it asking for clearance.

What I DON't care is to have up-to-date realistic AI traffic schedules (a big thing in UT2)

Opinions? Suggestions? Thanks!

Thank you all for the inputs, but I am still confused:

1) if I set UT2 traffic to zero, does it mean I am just not using it? Why not uninstalling it completely then? A real pity...

2) What is the role of UT2Bridge?

I found this old post here; http://forum.avsim.net/topic/333860-voxatc-ultimate-traffic-2-super-traffic-board/

But I have to confess the role of UT2Bridge is still not clear to me.

in your experience, is it worth trying to get both VoxATC and UT2 run together or should I just drop UT2?

My goal is to have voice-recognition in my ATC (I think VoxATC is the only one doing that), and at the same time having good looking AI traffic (both airliners and GA) that behaves naturally (gates, taxi procedures, queuing up for take off, etc) and exactly corresponding to what I hear on ATC radio. For example, I don't want to see an airplane taking off in from of me without first hearing it asking for clearance.

What I DON't care is to have up-to-date realistic AI traffic schedules (a big thing in UT2)

Opinions? Suggestions? Thanks!

UTBridge is the utility that ables VOX to see UT2 planes and schedules.

You will get what you want by using UT2. Here is what you need to do:

1. Set UT2 traffic and FSX traffic to 0%.

2. Run the VOXATC indexer.

3. Run the UTBridge.(You have to run it after everytime you run the indexer). It takes about ten minutes to finish.

And you are set to go.

Naif Almazroa

My Youtube channel:

Thank you, Naif.

Would you mind elaborating a bit  more on what are the "indexer" and the "bridge" doing, respectively? 

I would like to understand this a little better.

many thanks!

The indexer reads sceneries(airports and traffic bgls) files and installed planes to use them to generate traffic. If you are using UT2 which doesn't use traffic bgls as with other traffic add ons, then UTBridge is needed to.

Naif Almazroa

My Youtube channel:

You don't want UT2 controlling your AI, you want ATC to control air/ground traffic like it is in the RW. To this end, the traffic density of your favorite AI program (UT2 in your case) must be set to 0% within that program and then ATC (VoxATC) can take over controlling AI at a density you set in VoxATC thus allowing you to use all of those nice UT2 aircraft, so you need UT2 for all those nice paint jobs.

I use MTX myself, but the paint jobs aren't as good as UT2, but I find UT2 a bit heavy on the FPS. I think there is a texture mod you can use now and can be found on the UT2 sup forum.

Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hey Rick,

Are you saying that MTX has better FPS than UT2? How is it? Does it have more airlines than UT2? Also, do they follow real schedules?

Thanks

This is what I have found. I have used and still own UT2 but found that the same amount of AI traffic density with MTX gives me better FPS than UT2. You can't compare slider % settings because 10% MTX setting will give you different results from 10% UT2 setting. I run at 20% traffic in MTX and have plenty of AI.

The price you pay is that MTX models do not look as good as UT2 models. As I said in my previous post, I noticed on the UT2 support forum that someone has come with a short way to MipMap UT2 textures, something I am tempted to try because I do like the look of UT2 AI.

No it doesn't follow real schedules.

Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg