Sign in to follow this  
Valcor

ORBX PAJN flashing chimney smoke

Steve,

for Your attention. Holger Sandmann, ORBX support, replied my question as follows,

please see below.  

Wulf

Posted Today, 08:40 PM  in ORBX support forum

"...interesting though I've no idea about the cause or a fix. The smoke effects for our rustic cabins are actually part of the model (via an effect attachment point that calls the default fx_ChimneySmoke.fx) meaning there's nothing we can control externally other than placing (or deleting) the cabin...."

You could try editing fx_ChimneySmoke.fx and change all lines with Face=1,1,1 to Face=1,0,1 (take a backup somewhere)

tried it with success for the cabin smoke, but now the PAPI lights on RWY08 begin to flash. The prob disappears with landing lights on, but this is not the favoured solution. So I replaced to the original Face=1,1,1 again (I also repeatingly scanned the effects folder via the DX10fixer-scanner after effect file corrections).

BTW Did you experiment with an offset lightfield in vertical and/or sidewards too?

Is the old AC ballast configuration an option? I did not try it as I do not know of possible add. conflicts.

Wulf

ok - the flashing is being passed down somehow we need a ballast like light to take the hit - I tried an offset lightfield and it didn't work - it must be placed after the shacks in the sort order.

Steve, I have also had flashing smoke from the exhaust on the Glowing Heat B-58 Hustler while doing tower passes at PAJN also. Most notable as the plane flies away from the tower with the sky as background. I 've been going to fast to notice the cabin smoke though.  Skip

tried it with success for the cabin smoke, but now the PAPI lights on RWY08 begin to flash. The prob disappears with landing lights on, but this is not the favoured solution. So I replaced to the original Face=1,1,1 again (I also repeatingly scanned the effects folder via the DX10fixer-scanner after effect file corrections).

BTW Did you experiment with an offset lightfield in vertical and/or sidewards too?

Is the old AC ballast configuration an option? I did not try it as I do not know of possible add. conflicts.

Wulf

I need to tidy this up but for example, changing the faces of ChimneySmoke to 1,0,1 AND then either placing a ballast light with a BGL nears the shacks OR merging a ballast light with ChimneySmoke appears to solve it.

I need to tidy this up but for example, changing the faces of ChimneySmoke to 1,0,1 AND then either placing a ballast light with a BGL nears the shacks OR merging a ballast light with ChimneySmoke appears to solve it.

Just to ask if this could be solved...

Actually my advice is to find the FTX effect fx_HS_FSX_SAK_PAJN_LDIN_D.fx and add the following extra emitter to it - remember to back up before changing!

Add this...

// Ballast

[Emitter.20]

Lifetime=0.50, 0.50

Delay=0.00, 0.00

Bounce=0.00

No Interpolate=1

Rate=1.00, 1.00

X Emitter Velocity=0.00, 0.00

Y Emitter Velocity=0.00, 0.00

Z Emitter Velocity=0.00, 0.00

Drag=0.00, 0.00

X Particle Velocity=0.00, 0.00

Y Particle Velocity=0.00, 0.00

Z Particle Velocity=0.00, 0.00

X Rotation=0.00, 0.00

Y Rotation=0.00, 0.00

Z Rotation=0.00, 0.00

X Offset=0.00, 0.00

Y Offset=0.00, 0.00

Z Offset=0.00, 0.00

[Particle.20]

Lifetime=0.00, 0.00

Type=19

X Scale=0.30, 0.30

Y Scale=0.30, 0.30

Z Scale=0.00, 0.00

X Scale Rate=0.00, 0.00

Y Scale Rate=0.00, 0.00

Z Scale Rate=0.00, 0.00

Drag=0.00, 0.00

Color Rate=0.00, 0.00

X Offset=0.00, 0.00

Y Offset=0.00, 0.00

Z Offset=0.00, 0.00

Fade In=0.00, 0.00

Fade Out=0.00, 0.00

Rotation=0.00, 0.00

Face=1, 1, 1

[ParticleAttributes.20]

Blend Mode=2

Texture=fx_1.bmp

Bounce=0.00

Color Start=0, 0, 0, 1

Color End=0, 0, 0, 0

Jitter Distance=0.00

Jitter Time=0.00

uv1=0.00, 0.00

uv2=0.50, 0.50

X Scale Goal=0.00

Y Scale Goal=0.00

Z Scale Goal=0.00

Extrude Length=0.00

Extrude Pitch Max=0.00

Extrude Heading Max=0.00

Actually my advice is to find the FTX effect fx_HS_FSX_SAK_PAJN_LDIN_D.fx and add the following extra emitter to it - remember to back up before changing!

Add this...

// Ballast

Thanks, Steve.

I added the complete [Emitter.20] data bloc into the corresponding LDIN_D.fx file, re-scanned the effect files with DX10 controller(!).... the prob with the flashing smoke remains. The inclusion of PAJN_lightfield.bgl has no effect. Only AC landing lights on resolves this.

Hi Wulf

How are you converting effects this is intended to work with Exclude Particle effects ticked (the default).

Steve

Hi Wulf

How are you converting effects this is intended to work with Exclude Particle effects ticked (the default).

Steve

Hi Steve, I have only clicked the DX10 Scenery fixer controller. Then the window automatically popped up and asked to scan effects files what I did. I did not change anything within the fixer settings and "exclude particle settings" are ticked in the lights/effects option menu.

Wulf