Sign in to follow this  
Richard Avenido

PMDG slow download speed

hello guys. may i know why the  download speed of your site is slow? im redownloading the whole installer of the PMDG 77L and 77W cause i upgrade to FSX: SE. you guys having some server issues or something?

Servers might be busy with the P3D launch? Have you tried using software such as IDM to try and boost the speed?

hello guys. may i know why the  download speed of your site is slow? im redownloading the whole installer of the PMDG 77L and 77W cause i upgrade to FSX: SE. you guys having some server issues or something?

"These guys" use Amazon Web Services for product distribution, so it's not an issue on our end. It's an issue between you computer, your ISP, and Amazon. Given the network of Amazon's AWS servers, your speeds should be relatively good, unless they servers are being inundated with traffic to our product, and that's simply a networking issue.

Kyle Rodgers

Yeah... PMDG is not going to slow the Amazon cloud.  I occasionally have download issues with my ISP but if I come back later all is okay.  For that matter, it might be the provider to the provider... it's really hard to tell.

You can run a speed test at your end (see google). That rules out your connection.

Dan Downs KCRP

I had the same problem downloading the P3D version of PMDG's 777 last night.  the estimated time slowly crept up to 33 minutes.  I stopped the download and restarted Firefox.  The rest of the download then arrived in about 8 minutes.  The problem was probably on this end because everybody and his brother was probably streaming some video on our local cable system.  I think the problem will only get worse until the carriers invest in upgrading the backbones and extend fiber to the doorstep.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

James M Driskell, Maj USMC (Ret)

everybody and his brother was probably streaming some video on our local cable system

Ah ha! I expected that to start affecting people. I stayed away from cable because I didn't want to share the bandwidth I pay for.. and I'm lucky that ADSL offers the speeds in my area that I am willing to pay for.  Once in awhile I find an advantage to being a communications engineer.

Dan Downs KCRP