Sign in to follow this  
RexGrant

Do you require FSX Acceleration pack to improve FSX gold

I will now be installing FSX Gold edition (Not Steam) and I have the Acceleration pack for FSX  will I bebifit from installing it after FSX Gold.

Will appreciate your advice on This one

Best regards

Rex.

I don't think so.  The Gold Edition includes the Acceleration pack.

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

That's correct. FSX Gold Edition includes everything.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Guest JustanotherPilot

You may need SP2 and the SDK (if you use it) updates for the Gold Editions - I had to install those with the First Gold Edition released way back whenever. Maybe later versions have these included. In any case when I installed these updates a lot of changes were made to the original Gold installation

You may need SP2 and the SDK (if you use it) updates for the Gold Editions - I had to install those with the First Gold Edition released way back whenever. Maybe later versions have these included. In any case when I installed these updates a lot of changes were made to the original Gold installation

YIKES... you mean that there were "earlier" boxed DVD versions of FSX Gold that didn't come with all Acceleration and associated SP2 SDK updates in the package, and that there are later boxed versions of FSX Gold which are different (read: 'more current') than those "earlier" DVD boxed versions of FSX Gold ? :unsure:

For those buying FSX Gold to get the SP2 SDK at recent "scalper's prices" via online vendors... BEWARE ! :excl:

Make sure that the downloadable FSX SP2 definitely does update the FSX Gold SDK installation to the latest SP2 version as well as the general FSX simulator application itself. :wink:

GaryGB

Guest JustanotherPilot

YIKES... you mean that there were "earlier" boxed DVD versions of FSX Gold that didn't come with all Acceleration and associated SP2 SDK updates in the package, and that there are later boxed versions of FSX Gold which are different (read: 'more current') than those "earlier" DVD boxed versions of FSX Gold ? :unsure:

For those buying FSX Gold to get the SP2 SDK at recent "scalper's prices" via online vendors... BEWARE ! :excl:

Make sure that the downloadable FSX SP2 definitely does update the FSX Gold SDK installation to the latest SP2 version as well as the general FSX simulator application itself. :wink:

GaryGB

Yep I had to buy Acceleration as an add on then install the updates. I bought the product pre-release before it hit the shops. I've seen it as low as $A29.95 or $US23.95, some online stores are still selling it for $US100!

ou may need SP2 and the SDK (if you use it) updates for the Gold Editions

That is incorrect information and following it will result in FSX crashes and other anomalies. Sp2 is the freeware version of Acceleration. It was released after Acceleration was released as Microsoft was praying really hard that we would be anxious to see what Acceleration looked like and buy it for $19.95. About two months later they released SP2. SP2 is coded differently than Acceleration because it is a free update from FSX SP1 and Microsoft wanted to be sure that no one, absolutely no one, could copy the payware products in Acceleration (F-16, scenery, and missions) and use them with SP2.

FSX Gold has always had FSX, SP1, and Acceleration included in the box. If you install SP2 and then Acceleration, you will have a lot of problems with FSX. If you install Acceleration and then SP2 I doubt FSX will even start up. Microsoft stated somewhere on their FSInsider website that if you have FSX w/SP2 installed and you want to install Acceleration, make sure you uninstall SP2 first.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Microsoft stated somewhere on their FSInsider website that if you have FSX w/SP2 installed and you want to install Acceleration, make sure you uninstall SP2 first.

The Acceleration installer tells you that if you try to install Acceleration over SP2.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Guest JustanotherPilot

That is incorrect information and following it will result in FSX crashes and other anomalies. Sp2 is the freeware version of Acceleration. It was released after Acceleration was released as Microsoft was praying really hard that we would be anxious to see what Acceleration looked like and buy it for $19.95. About two months later they released SP2. SP2 is coded differently than Acceleration because it is a free update from FSX SP1 and Microsoft wanted to be sure that no one, absolutely no one, could copy the payware products in Acceleration (F-16, scenery, and missions) and use them with SP2.

FSX Gold has always had FSX, SP1, and Acceleration included in the box. If you install SP2 and then Acceleration, you will have a lot of problems with FSX. If you install Acceleration and then SP2 I doubt FSX will even start up. Microsoft stated somewhere on their FSInsider website that if you have FSX w/SP2 installed and you want to install Acceleration, make sure you uninstall SP2 first.

Best regards,

Jim,

I have to disagree with you on that. My boxed copy of FSX Deluxe does not include Acceleration. I have done many re-installs over the years and it is not present, I need to add my boxed copy of Acceleration to update it. As far as sp2, if I  install my copy of FSX Deluxe and the SDK and not install Acceleration  I need to install SP1 and Sp2 files(fsx_sp1_ENU, fsx_sp2_ENU, fsx_sdk_1a and fsx_sdk_sp2) These files must be installed to get me to the latest edition of FSX.

I do not my aim to provide misinformation in these, or any forums

I need to install this(below) for Acceleration to be included in my FSX Deluxe. It may well be that Acceleration was included in later versions of FSX Deluxe, in mine, it was not. As I have one of the very first release editions it may have been omitted.

steve

HGST750gig005_zpsajexy0h5.jpg

I have to disagree with you on that. My boxed copy of FSX Deluxe does not include Acceleration. I have done many re-installs over the years and it is not present, I need to add my boxed copy of Acceleration to update it. As far as sp2, if I install my copy of FSX Deluxe and the SDK and not install Acceleration I need to install SP1 and Sp2 files(fsx_sp1_ENU, fsx_sp2_ENU, fsx_sdk_1a and fsx_sdk_sp2) These files must be installed to get me to the latest edition of FSX.

Hi Steve,

There is obviously a communications problem. I do not disagree with anything you said above. If you do not want to buy the Acceleration addon, then you would install FSX, SP1, and then SP2. That's what I said above. If you later want to install Acceleration as you want to have the F16 and other addons included in Acceleration, then you would have to uninstall SP2, then install Acceleration. The SDK is totally separate and has nothing to do with the FSX installation.

You may need SP2 and the SDK (if you use it) updates for the Gold Editions - I had to install those with the First Gold Edition released way back whenever.

You see what you stated here? You may need SP2 updates for the Gold Editions. Acceleration comes with the Gold Edition. Acceleration is the payware version of SP2. In no cases can they both be installed together. There has never been a Gold Edition released without Acceleration included. It is why they call it the "Gold Edition". It's got FSX, SP1, and Acceleration.

I'm just worried that someone who has the Gold Edition will install SP2 too. It will cause major problems for the individual if he/she does this.

I'm also worried that someone will install FSX, SP1, SP2, and then Acceleration. That is a recipe for disaster too.

I know you are not intentionally providing misinformation. It's a common mistake done by many flight simmers as they were not around here when FSX was first released, then SP1, then Acceleration, then SP2 (for those who did not want to pay $19.95 for Acceleration). No matter what installation you prefer, after it has been completed, then you can install the SDK as you indicated if you need it. It's not really needed to run FSX.

Best regards,

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

My boxed copy of FSX Deluxe does not include Acceleration.

You are right, FSX Deluxe does not include Acceleration.

On the other hand, FSX Gold does. The Gold edition includes both FSX Deluxe and FSX Acceleration.

I note that my boxed copies of Deluxe and Gold specify:

FLIGHT SIMULATOR X DELUXE WIN32 ENG

Flight Sim X-Gold Win32 English NA DVD

Have no idea what might be included in non-English or English NA (for distribution in US/Canada only) versions.  (I assume the same, but you know what they say about assumptions).

scott s.

I note that my boxed copies of Deluxe and Gold specify:

FSX-Deluxe has 2 disks

FSX-Gold has 3 disks

It's not any more complicated than that...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Wow! Thank you all for clearing up my concern, and I hope your help with also help others.

Than you again

Regards

Rex

FSX Gold here in South Africa at www kalahari.com for about $14.00!

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond...