Sign in to follow this  
abh_jc_03

contemplating a few aircraft. Input?

I am torn on getting a few different aircraft.  I own the A2A C182 and I am still learning the aircraft and I own the RA Turbine Duke, but I keep seeing the A2A cherokee and the Turbine Duke V2 and I can't decide if I should purchase or not.  I know it's personal preference, but I would like input if possible.  Thank you

Josh Scholl

I have em all, love em all

Try the Piston Duke and Legacy too

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Can't comment on the others but the RealAir Turbine Duke is fantastic. I contemplated it for too long and when I just purchased it last week I was slapping myself for not buying it sooner. You won't regret it.

I couldn't help myself. I decided to splurge and get them both. My hangar is getting very full.

Josh Scholl

I don't know if this is any help to you, but I keep quite a tidy hanger, I want to master a small number of planes, rather than have hundreds in my hanger. What I do with the planes I have, though, is to associate a plane type with a region or locale. That way I have a reason for flying these other aircraft. Caravan for PNW, Cherokee for Orbx Northern England, A2A 172 for UTX USA, etc. you get to expand your hanger and have a reason for flying them. Buy these great planes! And base them somewhere new ...

Don't have the Turbine Duke but I have the B60 and love it. There's something really fun about cruising around at FL230 in a GA plane.

I've got the A2A Cherokee (as well as the 172 and P-51) and it's a blast too. I usually fly it IFR in bad conditions; it's a very stable plane.

You'll have fun with all of them I'm sure.

Try the Carenado Pilatus and get the mods from the unofficial forum!

I have the Pilatus, but what is the unofficial forum that you are referring to?

Don't have the Turbine Duke but I have the B60 and love it.

Ditto.  I just love the B60.  One of my favorite all time planes.

I have the a2a 182 as well. Great airplane that hold you accountable for the way you fly (or don't fly)! The Turbo Duke I am about ready to pull the trigger on. I think these two are the best of the single and dual engine aircraft on the market right now.

(Tell me what you like about your Duke?)

Another to consider, that I have heard good things about, is the Diamond DA20-100 Katana 4 X (watch out there are a lot of other older versions still out there). It is a nice two seater stick driven plane! I will be getting it after the Duke but it has good write ups and, like the a2a C-182, requires maintanence, wears out, and holds the owner accountible for good or bad flying.

This will give me 3 good GA crafts.

I am hoping someone will come out with a newer, realistic DC-3 or some other large "freight/passenger" hauler I can use in my FSEconomy flying business. Any suggestions out there?

cmitch

I will let you know as soon as I give her a spin. I just took up the a2a cherokee. All I can say is wow! Now I know why everybody loves it.

Josh Scholl